College: Bowling Green State University
Weight: 161 pounds
Hometown: Litchfield, Ohio
Family: mother: Mary Thomas; father: Jerry Thomas and brother, John Thomas.
Host family: Mike and Christine Jaruseski
Major: applied health science and nursing
2013 statistics: batted .259 with 1 home run and 22 RBIs. Thomas also scored 15 runs and recorded 2 stolen bases.
Best baseball moment: winning the Mid-American Conference baseball title.
Best non-baseball moment: winning the conference wrestling title while at Buckeye High School.
Other interests: playing the guitar, music and fishing.
Favorite pro team: Cleveland Indians
Favorite athlete: Dustin Pedroia
Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: walleye
Favorite actor: Leonardo Dicaprio
Favorite actress: Zooey Deschanel
Favorite movie: The Dark Knight
Favorite TV show: Archer
Favorite cartoon: Adventure Time
Favorite book: Life of Pi
Favorite musical group: Manchester Orchestra
Mode of transportation: Hyundai
First job: hitting instructor
Vacation spot: East Harbor State Park on Lake Erie
Motto: “Dans. Dans. Dans.’’ — assistant coach Rick Fraire
Hannibal vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. (doubleheader)
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $2
Promotions — Two-buck Tuesday. Everything from admission to hot dogs to beverages are $2.
Probable starting pitchers — Hannibal: Game 1, TBD and Game 2, TBD; Danville: Game 1, RHP Zach Gordon (2-1, 4.45 ERA) and Game 2, RHP Corbin Olmstead (3-1, 2.30 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Vikings continue to learn Vikings continue to learn BY AARON PATTERSON firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Mustangs, Falcons split twinbill VEEDERSBURG, Ind. - Too many mistakes cost the Fountain Central softball team any chance of defeating North Vermillion in the first game of their double header. At least that is how Mustang head coach Allison Alexander saw the game. "We had nine erro
- Salt Fork softball continues with strong start CATLIN -- The Salt Fork softball team continued its undefeated start with a sweep of Unity on Saturday by identical 10-0 scores. In the first game, Kayln Learnard had a triple and two RBIs while Kaylee McFadden, Lea Hall, Kylie Summers and Camryn Tod
- Saturday's Local Scores PREP BASEBALL At Danville Stadium Game 1 Normal Community 8, Danville 1 Normal Community 400 003 1 — 8 11 0 Danville 100 000 0 — 1 4 2 WP — Mike Shepard (3-1). LP — Mike Vascura. Two or more hits — NC: Luke McC
- Taylor slows Blue Devils BISMARCK -- After a perfect game from Ross Learnard on Tuesday, the Salt Fork baseball team received another outstanding pitching performance on Friday from Cole Taylor, who struck out nine and allowed only one hit over five innings as the Storm beat
- Danville blasts three homers to beat Westville WESTVILLE -- Danville coach Corey Pullin knew it was just a matter of time until junior Alissa Peelman and sophomore Lindsey Lowenstein started seeing positive results at the plate. On Friday afternoon, the duo of Peelman and Lowenstein gave the Viki
- Danville girls track wins Raider Invitational BLOOMINGTON -- The Danville girls track team picked up four wins as they were able to beat the pack at the Lady Raider Invitational on Friday. Sadie Elliott won the 3,200 in 11 minutes, 51.75 seconds for Danville, while Aariona Graham won the long ju
- Friday's Local Scores PREP BASEBALL At Bismarck Salt Fork 15, Bismarck-Henning 0 Salt Fork 040 0(11) -- 15 14 0 Bis-Henn 000 0 0 -- 0 1 8 WP -- Cole Taylor. LP -- Dustyn Ingram. Two or more hits -- SF: Ross Learnard 3, Max Stutsman 3, Garrett McFadden, Lane West
- Trojans cruise to victory COVINGTON, Ind. - The Covington softball team had a big first inning as they scored five runs on their way to defeating Attica 11-1. Attica threatened to score in the first, getting Karrah Pattengale to second, but they were unable to drive her home.
- Lunger steps up for Buffaloes GEORGETOWN -- In only the second start of his career, Georgetown-Ridge Farm/Chrisman pitcher Tyler Lunger pitched a five-hit complete game as the Buffaloes defeated Milford 8-2 on Thursday in Vermilion Valley Conference action. "I feel I threw well
- More Sports Headlines