Position: outfielder/infielder, pitcher
College: North Florida
Weight: 210 pounds
Hometown: Jacksonville, Fla.
Family: mother, Wendy Herrmann; father, Rich Herrmann; and sister, Taylor Herrmann.
Host family: Mark, Jana and Katie Goodwin.
Major: sports management
2013 statistics: batted .314 with 0 home runs and 9 RBIs. Herrmann was also 2-0 with 1 save and he had a 1.74 ERA with 18 strikeouts and five walks.
Best baseball moment: hitting a home run in the district championship game in high school.
Best non-baseball moment: graduating high school.
Other interests: basketball and paintball.
Favorite pro team: Oakland Athletics
Favorite athlete: Randy Johnson
Favorite color: green
Favorite food: any foord
Favorite actor: Mark Wahlberg
Favorite actress: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite movie: Shooter
Favorite book: Ticktock by Dean Koontz.
Favorite TV show: Psych
Favorite musician: Thomas Rhett
Mode of transportation: Katie Goodwin
First job: planting flowers
Vacation spot: Florida Keys
Motto: “Speak softly and carry a big stick.’’
Quincy vs. Danville
When — 6:30 p.m.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults, $3 for school-age children
Promotion — It’s a triple-play Wednesday at Danville Stadium. For $9, an individual gets admission to the game, a hot dog and a drink.
Special guests — The Chicago Blackhawks Band.
Probable starting pitchers — Quincy: LHP Austin Klein (3-2, 3.02 ERA); Danville: RHP Blake Stevens (3-0, 1.50 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
Position: outfielder/infielder, pitcher
- Dans continue to struggle DANVILLE — The Danville Dans haven’t exactly been playing their best baseball in the second half of the season. After taking the West Division title in the first half with a 19-11 record, Danville has played sub-.500 baseball in the second half and c
- Experienced Illini looking for success CHICAGO — Illinois Fighting Illini head coach Tim Beckman is hoping that the third time is the charm.Beckman begins his third season at the helm of the Illini, and with the nucleus of last season’s team returning, it may finally be time for Illinois
- Hazell hopes for smooth second season CHICAGO — After a season to forget in 2013, Purdue head coach Darrell Hazell is expecting better results as his team begins training camp next week. Hazell spoke to the media during the 2014 Big Ten Football Media Days at the Hilton Chicago, and afte
- Local Sports Calendar TODAYProspect League BaseballHannibal Cavemen at Danville Dans, 6:30 p.m.THURSDAYProspect League BaseballWest Virginia Miners at Danville Dans, 6:30 p.m.Local TennisMcTagertt Tennis Tournament at North Montgomery, 3:30 p.m.FRIDAYLocal TennisMcTagertt
- Repeat performance Championship Sunday was in full swing at the 42nd Annual Dustbowl at David S. Palmer Arena. In the men’s division it was defending champions Leek & Sons against the Hickory Beavers. Leek & Sons made it back to back championships with a 29-point victo
- Gordon kisses 'The Bricks' for 5th time INDIANAPOLIS — The common gift for a 20th anniversary is either china or platinum.But for Jeff Gordon on Sunday, he was more interested in the PPG Trophy made of gold, sterling silver and alloy aluminum and the native of Pittsboro, Ind., wasn’t going
- Old friends meet again in city tourney DANVILLE — Gene Gourley and Bryan Stine have a lot of history on the tennis court. The two of them, who have been playing each other at the Danville Tennis Center for over 20 years, renewed their rivalry again on Sunday during the Greater Danville Ar
- Free throws decide junior Dustbowl title DANVILLE — In the boys’s Division it was DV Stars vs. Squad for the Championship with the Squad coming back from an early 16-point deficit to beat DV Stars 59-55 in overtime. Squads Parker Lee made one of two free throws with 18 seconds left in regul
- Keys leads College Girls to Dustbowl title The girls division championship between County Girls and College Girls was a close battle between two fine teams. The College Girls never trailed in the second half and squeaked out a victory over the County Girls 32-29.After a timeout was called by
- Big Ten unveils new look CHICAGO — Welcome to the new look Big Ten.The Big Ten Conference held its 43rd annual Football Media Days on Monday at the Hilton Chicago and in the first day of the two day event, a lot of different topics were discussed, and a few more concepts fo
- More Sports Headlines