College: St. Olaf College
Weight: 180 pounds
Hometown: Northfield, Minn.
Family: mother, Lynda Maus; father, Peter Maus; sister, Celeste Maus; brother, Josh Maus; brother, Ryan Maus; and brother, Tim Maus
Host family: John and Terry Carnahan
Major: exercise science
2013 statistics: batted .306 with 0 home runs, 14 RBIs, scoring 24 runs and stealing seven bases.
Best baseball moment: hitting two home runs in a game during my senior season
Best non-baseball moment: taking second in state football during my junior year.
Other interests: basketball, football, hunting and learning about the human body.
Favorite pro team: San Francisco Giants
Favorite athlete: Buster Posey
Favorite color: orange
Favorite food: crab
Favorite actor: Denzel Washington
Favorite actress: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite movie: Field of Dreams
Favorite TV show: Seinfeld
Favorite Cartoon: Batman
Favorite Book: Green Eggs and Ham
Favorite musician: Taylor Swift
Mode of transportation: Ford Ranger
First job: supervisor at the St. Olaf activity center.
Vacation spot: San Francisco
Motto: “Don’t give up. Don’t ever give up.’’ — Jim Valvano.
Quincy vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. (doubleheader)
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults, $3 for school-age children
Promotion — It’s a triple-play Wednesday at Danville Stadium. For $9, an individual gets admission to the game, a hot dog and a drink.
Probable starting pitchers — Quincy: Game 1, LHP Austin Klein (2-1, 1.68 ERA); Game 2, TBD; Danville: Game 1, RHP Zach Gordon (0-1, 6.18 ERA); Game 2, LHP Jon Rashid (1-1, 1.58 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Vikings starting to make a turn this year DANVILLE -- The Danville boys basketball team had been struggling to start the 2013-2014 season. Coming into Tuesday's game against Urbana, the Vikings were 1-2 in the Big 12 Conference and 2-5 overall. On Friday, they lost 64-49 and things needed t
- Young Illini move past Big Green CHAMPAIGN -- The kids are coming of age. The Illinois Fighting Illini improved to 9-1 on the season with a 72-65 victory over the Big Green of Dartmouth College on Tuesday evening at the State Farm Center in Champaign. Junior Rayvonte Rice led the Il
- Danville wrestlers take down Bismark-Henning Blue Devils BISMARCK -- The Danville wrestling team made the most of its matches with Bismarck-Henning on Tuesday, winning five of the seven actual matches enroute to a 49-21 victory. Gabriel Cross (132 pounds), Aaron Weaver (138), Profirio Perez (145), Travon W
- Tuesday's Local Scores PREP BOYS BASKETBALL At Danville Danville 73, Urbana 66 Urbana (66) — Marcus Catching 14-21 0-2 29, Conner Gremer 5-11 1-2 12, Shimaaz Ivy 3-7 0-0 8, Malik Harris 2-2 1-2 6, Moaso Bumba 2-3 0-0 4, Greg Boyd 0-7 3-3 3. Totals: 28-56 5-9 66. Danville (
- Monday's Local Scores PREP BOYS BASKETBALL At Danville First Baptist 64, Decatur Christian 43 Decatur Christian (43) -- Herring 1 2-2 5, Rennert 0 0-0 0, Wilson 1 0-0 2, Rapp 2 0-0 4, Bayless 4 0-2 8, Austin 0 0-0 0, Grider 1 0-0 2, Jefson 10 0-1 20, Aten 1 0-0 2. Totals:
- Tigers do just enough to defeat Comets FITHIAN -- Adrianne Pate had 13 points as the Westville girls basketball team defeated Oakwood 43-35 in Vermilion Valley Conference action on Monday. Mikayla Rolinitis had 13 points for the Tigers while Ji'Cee Lacey had eight points. Delaney Durst ha
- Sharing the wealth DANVILLE -- Making the extra pass and sharing the basketball was a priority this week during practice for Danville Area Community College men's basketball. "We have a bunch of talented offensive guys,'' DACC first-year coach DaJuan Gouard said. "It's
- Danville boys swimmers win opening home triangular DANVILLE -- The Danville boys swim team started the season on Saturday by besting Urbana and St. Thomas More in a triangular meet at Danville High School. Tristan Wolfe and Lucas Miller each won two events for the Vikings. Wolfe won the 50-yard frees
- Saturday's Local scores PREP BOYS BASKETBALL At Jamaica Cissna Park 44, Salt Fork 41 Cissna Park (44) -- Josh Marquez 4 3-5 14, Jacob Marquez 3 3-4 9, Devon Laubscher 0 0-0 0, Tyson Rogers 2 0-0 4, Huls 0 0-0 0, Beetz 0 0-0 0, Savoie 2 0-0 5, Jennings 2 0-0 4, Birr 1 0-0 2,
- Total team effort reigns supreme Balanced Ironmen attack takes down Vikings, Smith Total team effort reigns supreme BY CHAD DARE email@example.com
- More Sports Headlines