College: Kankankee Community College, will be attending the University of Illinois in the fall.
Weight: 170 pounds
Family: mother, Shelia Fletcher; father, Darrin Fletcher; sister, Preslie Fletcher; and brother Koby Fletcher.
Host family: Shelia and Darrin Fletcher.
2013 statistics: batted .381 with 2 home runs and 69 RBIs. Fletcher also scored 53 runs and stole 16 bases. On the mound, the right-hander was 0-1 with 8 saves and he had a 0.71 ERA.
Best baseball moment: coming to the field every day.
Best non-baseball moments: spending time with my family.
Other interests: boating, golf and fishing.
Favorite pro team: Miami Heat
Favorite athlete: LeBron James
Favorite color: black
Favorite food: Steak and mashed potatoes
Favorite actor: Robert Downing Jr.
Favorite actress: Jessica Alba
Favorite movie: Any superhero movie.
Favorite TV show: Two and a Half Men.
Favorite cartoon: South Park
Favorite musicial group: Jay-Z
Mode of transportation: Kia Sportage “a grandma car’’
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: San Diego
Motto: “Collapse. Crush. Cadillac.’’
Springfield vs. Danville
When — 5 p.m. doubleheader. First game is a 7-inning suspended contest, while the second game is the regularly scheduled 9-inning game.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults and $3 for school-age children.
Promotion — It’s the annual McPack the Place Night sponsored by the Vermilion County McDonald’s restaurants.
Probable starting pitchers — Springfield: Game 1, ; Game 2, TBD; Danville: Game 1, RHP Mitch Holtz (5-0, 2.80 ERA); Game 2, LHP Spencer Herrmann (1-1, 1.64 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Taylor slows Blue Devils BISMARCK -- After a perfect game from Ross Learnard on Tuesday, the Salt Fork baseball team received another outstanding pitching performance on Friday from Cole Taylor, who struck out nine and allowed only one hit over five innings as the Storm beat
- Danville blasts three homers to beat Westville WESTVILLE -- Danville coach Corey Pullin knew it was just a matter of time until junior Alissa Peelman and sophomore Lindsey Lowenstein started seeing positive results at the plate. On Friday afternoon, the duo of Peelman and Lowenstein gave the Viki
- Danville girls track wins Raider Invitational BLOOMINGTON -- The Danville girls track team picked up four wins as they were able to beat the pack at the Lady Raider Invitational on Friday. Sadie Elliott won the 3,200 in 11 minutes, 51.75 seconds for Danville, while Aariona Graham won the long ju
- Friday's Local Scores PREP BASEBALL At Bismarck Salt Fork 15, Bismarck-Henning 0 Salt Fork 040 0(11) -- 15 14 0 Bis-Henn 000 0 0 -- 0 1 8 WP -- Cole Taylor. LP -- Dustyn Ingram. Two or more hits -- SF: Ross Learnard 3, Max Stutsman 3, Garrett McFadden, Lane West
- Trojans cruise to victory COVINGTON, Ind. - The Covington softball team had a big first inning as they scored five runs on their way to defeating Attica 11-1. Attica threatened to score in the first, getting Karrah Pattengale to second, but they were unable to drive her home.
- Lunger steps up for Buffaloes GEORGETOWN -- In only the second start of his career, Georgetown-Ridge Farm/Chrisman pitcher Tyler Lunger pitched a five-hit complete game as the Buffaloes defeated Milford 8-2 on Thursday in Vermilion Valley Conference action. "I feel I threw well
- Maroons blitz young Vikings DANVILLE -- In the process of gaining experience, the Danville boys tennis team has taken a few lumps in the first few weeks of season. On Thursday afternoon, the Champaign Central Maroons delivered a few lessons to the younger Vikings with a 9-0 vic
- Peelman pitches no-hitter as Vikings beat Maroons CHAMPAIGN -- Alissa Peelman pitched a no-hitter as the Danville High School softball team beat Champaign Central 11-0 in five innings on Thursday in Big 12 Conference action. Peelman was also 3-of-4 with three RBIs for the Vikings while Mackenzie Kin
- Thursday's Local Scores PREP BASEBALL At Georgetown Georgetown-Ridge Farm/Chrisman 8, Milford 2 Milford 101 000 0 -- 2 5 10 GRFC 200 141 x -- 8 8 3 WP -- Tyler Lunger. LP -- Clayton Rieches. Two or more hits -- GRFC: Dylan Bina, Ethan Silva. 2B
- Better late than never for Bott BISMARCK -- Marshall golf coach Matt Grobe completely surprised Bismarck-Henning standout Andy Bott with an e-mail earlier this year. Bott, who is a three-time all-stater for the Blue Devils, was preparing to attend Illinois Wesleyan in the fall. "Ou
- More Sports Headlines