College: Birmingham Southern
Weight: 185 pounds
Hometown: Gadsden, Ala.
Family: mother, Becky Nordgren; father, Eric Nordgren; brother, Eric Nordgren; and sister, Millie Nordgren.
Host family: Dennis and Kendra Westfall
2013 statistics: was 5-2 with a 1.48 ERA. He also had 1 save and 48 strikeouts in 60Ð innings
Best baseball playing moment: getting the win in the conference championship game during my sophomore season.
Best non-baseball playing moment: attending the 2012 National League Wild-Card playoff game between the Atlanta Braves and St. Louis Cardinals.
Other interests: golf, shooting
Favorite pro team: Atlanta Braves
Favorite athlete: Chipper Jones
Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: steak
Favorite actor: Denzel Washington
Favorite actress: Natalie Portman
Favorite movie: Billy Madison
Favorite cartoon: Tom & Jerry
Favorite TV show: Two and a Half Men with Charlie Sheen.
Favorite musical group: Florida Georgia Line
Mode of transportation: Nissan Exterra
First job: construction
Vacation spot: Destin, Fla.
Motto: “That’s money.’’
Springfield vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. (doubleheader)
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $2
Promotions — Two-buck Tuesday. Everything from admission to hot dogs to beverages are $2.
Probable starting pitchers — Springfield: Game 1, RHP Chance Simpson (0-1, 5.78 ERA) and Game 2, LHP Derek Schneider (0-1, 4.26 ERA); Danville: Game 1, RHP Zach Gordon (0-1, 6.86 ERA) and Game 2, LHP Jon Rashid (1-2, 9.81 ERA).
- Taylor slows Blue Devils BISMARCK -- After a perfect game from Ross Learnard on Tuesday, the Salt Fork baseball team received another outstanding pitching performance on Friday from Cole Taylor, who struck out nine and allowed only one hit over five innings as the Storm beat
- Danville blasts three homers to beat Westville WESTVILLE -- Danville coach Corey Pullin knew it was just a matter of time until junior Alissa Peelman and sophomore Lindsey Lowenstein started seeing positive results at the plate. On Friday afternoon, the duo of Peelman and Lowenstein gave the Viki
- Danville girls track wins Raider Invitational BLOOMINGTON -- The Danville girls track team picked up four wins as they were able to beat the pack at the Lady Raider Invitational on Friday. Sadie Elliott won the 3,200 in 11 minutes, 51.75 seconds for Danville, while Aariona Graham won the long ju
- Friday's Local Scores PREP BASEBALL At Bismarck Salt Fork 15, Bismarck-Henning 0 Salt Fork 040 0(11) -- 15 14 0 Bis-Henn 000 0 0 -- 0 1 8 WP -- Cole Taylor. LP -- Dustyn Ingram. Two or more hits -- SF: Ross Learnard 3, Max Stutsman 3, Garrett McFadden, Lane West
- Trojans cruise to victory COVINGTON, Ind. - The Covington softball team had a big first inning as they scored five runs on their way to defeating Attica 11-1. Attica threatened to score in the first, getting Karrah Pattengale to second, but they were unable to drive her home.
- Lunger steps up for Buffaloes GEORGETOWN -- In only the second start of his career, Georgetown-Ridge Farm/Chrisman pitcher Tyler Lunger pitched a five-hit complete game as the Buffaloes defeated Milford 8-2 on Thursday in Vermilion Valley Conference action. "I feel I threw well
- Maroons blitz young Vikings DANVILLE -- In the process of gaining experience, the Danville boys tennis team has taken a few lumps in the first few weeks of season. On Thursday afternoon, the Champaign Central Maroons delivered a few lessons to the younger Vikings with a 9-0 vic
- Peelman pitches no-hitter as Vikings beat Maroons CHAMPAIGN -- Alissa Peelman pitched a no-hitter as the Danville High School softball team beat Champaign Central 11-0 in five innings on Thursday in Big 12 Conference action. Peelman was also 3-of-4 with three RBIs for the Vikings while Mackenzie Kin
- Thursday's Local Scores PREP BASEBALL At Georgetown Georgetown-Ridge Farm/Chrisman 8, Milford 2 Milford 101 000 0 -- 2 5 10 GRFC 200 141 x -- 8 8 3 WP -- Tyler Lunger. LP -- Clayton Rieches. Two or more hits -- GRFC: Dylan Bina, Ethan Silva. 2B
- Better late than never for Bott BISMARCK -- Marshall golf coach Matt Grobe completely surprised Bismarck-Henning standout Andy Bott with an e-mail earlier this year. Bott, who is a three-time all-stater for the Blue Devils, was preparing to attend Illinois Wesleyan in the fall. "Ou
- More Sports Headlines