Urbana 4, Westville 3
Westville 000 020 10 — 3 5 2
Urbana 002 010 01 — 4 2 3
WP — Kyle Ross. LP — Tanner Cox (0-1). Two or more hits — W: Jordan Romo.
Rantoul 6, Westville 5
Westville 000 013 1 — 5 11 3
Rantoul 120 001 2 — 6 8 1
WP — Deaville. LP — Jordan Romo (0-2). Two or more hits — W: Tyler Dicken, Tristan Flynn. 2B — W: Flynn. RBIs — W: Flynn 2,Kyle Brazas, Tanner Cox, Austin Millholland.
Records — Westville 2-3 overall.
Danville Area Community College 15, Spoon River Community College 5
Spoon River 001 040 — 5 10 4
DACC 150 036 — 15 15 0
WP — Ryan Zweck (2-0). LP — Mayall. Two or more hits — SR: Beiringer 3 D: Pete Strommen 3, Tyler McKenzie, Cooper, Caleb Etchinson, Mike Walker. 2B — SR: Bryant, Moore D: Patrick Cottrell, McKenzie, Evan Block. RBIs — SR: Bryant 2, Cunningham, Ruettiger D: Strommen 3, Mark Keller 2, McKenzie 2, Block 2, Cottrell, Cooper, Walker.
Danville Area Community College 8, Spoon River Community College 2
Spoon River 000 000 2 — 2 7 3
DACC 200 150 x — 8 6 2
WP — A.J. Childerson (2-0). LP — Taylor. Two or more hits — SR: Illiopoulos, Palacios D: Pete Strommen. 2B — SR: Illiopoulos D: Mike Walker. RBIs — SR: Moore, Etter D: Walker 2, Evan Block, Strommen, Cooper.
Records — DACC 12-1 overall 4-0 in Mid-West Athletic Conference.
- Trojans cruise to victory COVINGTON, Ind. - The Covington softball team had a big first inning as they scored five runs on their way to defeating Attica 11-1. Attica threatened to score in the first, getting Karrah Pattengale to second, but they were unable to drive her home.
- Lunger steps up for Buffaloes GEORGETOWN -- In only the second start of his career, Georgetown-Ridge Farm/Chrisman pitcher Tyler Lunger pitched a five-hit complete game as the Buffaloes defeated Milford 8-2 on Thursday in Vermilion Valley Conference action. "I feel I threw well
- Maroons blitz young Vikings DANVILLE -- In the process of gaining experience, the Danville boys tennis team has taken a few lumps in the first few weeks of season. On Thursday afternoon, the Champaign Central Maroons delivered a few lessons to the younger Vikings with a 9-0 vic
- Peelman pitches no-hitter as Vikings beat Maroons CHAMPAIGN -- Alissa Peelman pitched a no-hitter as the Danville High School softball team beat Champaign Central 11-0 in five innings on Thursday in Big 12 Conference action. Peelman was also 3-of-4 with three RBIs for the Vikings while Mackenzie Kin
- Thursday's Local Scores PREP BASEBALL At Georgetown Georgetown-Ridge Farm/Chrisman 8, Milford 2 Milford 101 000 0 -- 2 5 10 GRFC 200 141 x -- 8 8 3 WP -- Tyler Lunger. LP -- Clayton Rieches. Two or more hits -- GRFC: Dylan Bina, Ethan Silva. 2B
- Better late than never for Bott BISMARCK -- Marshall golf coach Matt Grobe completely surprised Bismarck-Henning standout Andy Bott with an e-mail earlier this year. Bott, who is a three-time all-stater for the Blue Devils, was preparing to attend Illinois Wesleyan in the fall. "Ou
- Nourie, Tigers beat Comets 20-4 in five inning game MUNCIE -- On a very windy day which made playing softball tough for both teams, Westville defeated Oakwood in five innings 20-4 with some good offensive production and a solid pitching performance from Stefanie Nourie. Nourie got her first win of the
- Falcons make quick work of Pats WEST LEBANON, Ind. - North Vermillion sent 11 batters to the plate in the top of the first inning and scored seven runs en route to a 13-1 win over the homestanding Seeger Patriots. The visiting Falcons got five hits including doubles by Jordan West
- Salt Fork's Learnard pitches perfect game JAMAICA -- Salt Fork's Ross Learnard finally got back on the mound on Wednesday for the first time in a week and he did not disappoint, pitching a perfect game as the Salt Fork baseball team beat Schlarman Academy in five innings. "He had his breakin
- Patriots smash Falcons CAYUGA, Ind. - Seeger took an early lead, extended it and then kept North Vermillion at bay as the Patriots defeated the host Falcons 14-3 in five innings. The visitors scored one run in the top of the first inning and, after North Vermillion went do
- More Sports Headlines