College: Kankankee Community College, will be attending the University of Illinois in the fall.
Weight: 170 pounds
Family: mother, Shelia Fletcher; father, Darrin Fletcher; sister, Preslie Fletcher; and brother Koby Fletcher.
Host family: Shelia and Darrin Fletcher.
2013 statistics: batted .381 with 2 home runs and 69 RBIs. Fletcher also scored 53 runs and stole 16 bases. On the mound, the right-hander was 0-1 with 8 saves and he had a 0.71 ERA.
Best baseball moment: coming to the field every day.
Best non-baseball moments: spending time with my family.
Other interests: boating, golf and fishing.
Favorite pro team: Miami Heat
Favorite athlete: LeBron James
Favorite color: black
Favorite food: Steak and mashed potatoes
Favorite actor: Robert Downing Jr.
Favorite actress: Jessica Alba
Favorite movie: Any superhero movie.
Favorite TV show: Two and a Half Men.
Favorite cartoon: South Park
Favorite musicial group: Jay-Z
Mode of transportation: Kia Sportage “a grandma car’’
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: San Diego
Motto: “Collapse. Crush. Cadillac.’’
Springfield vs. Danville
When — 5 p.m. doubleheader. First game is a 7-inning suspended contest, while the second game is the regularly scheduled 9-inning game.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults and $3 for school-age children.
Promotion — It’s the annual McPack the Place Night sponsored by the Vermilion County McDonald’s restaurants.
Probable starting pitchers — Springfield: Game 1, ; Game 2, TBD; Danville: Game 1, RHP Mitch Holtz (5-0, 2.80 ERA); Game 2, LHP Spencer Herrmann (1-1, 1.64 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Going the extra mile BISMARCK — Bismarck-Henning coach Mark Dodd has really enjoyed the last few years.Not just because of the two straight Vermilion Valley Conference titles and a almost three-year unbeaten run in regular season action, but because of working with playe
- LOCAL ROUNDUP: Trojans defeat Chargers in volleyball opener CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. — It took all five sets but the Covington Lady Trojans opened the year with a hard-fought 24-26, 25-22, 25-21, 19-25, 16-14 victory over the North Montgomery Chargers in prep volleyball action on Tuesday night.Brooke Ahrens led t
- Patriots make changes WEST LEBANON, Ind. – Success for the Seeger Patriot football team this season will depend on two things.They will rely on technique and teamwork to reach their goals.“We’ve got a little bit of size, a little bit of speed and a few guys with a lot of
- B-H's Warren claims Urbana Kick-Off Classic URBANA — Bismarck-Henning’s David Warren kicked off his senior season in style, winning the Urbana Kick-Off Classic at the Urbana Country Club.Warren shot a 4-over 76 to earn a one-stroke victory over Champaign Centennial’s Isaac Overman (77), while
- Trying to fill big holes CAYUGA, Ind. — Brayden Woodard and his senior teammates on the 2013 North Vermillion football team left their mark on the Wabash River Conference.The Falcons won back-to-back undefeated league titles and they enter this season with a 15-game winning
- New names, same goals VEEDERSBURG, Ind. — While the names might change, the goals and expectations for the Fountain Central football team remain the same.The Mustangs, who went 11-2 last year with a sectional championship, are looking to replace 60 percent of their offens
- Trojans' experience could be key COVINGTON, Ind. – The Covington football team enters this season on a positive note. The Trojans lost only five seniors to graduation, so team hopes to build on its many returning players.“We’re a year old and stronger,” said Covington head coach Tra
- Voles set to host Jamboree DANVILLE — For the eighth year, the Vermilion Voles Vintage Base Ball club will invite other clubs in the Midwest to Kennekuk County Park on Saturday for the “Uncle Joe” Cannon Base Ball Jamboree.The event will feature four teams with the Voles, the
- No Headline Provided HELP WANTEDThe Danville Commercial-News is seeking sports-minded individuals to cover local sporting events this school year. An individual should have their own transportation, and be able to work nights and weekends.Anyone interested in the opportu
- Young Vikings get started DANVILLE — For the second year in a row, high school football teams in Illinois have had to make a change in their preseason practice schedules.A year ago, the IHSA developed a new policy when it came to acclimatization period of early-season practic
- More Sports Headlines