Position: right-handed pitcher
Weight: 180 pounds
Hometown: Las Vegas
Family: father, Tom Dunn; mother, Franceen Dunn; brother, Austen Dunn; brother, Jackson Dunn; and brother, Taylor Dunn.
Host family: Butch and Julie Buesing
Major: sports medicine
2013 statistics: was 0-0 with a 4.91 ERA, recording six strikeouts in 3Ð innings
Best baseball moment: pitching and getting the victory in the state championship game in Nevada.
Best non-baseball moments: signing to play baseball at Pepperdine.
Other interests: college basketball, golf, fishing and spending time with friends and family.
Favorite pro team: San Diego Padres
Favorite athlete: Mariano Rivera
Favorite color: green
Favorite food: steak
Favorite actor: Jason Statham
Favorite actress: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite movie: Step Brothers
Favorite TV show: SportsCenter
Favorite cartoon: SpongeBob Square Pants
Favorite book: Life of Pi
Favorite musicial group: Led Zeppelin
Mode of transportation: Audi A4
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: Fuji
Motto: “Did we just become best friends? Yep.”
Terre Haute vs. Danville
When — 6:30 p.m.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults and $3 for school-age children.
Promotion — Danville Dans Kids’ Club night, sponsored by Pediatric Providers of Danville. Members of the kids’ club get free admission, they get to participate in the pre-game “High Five” tunnel and one member will be a guest public address announcer.
Special event — Participants of the WDAN Sports Media Camp will being doing the broadcast on www.vermilioncountyfirst.com as well as assisting in the public address responsibilities.
Probable starting pitchers — Terre Haute: LHP Kyle Zimmerman (3-0, 1.01 ERA); Danville: RHP Matt Brandys (1-1, 3.68 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
Position: right-handed pitcher
- Early season challenge COVINGTON, Ind. -- Just two weeks into the boys basketball season and the Wabash River Conference already has a pivotal matchup this Friday night. The Fountain Central Mustangs (1-0) will travel to Covington to face the 1-0 Trojans in not only a big
- Nelson Jr. rolls a perfect game in McHarry's League Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and you are not wobbling too much on the approach. Let's get right to this week's league reports. Saturday Night's McHarry's League had some great scores this past week. Many with 50 or more pins over their a
- March earns all-conference honors at Akron AKRON, Ohio -- Former Danville High standout Justin March was one of seven Akron Zips named to the 2013 All-Mid-American Conference team on Wednesday. March, the 2009 Commercial-News Football Player of the Year, was second on his team in tackles with
- No Headline Provided local PREP BOYS BASKETBALL Illinois Prep Boys Basketball Wednesday's scores Brooks Academy 57, Dunbar 51 Carterville 63, Riverview Gardens, Mo. 34 Chicago (Austin) 54, Lake View 45 Chicago (Noble Street Charter/Johnson) 65, Chicago (Noble Street Char
- Patriots take over late in fourth quarter, defeating Falcons 48-40 Patriots take over late in fourth quarter, defeating Falcons 48-40 BY GREG FLINT email@example.com
- Westville boys basketball wins in opener WESTVILLE — The Westville boys basketball team started the season Tuesday with a 65-51 win over Notre Dame De La Sallette. Jeffery Thompson had 22 points for the Tigers while Kyle Brazas had 13 points, Jordan Romo had 11 and Austin Millholland added
- Jaguars continue to fight DACC rallies, but falls to Lincoln Trail Jaguars continue to fight BY AARON PATTERSON firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bench propels DACC women past Lincoln Trail DANVILLE — Kelsey Ratliff, Shelby Haggard, and Caelan Jones came off the bench to help the Danville Area Community College Lady Jaguars get a 75-65 victory over the Lincoln Trail Lady Statesmen at the Mary Miller Gymnasium. DACC's bench outscored Lin
- LOCAL ROUNDUP: Beckman will be back at Illinois CHAMPAIGN -- Illinois coach Tim Beckman will be back in 2014 after a second consecutive losing season. Athletics director Mike Thomas confirmed the decision Monday through a spokesman. The Illini finished 4-8 (1-7 Big Ten) in Beckman's second season
- Big Ten Basketball Standings Colleges MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL Big Ten Glance Conf. Overall W L W L Wisconsin 0 0 8 0 Illinois 0 0 7 0 Michigan State 0 0 7 0 Ohio State 0 0 6 0 Iowa 0 0 7 1 Indiana 0 0 6 1 Penn State 0 0 6 2 Purdue 0 0 6 2 Minnesota 0 0 6 2 Michigan 0 0 5 2 N
- More Sports Headlines