College: University of San Francisco
Weight: 175 pounds
Hometown: Concord, Calif.
Family: father: Dave Miller; mother: Kathy Miller; and brother Michael Miller.
Host family: John and Lisa Behrens
2013 statistics: batted .235 with 1 home runs and 18 RBIs. Miller also had seven doubles, two triples and he scored 16 runs.
Best baseball moment: getting a walk-off win over the University of San Diego in the West Coast Conference Tournament
Best non-baseball moment: seeing my brother, Michael, get drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 2012 Major League Draft.
Other interests: music, science, basketball and hockey
Favorite pro team: Seattle Mariners
Favorite athlete: Ozzie Smith
Favorite color: green
Favorite food: bar-b-que chicken
Favorite actor: Denzel Washington
Favorite actress: Natalie Portman
Favorite movie: I Love You, Man
Favorite cartoon: Phineas and Ferb
Favorite TV show: Psych
Favorite musical group: A Tribe Called Quest.
Favorite book: Fahrenheit 451
Mode of transportation: Public Transportation — train and bus
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: Jamaica
Motto: “Make excuses or make a way.’’
Springfield vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. doubleheader. Both games will be 7-inning contests.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults, $3 for school-age children
Promotion — Danville Dans Kids’ Club night, sponsored by Pediatric Providers of Danville. Members of the kids’ club get free admission, they get to participate in the pre-game “High Five” tunnel and one member will be a guest public address announcer.
Special event — The Colts in Motion trailer will be at Danville Stadium with a pair of Indianapolis Colts cheerleaders available for photos and autographs from 5-7 p.m.
Probable starting pitchers — Springfield: Game 1: RHP TR Dunne (2-5, 2.26 ERA); Game 2: RHP Chance Simpson (0-3, 2.76 ERA); Danville: Game 1: RHP Mitch Holtz (5-0, 3.68 ERA); Game 2: LHP Spencer Herrmann (1-1, 1.85 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Vikings continue to learn Vikings continue to learn BY AARON PATTERSON firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Mustangs, Falcons split twinbill VEEDERSBURG, Ind. - Too many mistakes cost the Fountain Central softball team any chance of defeating North Vermillion in the first game of their double header. At least that is how Mustang head coach Allison Alexander saw the game. "We had nine erro
- Salt Fork softball continues with strong start CATLIN -- The Salt Fork softball team continued its undefeated start with a sweep of Unity on Saturday by identical 10-0 scores. In the first game, Kayln Learnard had a triple and two RBIs while Kaylee McFadden, Lea Hall, Kylie Summers and Camryn Tod
- Saturday's Local Scores PREP BASEBALL At Danville Stadium Game 1 Normal Community 8, Danville 1 Normal Community 400 003 1 — 8 11 0 Danville 100 000 0 — 1 4 2 WP — Mike Shepard (3-1). LP — Mike Vascura. Two or more hits — NC: Luke McC
- Taylor slows Blue Devils BISMARCK -- After a perfect game from Ross Learnard on Tuesday, the Salt Fork baseball team received another outstanding pitching performance on Friday from Cole Taylor, who struck out nine and allowed only one hit over five innings as the Storm beat
- Danville blasts three homers to beat Westville WESTVILLE -- Danville coach Corey Pullin knew it was just a matter of time until junior Alissa Peelman and sophomore Lindsey Lowenstein started seeing positive results at the plate. On Friday afternoon, the duo of Peelman and Lowenstein gave the Viki
- Danville girls track wins Raider Invitational BLOOMINGTON -- The Danville girls track team picked up four wins as they were able to beat the pack at the Lady Raider Invitational on Friday. Sadie Elliott won the 3,200 in 11 minutes, 51.75 seconds for Danville, while Aariona Graham won the long ju
- Friday's Local Scores PREP BASEBALL At Bismarck Salt Fork 15, Bismarck-Henning 0 Salt Fork 040 0(11) -- 15 14 0 Bis-Henn 000 0 0 -- 0 1 8 WP -- Cole Taylor. LP -- Dustyn Ingram. Two or more hits -- SF: Ross Learnard 3, Max Stutsman 3, Garrett McFadden, Lane West
- Trojans cruise to victory COVINGTON, Ind. - The Covington softball team had a big first inning as they scored five runs on their way to defeating Attica 11-1. Attica threatened to score in the first, getting Karrah Pattengale to second, but they were unable to drive her home.
- Lunger steps up for Buffaloes GEORGETOWN -- In only the second start of his career, Georgetown-Ridge Farm/Chrisman pitcher Tyler Lunger pitched a five-hit complete game as the Buffaloes defeated Milford 8-2 on Thursday in Vermilion Valley Conference action. "I feel I threw well
- More Sports Headlines