College: Grand Valley State
Weight: 185 pounds
Hometown: Louisville, Ky.
Family: mother, Cheryl Banks; father: Jeff Banks; and sister, Allyson Banks.
Host family: Mark and Thea Dodd
Major: criminal justice
2013 statistics: batted .225 with 4 home runs and 25 RBIs. Banks also had nine doubles and he scored 22 runs to go along with a .984 fielding percentage.
Best baseball moment: reaching the NCAA Division II World Series in Cary, N.C.
Best non-baseball moment: going Big Red fishing with my dad.
Other interests: fishing, hunting and lifting weights.
Favorite pro team: Cincinnati Reds
Favorite athlete: Yadier Molina
Favorite color: green
Favorite food: anything from breakfast.
Favorite actor: Will Ferrell
Favorite actress: Megan Fox
Favorite movie: Remember the Titans
Favorite TV show: Criminal Minds
Favorite Cartoon: SpongeBob
Favorite musician: Brantley Gilbert
Mode of transportation: Chevrolet Silverado
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: Panama City, Fla.
Motto: “Go hard or go home.’’
Hannibal vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. (completion of suspended game from June 1 and regular 9-inning contest)
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults, $3 for school-age children
Promotion — It’s a triple-play Wednesday at Danville Stadium. For $9, an individual gets admission to the game, a hot dog and a drink.
Events — Golden Wedding Anniversary Night sponsored by the City of Danville Recreation Department.
Probable starting pitchers — Hannibal: LHP Travis McDonald (3-1, 0.30 ERA); Danville: RHP Corbin Olmstead (1-1, 2.02 ERA)
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Realizing potential GEORGETOWN — Ask almost anyone in Vermilion County about the Georgetown-Ridge Farm football team and the typical response you will get will talk about their talent.And this season is no different.The Buffaloes return 10 starters from last year’s play
- Vikings compete in Classic BLOOMINGTON — The Danville boys golf team ended up 22nd as a team at the Raider Classic at the Den Golf Course on WednesdayReed Krynski led the Vikings with a score of 91 on the par 72 course, with Christian Montgomery scoring a 97, Tristan Wolfe an
- Going the extra mile BISMARCK — Bismarck-Henning coach Mark Dodd has really enjoyed the last few years.Not just because of the two straight Vermilion Valley Conference titles and a almost three-year unbeaten run in regular season action, but because of working with playe
- LOCAL ROUNDUP: Trojans defeat Chargers in volleyball opener CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. — It took all five sets but the Covington Lady Trojans opened the year with a hard-fought 24-26, 25-22, 25-21, 19-25, 16-14 victory over the North Montgomery Chargers in prep volleyball action on Tuesday night.Brooke Ahrens led t
- Patriots make changes WEST LEBANON, Ind. – Success for the Seeger Patriot football team this season will depend on two things.They will rely on technique and teamwork to reach their goals.“We’ve got a little bit of size, a little bit of speed and a few guys with a lot of
- B-H's Warren claims Urbana Kick-Off Classic URBANA — Bismarck-Henning’s David Warren kicked off his senior season in style, winning the Urbana Kick-Off Classic at the Urbana Country Club.Warren shot a 4-over 76 to earn a one-stroke victory over Champaign Centennial’s Isaac Overman (77), while
- Trying to fill big holes CAYUGA, Ind. — Brayden Woodard and his senior teammates on the 2013 North Vermillion football team left their mark on the Wabash River Conference.The Falcons won back-to-back undefeated league titles and they enter this season with a 15-game winning
- New names, same goals VEEDERSBURG, Ind. — While the names might change, the goals and expectations for the Fountain Central football team remain the same.The Mustangs, who went 11-2 last year with a sectional championship, are looking to replace 60 percent of their offens
- Trojans' experience could be key COVINGTON, Ind. – The Covington football team enters this season on a positive note. The Trojans lost only five seniors to graduation, so team hopes to build on its many returning players.“We’re a year old and stronger,” said Covington head coach Tra
- Voles set to host Jamboree DANVILLE — For the eighth year, the Vermilion Voles Vintage Base Ball club will invite other clubs in the Midwest to Kennekuk County Park on Saturday for the “Uncle Joe” Cannon Base Ball Jamboree.The event will feature four teams with the Voles, the
- More Sports Headlines