College: University of San Francisco
Weight: 175 pounds
Hometown: Concord, Calif.
Family: father: Dave Miller; mother: Kathy Miller; and brother Michael Miller.
Host family: John and Lisa Behrens
2013 statistics: batted .235 with 1 home runs and 18 RBIs. Miller also had seven doubles, two triples and he scored 16 runs.
Best baseball moment: getting a walk-off win over the University of San Diego in the West Coast Conference Tournament
Best non-baseball moment: seeing my brother, Michael, get drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 2012 Major League Draft.
Other interests: music, science, basketball and hockey
Favorite pro team: Seattle Mariners
Favorite athlete: Ozzie Smith
Favorite color: green
Favorite food: bar-b-que chicken
Favorite actor: Denzel Washington
Favorite actress: Natalie Portman
Favorite movie: I Love You, Man
Favorite cartoon: Phineas and Ferb
Favorite TV show: Psych
Favorite musical group: A Tribe Called Quest.
Favorite book: Fahrenheit 451
Mode of transportation: Public Transportation — train and bus
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: Jamaica
Motto: “Make excuses or make a way.’’
Springfield vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. doubleheader. Both games will be 7-inning contests.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults, $3 for school-age children
Promotion — Danville Dans Kids’ Club night, sponsored by Pediatric Providers of Danville. Members of the kids’ club get free admission, they get to participate in the pre-game “High Five” tunnel and one member will be a guest public address announcer.
Special event — The Colts in Motion trailer will be at Danville Stadium with a pair of Indianapolis Colts cheerleaders available for photos and autographs from 5-7 p.m.
Probable starting pitchers — Springfield: Game 1: RHP TR Dunne (2-5, 2.26 ERA); Game 2: RHP Chance Simpson (0-3, 2.76 ERA); Danville: Game 1: RHP Mitch Holtz (5-0, 3.68 ERA); Game 2: LHP Spencer Herrmann (1-1, 1.85 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Woodrow, Mustangs take sectional title VEEDERSBURG, Ind. -- During the pregame warm-ups of Saturday's Class 2A Sectional 38 championship, the host Fountain Central pep band played The White Stripes' 2003 hit, "Seven Nation Army." In the song's opening line, singer Jack White exclaims: "I
- Danville's Leverenz beats out the rest in Charger invite CHAMPAIGN -- In an battle of two of the best long-distance runners in the area, Danville's Johnny Leverenz was the one that beat out the rest in the Class A 1,600 meter run in Saturday's Charger Invitational. Leverenz ran a time of 4 minutes, 16.57 s
- Saturday's Local Sports Scores
- Ice is set to go away from ponds and lakes On a trip down to Marshall this past Thursday I was noticing some smaller ponds just beginning to lose their ice along the edges. With the warm weather predicted for today and early this week, I expect the ice to begin to slowly disappear from our a
- Parkland powers past DACC in Region 24 tourney MATTOON -- Size and depth are two very important elements to a good basketball team. The Parkland College women's basketball team had the advantage in both of those areas in Saturday's NJCAA Division II Region 24 Tournament semifinal contest against
- Mustangs advance to sectional final VEEDERSBURG, Ind. - Fountain Central had a strong start, got a big lead and fought off a tenacious Seeger boys' basketball team to advance to the championship game of 2A Sectional 38 with a 67-45 win. The Mustangs jumped out to a quick 9-2 lead then
- Falcons fall to Rox CAYUGA, Ind. -- In a physical IHSAA 1A Boys Basketball Sectional semifinal, the North Vermillion boys basketball team lost to Wabash River Conference rival Rockville 61-53 on Friday at North Vermillion High School. Rockville came out with an aggressi
- Jaguars lose in playoffs LINCOLN -- The Danville Area Community College men's basketball team's season ended on Friday with a 80-77 loss to Lincoln College in the Region 24 playoffs. DACC coach DaJuan Gouard said the game represented the theme of the season. "We were up by e
- Illini hope for strong ending IOWA CITY -- The Illinois men's basketball team got themselves back into postseason consideration with three straight wins thanks to a suffocating defense. But the Michigan Wolverines, the outright champions of the Big Ten Conference, sliced through
- Friday's Local Scores At Normal Community IHSA Class 4A Regional Championship Normal Community 71, Danville 42 Normal Community (71) -- Grant Donath 1-4 0-1 2, Zac Thompson 3-6 0-0 9, Alex Peacock 12-16 1-1 25, Duane Farrington 4-5 2-2 12, Tyler Seibring 7-11 7-7 23, Davi
- More Sports Headlines