College: University of San Francisco
Weight: 175 pounds
Hometown: Concord, Calif.
Family: father: Dave Miller; mother: Kathy Miller; and brother Michael Miller.
Host family: John and Lisa Behrens
2013 statistics: batted .235 with 1 home runs and 18 RBIs. Miller also had seven doubles, two triples and he scored 16 runs.
Best baseball moment: getting a walk-off win over the University of San Diego in the West Coast Conference Tournament
Best non-baseball moment: seeing my brother, Michael, get drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 2012 Major League Draft.
Other interests: music, science, basketball and hockey
Favorite pro team: Seattle Mariners
Favorite athlete: Ozzie Smith
Favorite color: green
Favorite food: bar-b-que chicken
Favorite actor: Denzel Washington
Favorite actress: Natalie Portman
Favorite movie: I Love You, Man
Favorite cartoon: Phineas and Ferb
Favorite TV show: Psych
Favorite musical group: A Tribe Called Quest.
Favorite book: Fahrenheit 451
Mode of transportation: Public Transportation — train and bus
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: Jamaica
Motto: “Make excuses or make a way.’’
Springfield vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. doubleheader. Both games will be 7-inning contests.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults, $3 for school-age children
Promotion — Danville Dans Kids’ Club night, sponsored by Pediatric Providers of Danville. Members of the kids’ club get free admission, they get to participate in the pre-game “High Five” tunnel and one member will be a guest public address announcer.
Special event — The Colts in Motion trailer will be at Danville Stadium with a pair of Indianapolis Colts cheerleaders available for photos and autographs from 5-7 p.m.
Probable starting pitchers — Springfield: Game 1: RHP TR Dunne (2-5, 2.26 ERA); Game 2: RHP Chance Simpson (0-3, 2.76 ERA); Danville: Game 1: RHP Mitch Holtz (5-0, 3.68 ERA); Game 2: LHP Spencer Herrmann (1-1, 1.85 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Vikes put on pressure DANVILLE -- Reigning Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year Michaela Jones set the tone with her ferocious defensive play for the young Danville Lady Vikings in their 41-26 win over the Urbana Lady Tigers on Thursday. The Lady Vikings defens
- Mustangs turn the tables on the Falcons CAYUGA, Ind. -- Turnovers may have been the difference when Fountain Central defeated host North Vermillion in girls' basketball by the score of 42-37. Mustang head coach Amie Anthrop said her team had been averaging over 30 a game, "but we had only
- Schlarman 7th-graders repeat NORMAL -- The Schlarman Academy seventh-grade girls basketball team have once again reached the top of the IESA. The Hilltoppers won their second straight IESA Class 7A title on Thursday with a 44-40 win over Bartonville Monroe at Normal Chiddix Juni
- Vikings starting to make a turn this year DANVILLE -- The Danville boys basketball team had been struggling to start the 2013-2014 season. Coming into Tuesday's game against Urbana, the Vikings were 1-2 in the Big 12 Conference and 2-5 overall. On Friday, they lost 64-49 and things needed t
- Young Illini move past Big Green CHAMPAIGN -- The kids are coming of age. The Illinois Fighting Illini improved to 9-1 on the season with a 72-65 victory over the Big Green of Dartmouth College on Tuesday evening at the State Farm Center in Champaign. Junior Rayvonte Rice led the Il
Danville wrestlers take down Bismarck-Henning Blue Devils
BISMARCK -- The Danville wrestling team made the most of its matches with Bismarck-Henning on Tuesday, winning five of the seven actual matches enroute to a 49-21 victory. Gabriel Cross (132 pounds), Aaron Weaver (138), Profirio Perez (145), Travon W
- Tuesday's Local Scores PREP BOYS BASKETBALL At Danville Danville 73, Urbana 66 Urbana (66) — Marcus Catching 14-21 0-2 29, Conner Gremer 5-11 1-2 12, Shimaaz Ivy 3-7 0-0 8, Malik Harris 2-2 1-2 6, Moaso Bumba 2-3 0-0 4, Greg Boyd 0-7 3-3 3. Totals: 28-56 5-9 66. Danville (
- Monday's Local Scores PREP BOYS BASKETBALL At Danville First Baptist 64, Decatur Christian 43 Decatur Christian (43) -- Herring 1 2-2 5, Rennert 0 0-0 0, Wilson 1 0-0 2, Rapp 2 0-0 4, Bayless 4 0-2 8, Austin 0 0-0 0, Grider 1 0-0 2, Jefson 10 0-1 20, Aten 1 0-0 2. Totals:
- Tigers do just enough to defeat Comets FITHIAN -- Adrianne Pate had 13 points as the Westville girls basketball team defeated Oakwood 43-35 in Vermilion Valley Conference action on Monday. Mikayla Rolinitis had 13 points for the Tigers while Ji'Cee Lacey had eight points. Delaney Durst ha
- Sharing the wealth DANVILLE -- Making the extra pass and sharing the basketball was a priority this week during practice for Danville Area Community College men's basketball. "We have a bunch of talented offensive guys,'' DACC first-year coach DaJuan Gouard said. "It's
- More Sports Headlines