Position: right-handed pitcher
Weight: 180 pounds
Hometown: Las Vegas
Family: father, Tom Dunn; mother, Franceen Dunn; brother, Austen Dunn; brother, Jackson Dunn; and brother, Taylor Dunn.
Host family: Butch and Julie Buesing
Major: sports medicine
2013 statistics: was 0-0 with a 4.91 ERA, recording six strikeouts in 3Ð innings
Best baseball moment: pitching and getting the victory in the state championship game in Nevada.
Best non-baseball moments: signing to play baseball at Pepperdine.
Other interests: college basketball, golf, fishing and spending time with friends and family.
Favorite pro team: San Diego Padres
Favorite athlete: Mariano Rivera
Favorite color: green
Favorite food: steak
Favorite actor: Jason Statham
Favorite actress: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite movie: Step Brothers
Favorite TV show: SportsCenter
Favorite cartoon: SpongeBob Square Pants
Favorite book: Life of Pi
Favorite musicial group: Led Zeppelin
Mode of transportation: Audi A4
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: Fuji
Motto: “Did we just become best friends? Yep.”
Terre Haute vs. Danville
When — 6:30 p.m.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults and $3 for school-age children.
Promotion — Danville Dans Kids’ Club night, sponsored by Pediatric Providers of Danville. Members of the kids’ club get free admission, they get to participate in the pre-game “High Five” tunnel and one member will be a guest public address announcer.
Special event — Participants of the WDAN Sports Media Camp will being doing the broadcast on www.vermilioncountyfirst.com as well as assisting in the public address responsibilities.
Probable starting pitchers — Terre Haute: LHP Kyle Zimmerman (3-0, 1.01 ERA); Danville: RHP Matt Brandys (1-1, 3.68 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
Position: right-handed pitcher
- Mustangs advance to sectional final VEEDERSBURG, Ind. - Fountain Central had a strong start, got a big lead and fought off a tenacious Seeger boys' basketball team to advance to the championship game of 2A Sectional 38 with a 67-45 win. The Mustangs jumped out to a quick 9-2 lead then
- Falcons fall to Rox CAYUGA, Ind. -- In a physical IHSAA 1A Boys Basketball Sectional semifinal, the North Vermillion boys basketball team lost to Wabash River Conference rival Rockville 61-53 on Friday at North Vermillion High School. Rockville came out with an aggressi
- Jaguars lose in playoffs LINCOLN -- The Danville Area Community College men's basketball team's season ended on Friday with a 80-77 loss to Lincoln College in the Region 24 playoffs. DACC coach DaJuan Gouard said the game represented the theme of the season. "We were up by e
- Illini hope for strong ending IOWA CITY -- The Illinois men's basketball team got themselves back into postseason consideration with three straight wins thanks to a suffocating defense. But the Michigan Wolverines, the outright champions of the Big Ten Conference, sliced through
- Friday's Local Scores At Normal Community IHSA Class 4A Regional Championship Normal Community 71, Danville 42 Normal Community (71) -- Grant Donath 1-4 0-1 2, Zac Thompson 3-6 0-0 9, Alex Peacock 12-16 1-1 25, Duane Farrington 4-5 2-2 12, Tyler Seibring 7-11 7-7 23, Davi
- Ironmen squash Vikings' dreams NORMAL -- The worst fears for Danville boys basketball coach Ted Houpt came true on Friday night. The Vikings, trying to win their first regional title since 2001, ran into a wall -- the Normal Community Ironmen wall of defense. Junior forwards Alex
- Vikings try to reverse history NORMAL -- Philosopher George Santayana had a famous quote, "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'' And while that is true for the most part, there are numerous examples during this time of the year, "March Madness" where the
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Licenses are now available Outdoor enthusiasts are reminded that Illinois' new license year begins April 1. Illinois fishing, hunting and sportsman combination licenses for 2014 are available from DNR Direct license and permit vendors, online through the IDNR web site www.dnr
- Local Calendar TODAY Prep Boys Basketball IHSAA Class 2A Fountain Central Sectional 38: Seeger vs. Fountain Central, 5 p.m. IHSAA Class A North Vermillion Sectional 53: Rockville vs. North Vermillion, 5 p.m. IHSAA Class 2A Fountain Central Sectional 38: Clinton Cen
- No Headline Provided MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL Big Ten Glance Conf. Overall W L W L Michigan 14 3 22 7 Wisconsin 12 5 25 5 Michigan State 12 5 23 7 Nebraska 10 7 18 11 Iowa 9 8 20 10 Ohio State 9 8 22 8 Minnesota 7 10 18 12 Indiana 7 10 17 13 Illinois 6 11 17 13 Penn
- More Sports Headlines