As featured on
DANVILLE — The Danville District 118 school board Wednesday night approved a new five-year c…
Two recent legal settlements the Danville District 118 school board approved cost the district more than $600,000, and contained the conditions of two board member resignations and the extension of Superintendent Alicia Geddis' contract.
Additional documents were sent to the Commercial-News this week after Danville School District 118 released information last week in response to the Commercial-News' Freedom of Information Act request about D118 school board-approved settlements with Superintendent Alicia Geddis and her administrative assistant Letha Reeves, and a conduct investigation into former school board member Lon Henderson.
This Week's Circulars
54, formerly of Wingate and had been residing in Veedersburg, passed away on Monday, October 18, 2021. Visitation: Saturday, October 23rd from 2:00- 5:00 p.m. at Maus Funeral Home, Attica. Services: Sunday, October 24th, at 2:00 p.m.
- Day laid to rest in Spring Hill Cemetery; Rev. Jesse Jackson attends burial, calls for justice
- Danville council extends city employee residency requirements
- Heart of Meade Park
- School spirit revived
- Leaders confront rash of violence in community
- Danville Dans add legendary coach Ron Polk to 2022 staff
- Sex offender sentenced to 2 years
- OTUDOORS: Illinois waterfowl season dates are set
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bis-Henn/Ross-Al defeats Westville for County title
- Kiwanis Pancake Day returns to Arena