College: St. Olaf College
Weight: 180 pounds
Hometown: Northfield, Minn.
Family: mother, Lynda Maus; father, Peter Maus; sister, Celeste Maus; brother, Josh Maus; brother, Ryan Maus; and brother, Tim Maus
Host family: John and Terry Carnahan
Major: exercise science
2013 statistics: batted .306 with 0 home runs, 14 RBIs, scoring 24 runs and stealing seven bases.
Best baseball moment: hitting two home runs in a game during my senior season
Best non-baseball moment: taking second in state football during my junior year.
Other interests: basketball, football, hunting and learning about the human body.
Favorite pro team: San Francisco Giants
Favorite athlete: Buster Posey
Favorite color: orange
Favorite food: crab
Favorite actor: Denzel Washington
Favorite actress: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite movie: Field of Dreams
Favorite TV show: Seinfeld
Favorite Cartoon: Batman
Favorite Book: Green Eggs and Ham
Favorite musician: Taylor Swift
Mode of transportation: Ford Ranger
First job: supervisor at the St. Olaf activity center.
Vacation spot: San Francisco
Motto: “Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up.’’ — Jim Valvano.
Quincy vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. (doubleheader)
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults, $3 for school-age children
Promotion — It’s a triple-play Wednesday at Danville Stadium. For $9, an individual gets admission to the game, a hot dog and a drink.
Probable starting pitchers — Quincy: Game 1, LHP Austin Klein (2-1, 1.68 ERA); Game 2, TBD; Danville: Game 1, RHP Zach Gordon (0-1, 6.18 ERA); Game 2, LHP Jon Rashid (1-1, 1.58 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Woodrow, Mustangs take sectional title VEEDERSBURG, Ind. -- During the pregame warm-ups of Saturday's Class 2A Sectional 38 championship, the host Fountain Central pep band played The White Stripes' 2003 hit, "Seven Nation Army." In the song's opening line, singer Jack White exclaims: "I
- Danville's Leverenz beats out the rest in Charger invite CHAMPAIGN -- In an battle of two of the best long-distance runners in the area, Danville's Johnny Leverenz was the one that beat out the rest in the Class A 1,600 meter run in Saturday's Charger Invitational. Leverenz ran a time of 4 minutes, 16.57 s
- Saturday's Local Sports Scores
- Ice is set to go away from ponds and lakes On a trip down to Marshall this past Thursday I was noticing some smaller ponds just beginning to lose their ice along the edges. With the warm weather predicted for today and early this week, I expect the ice to begin to slowly disappear from our a
- Parkland powers past DACC in Region 24 tourney MATTOON -- Size and depth are two very important elements to a good basketball team. The Parkland College women's basketball team had the advantage in both of those areas in Saturday's NJCAA Division II Region 24 Tournament semifinal contest against
- Mustangs advance to sectional final VEEDERSBURG, Ind. - Fountain Central had a strong start, got a big lead and fought off a tenacious Seeger boys' basketball team to advance to the championship game of 2A Sectional 38 with a 67-45 win. The Mustangs jumped out to a quick 9-2 lead then
- Falcons fall to Rox CAYUGA, Ind. -- In a physical IHSAA 1A Boys Basketball Sectional semifinal, the North Vermillion boys basketball team lost to Wabash River Conference rival Rockville 61-53 on Friday at North Vermillion High School. Rockville came out with an aggressi
- Jaguars lose in playoffs LINCOLN -- The Danville Area Community College men's basketball team's season ended on Friday with a 80-77 loss to Lincoln College in the Region 24 playoffs. DACC coach DaJuan Gouard said the game represented the theme of the season. "We were up by e
- Illini hope for strong ending IOWA CITY -- The Illinois men's basketball team got themselves back into postseason consideration with three straight wins thanks to a suffocating defense. But the Michigan Wolverines, the outright champions of the Big Ten Conference, sliced through
- Friday's Local Scores At Normal Community IHSA Class 4A Regional Championship Normal Community 71, Danville 42 Normal Community (71) -- Grant Donath 1-4 0-1 2, Zac Thompson 3-6 0-0 9, Alex Peacock 12-16 1-1 25, Duane Farrington 4-5 2-2 12, Tyler Seibring 7-11 7-7 23, Davi
- More Sports Headlines