Position: right-handed pitcher/infielder
College: University of North Florida
Weight: 210 pounds
Hometown: Tampa, Fla.
Family: father, James Olmstead Jr.; mother, Wendy Olmstead.
Host family: Lynn and Pat Wolgamot
Major: electrical engineering
2013 statistics: batted .307 with 0 home runs, 19 RBIs and he scored 20 runs. He was also 4-1 with six saves and a 2.81 ERA to go along with 44 strikeouts in 41Ð innings.
Best baseball moment: getting his first career save against the University of Florida in Gainesville, Fla.
Best non-baseball moments: being the valedictorian of my senior class.
Other interests: sports and video games.
Favorite pro team: Tampa Bay Rays
Favorite athlete: Evan Longoria
Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: steak
Favorite actor: Robert Downey Jr.
Favorite actress: Mila Kunis
Favorite movie: Warrior
Favorite TV show: Family Guy
Favorite musician: Andy Mineo
Mode of transportation: Toyota Corolla
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: Hawaii
Motto: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.’’
Hannibal vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. (doubleheader)
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults and $3 for school-age children.
Promotion — Danville Dans Kids’ Club night, sponsored by Pediatric Providers of Danville. Members of the kids’ club get free admission, they get to participate in the pre-game “High Five” tunnel and one member will be a guest public address announcer.
Probable starting pitchers — Hannibal: LHP Kyle Kuck (1-1, 2.53 ERA) and RHP Jonathon Wandling (1-1, 0.39 ERA); Danville: RHP Zach Gordon (0-1, 7.36 ERA) and RHP Cody Carroll (1-0, 1.80 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Stars advance to boys final DANVILLE — The 42nd Annual Dustbowl action continued Thursday at David S. Palmer Arena with the High School Boys basketball division in full swing as four games were played and all eight teams participated. In game one of the winner’s bracket of sem
- Baseball community to honor Atwood DANVILLE — Whether it was working on the field or running a tournament, there wasn’t anything that Frank Atwood wouldn’t do for the game of baseball.His love for the game created numerous opportunities for the youth of the Danville area as Atwood ser
- Dans get a split of doubleheader with Cavemen HANNIBAL, Mo. — The Danville Dans won the first game of a doubleheader with the Hannibal Cavemen 3-1 on Thursday before losing the second game 5-3 to get a split.In the first game, Corbin Olmstead pitched seven innings with eight strikeouts to get th
- Danville Post 210 Speakers fall to Rantoul CHARLESTON — Playing five games in five days finally took its toll on the Danville Post 210 Speakers.Rantoul’s Tanner McLain delivered a game-winning, two-out single to left to give his team a 6-5 victory over Danville in an elimination game of the F
- Juniors continue to play at Danville Tennis Open DANVILLE — The juniors were still on the court in the Greater Danville Tennis Open on Wednesday as three division titles were given out.Rachael Lewis won the girls 18 and under singles title with a 6-0, 6-0 win over Lauren Ellis, while the team of Er
- Thurston gets first win DANVILLE — Getting those Ws is the goal of every pitcher.Danville’s Chase Thurston has been seeking his first collegiate victory all year. The former Danville High standout finally got it on Tuesday night when the Danville Dans defeated the Springfie
- Shooting Stars sprint past MB Squad DANVILLE —Tuesday’s action from the Dustbowl at the David S. Palmer Arena featured two games in the Girls High School Division with two local teams — MB Squad and Shooting Stars — squaring off in round-robin play to advance to Sunday’s championship.
- Pitching boosts Speakers CHARLESTON — The Danville Post 210 Speakers’ pitching is coming along at the right time.With strong performances from Austin Millholland and Dalton Strawser, the Speakers defeated Piatt County 5-1 to move on in the Fourth Division Tournament.“The sto
- Speakers stay alive TILTON — Danville Post 210 baseball got their revenge Sunday afternoon and did it in style. After losing to Shelby County in the Fourth Division Tournament opener on Saturday, Danville had to win two games on Sunday if they wanted to advance and keep
- Youth gets served at VCS Fan Appreciation Night OAKWOOD — The Vermilion County Speedway Fan Appreciation Night was more a spotlight for the youth on and off the track.While kids in the stands had bike races and decided the order for racers in certain feature races, there was a bunch of kids going
- More Sports Headlines