College: Bowling Green State University
Weight: 161 pounds
Hometown: Litchfield, Ohio
Family: mother: Mary Thomas; father: Jerry Thomas and brother, John Thomas.
Host family: Mike and Christine Jaruseski
Major: applied health science and nursing
2013 statistics: batted .259 with 1 home run and 22 RBIs. Thomas also scored 15 runs and recorded 2 stolen bases.
Best baseball moment: winning the Mid-American Conference baseball title.
Best non-baseball moment: winning the conference wrestling title while at Buckeye High School.
Other interests: playing the guitar, music and fishing.
Favorite pro team: Cleveland Indians
Favorite athlete: Dustin Pedroia
Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: walleye
Favorite actor: Leonardo Dicaprio
Favorite actress: Zooey Deschanel
Favorite movie: The Dark Knight
Favorite TV show: Archer
Favorite cartoon: Adventure Time
Favorite book: Life of Pi
Favorite musical group: Manchester Orchestra
Mode of transportation: Hyundai
First job: hitting instructor
Vacation spot: East Harbor State Park on Lake Erie
Motto: “Dans. Dans. Dans.’’ — assistant coach Rick Fraire
Hannibal vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. (doubleheader)
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $2
Promotions — Two-buck Tuesday. Everything from admission to hot dogs to beverages are $2.
Probable starting pitchers — Hannibal: Game 1, TBD and Game 2, TBD; Danville: Game 1, RHP Zach Gordon (2-1, 4.45 ERA) and Game 2, RHP Corbin Olmstead (3-1, 2.30 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Mustangs advance to sectional final VEEDERSBURG, Ind. - Fountain Central had a strong start, got a big lead and fought off a tenacious Seeger boys' basketball team to advance to the championship game of 2A Sectional 38 with a 67-45 win. The Mustangs jumped out to a quick 9-2 lead then
- Falcons fall to Rox CAYUGA, Ind. -- In a physical IHSAA 1A Boys Basketball Sectional semifinal, the North Vermillion boys basketball team lost to Wabash River Conference rival Rockville 61-53 on Friday at North Vermillion High School. Rockville came out with an aggressi
- Jaguars lose in playoffs LINCOLN -- The Danville Area Community College men's basketball team's season ended on Friday with a 80-77 loss to Lincoln College in the Region 24 playoffs. DACC coach DaJuan Gouard said the game represented the theme of the season. "We were up by e
- Illini hope for strong ending IOWA CITY -- The Illinois men's basketball team got themselves back into postseason consideration with three straight wins thanks to a suffocating defense. But the Michigan Wolverines, the outright champions of the Big Ten Conference, sliced through
- Friday's Local Scores At Normal Community IHSA Class 4A Regional Championship Normal Community 71, Danville 42 Normal Community (71) -- Grant Donath 1-4 0-1 2, Zac Thompson 3-6 0-0 9, Alex Peacock 12-16 1-1 25, Duane Farrington 4-5 2-2 12, Tyler Seibring 7-11 7-7 23, Davi
- Ironmen squash Vikings' dreams NORMAL -- The worst fears for Danville boys basketball coach Ted Houpt came true on Friday night. The Vikings, trying to win their first regional title since 2001, ran into a wall -- the Normal Community Ironmen wall of defense. Junior forwards Alex
- Vikings try to reverse history NORMAL -- Philosopher George Santayana had a famous quote, "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'' And while that is true for the most part, there are numerous examples during this time of the year, "March Madness" where the
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Licenses are now available Outdoor enthusiasts are reminded that Illinois' new license year begins April 1. Illinois fishing, hunting and sportsman combination licenses for 2014 are available from DNR Direct license and permit vendors, online through the IDNR web site www.dnr
- Local Calendar TODAY Prep Boys Basketball IHSAA Class 2A Fountain Central Sectional 38: Seeger vs. Fountain Central, 5 p.m. IHSAA Class A North Vermillion Sectional 53: Rockville vs. North Vermillion, 5 p.m. IHSAA Class 2A Fountain Central Sectional 38: Clinton Cen
- No Headline Provided MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL Big Ten Glance Conf. Overall W L W L Michigan 14 3 22 7 Wisconsin 12 5 25 5 Michigan State 12 5 23 7 Nebraska 10 7 18 11 Iowa 9 8 20 10 Ohio State 9 8 22 8 Minnesota 7 10 18 12 Indiana 7 10 17 13 Illinois 6 11 17 13 Penn
- More Sports Headlines