College: University of San Francisco
Weight: 175 pounds
Hometown: Concord, Calif.
Family: father: Dave Miller; mother: Kathy Miller; and brother Michael Miller.
Host family: John and Lisa Behrens
2013 statistics: batted .235 with 1 home runs and 18 RBIs. Miller also had seven doubles, two triples and he scored 16 runs.
Best baseball moment: getting a walk-off win over the University of San Diego in the West Coast Conference Tournament
Best non-baseball moment: seeing my brother, Michael, get drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 2012 Major League Draft.
Other interests: music, science, basketball and hockey
Favorite pro team: Seattle Mariners
Favorite athlete: Ozzie Smith
Favorite color: green
Favorite food: bar-b-que chicken
Favorite actor: Denzel Washington
Favorite actress: Natalie Portman
Favorite movie: I Love You, Man
Favorite cartoon: Phineas and Ferb
Favorite TV show: Psych
Favorite musical group: A Tribe Called Quest.
Favorite book: Fahrenheit 451
Mode of transportation: Public Transportation — train and bus
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: Jamaica
Motto: “Make excuses or make a way.’’
Springfield vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. doubleheader. Both games will be 7-inning contests.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults, $3 for school-age children
Promotion — Danville Dans Kids’ Club night, sponsored by Pediatric Providers of Danville. Members of the kids’ club get free admission, they get to participate in the pre-game “High Five” tunnel and one member will be a guest public address announcer.
Special event — The Colts in Motion trailer will be at Danville Stadium with a pair of Indianapolis Colts cheerleaders available for photos and autographs from 5-7 p.m.
Probable starting pitchers — Springfield: Game 1: RHP TR Dunne (2-5, 2.26 ERA); Game 2: RHP Chance Simpson (0-3, 2.76 ERA); Danville: Game 1: RHP Mitch Holtz (5-0, 3.68 ERA); Game 2: LHP Spencer Herrmann (1-1, 1.85 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Record-setting day for Hall DANVILLE -- Athletes, coaches and fans were all giving advice to Danville sophomore Imani Hall in the high jump. While she appreciated the encouragement, Hall just focused on what she had been doing in practice for the past few weeks and it worked. H
- Vikings no match for Tigers, loss 11-3 DANVILLE -- Urbana came a calling on Danville at Danville Stadium for a Big 12 Conference game with its ace Conner Gremar (Parkland College recruit) on the mound. The Tigers also brought their hitting sticks with them to defeat Danville 11-3. Danvill
- Patriots take over in sixth, beat Mustangs WEST LEBANON, Ind. - Seeger hosted Fountain Central in softball and the lead went back and forth through much of the game. All that changed in the sixth inning when the Patriots sent 11 batters to the plate and scored a half-dozen runs on seven hits
- Vikings softball easily cruises past Chargers DANVILLE -- Alissa Peelman overcame a tough start and hit a home run as the Danville softball team beat Champaign Centennial 12-2 in Big 12 conference action on Tuesday. Peelman gave up both of the Chargers' runs in the first inning but only gave up
- Storm cruise past Cornjerkers CATLIN -- On a windy and drizzly afternoon in Catlin, two teams with a combined 16 wins and one loss met up in what seemed to be on paper a heavy weight fight in Vermilion Valley Conference play. The Salt Fork Storm came out of the gates strong and b
- LOCAL ROUNDUP: Cox tosses no-hitter for Westville DANVILLE -- Westville right-hander Tanner Cox was in total control on Monday against the Schlarman Academy Hilltoppers at Danville Stadium. Cox tossed a five-inning perfect game, striking out 11 of the 15 batters he faced as the Tigers defeated the H
- Local Sports Schedule TUESDAY Prep Baseball Fountain Central at Seeger, 3:30 p.m. Turkey Run at Covington, 4 p.m. Heritage at Schlarman Academy, 4:30 p.m. Hoopeston Area at Milford, 4:30 p.m. Urbana at Danville, 4:30 p.m. Prep Softball Fountain Central at Seeger, 3:30 p.m
- No Headline Provided PREP BASEBALL At Bismarck Oakwood 12, Bismarck-Henning 1 Oakwood 213 121 2 -- 12 16 0 Bismarck-Henning 000 100 0 -- 1 4 4 WP -- Taylor Turner. LP -- Strawser. 2B -- Turner, Slade. RBIs -- Landon Turner 2, Slade 2, Anderson 2, Girton, Vinson, Abbott.
- Vikings continue to learn Vikings continue to learn BY AARON PATTERSON email@example.com
- The Mustangs, Falcons split twinbill VEEDERSBURG, Ind. - Too many mistakes cost the Fountain Central softball team any chance of defeating North Vermillion in the first game of their double header. At least that is how Mustang head coach Allison Alexander saw the game. "We had nine erro
- More Sports Headlines