College: Bowling Green State University
Weight: 161 pounds
Hometown: Litchfield, Ohio
Family: mother: Mary Thomas; father: Jerry Thomas and brother, John Thomas.
Host family: Mike and Christine Jaruseski
Major: applied health science and nursing
2013 statistics: batted .259 with 1 home run and 22 RBIs. Thomas also scored 15 runs and recorded 2 stolen bases.
Best baseball moment: winning the Mid-American Conference baseball title.
Best non-baseball moment: winning the conference wrestling title while at Buckeye High School.
Other interests: playing the guitar, music and fishing.
Favorite pro team: Cleveland Indians
Favorite athlete: Dustin Pedroia
Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: walleye
Favorite actor: Leonardo Dicaprio
Favorite actress: Zooey Deschanel
Favorite movie: The Dark Knight
Favorite TV show: Archer
Favorite cartoon: Adventure Time
Favorite book: Life of Pi
Favorite musical group: Manchester Orchestra
Mode of transportation: Hyundai
First job: hitting instructor
Vacation spot: East Harbor State Park on Lake Erie
Motto: “Dans. Dans. Dans.’’ — assistant coach Rick Fraire
Hannibal vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. (doubleheader)
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $2
Promotions — Two-buck Tuesday. Everything from admission to hot dogs to beverages are $2.
Probable starting pitchers — Hannibal: Game 1, TBD and Game 2, TBD; Danville: Game 1, RHP Zach Gordon (2-1, 4.45 ERA) and Game 2, RHP Corbin Olmstead (3-1, 2.30 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Hilltoppers turn to defense BISMARCK -- Schlarman Academy girls basketball coach Keith Peoples didn't like what he was seeing on Thursday night against Bismarck-Henning. So, Peoples took his first timeout just 53 seconds into the second quarter with the Hilltoppers trailing the
- Patriots try to wrestle early kinks out in first match WEST LEBANON, Ind. - Early-season matches in wrestling are much like those in other sports where the outcome is secondary to learning what works and what needs work. Seeger hosted Covington and the Patriots had seven pins, one major decision and one
- Gritton steps down as Danville baseball coach DANVILLE -- For 12 years, Gary Gritton could handle the time put in leading the Danville High School baseball team and being a history teacher. But on Thursday, Gritton chose teaching for good and resigned as Danville's baseball coach. "The big thing
- Early season challenge COVINGTON, Ind. -- Just two weeks into the boys basketball season and the Wabash River Conference already has a pivotal matchup this Friday night. The Fountain Central Mustangs (1-0) will travel to Covington to face the 1-0 Trojans in not only a big
- Nelson Jr. rolls a perfect game in McHarry's League Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and you are not wobbling too much on the approach. Let's get right to this week's league reports. Saturday Night's McHarry's League had some great scores this past week. Many with 50 or more pins over their a
- March earns all-conference honors at Akron AKRON, Ohio -- Former Danville High standout Justin March was one of seven Akron Zips named to the 2013 All-Mid-American Conference team on Wednesday. March, the 2009 Commercial-News Football Player of the Year, was second on his team in tackles with
- No Headline Provided local PREP BOYS BASKETBALL Illinois Prep Boys Basketball Wednesday's scores Brooks Academy 57, Dunbar 51 Carterville 63, Riverview Gardens, Mo. 34 Chicago (Austin) 54, Lake View 45 Chicago (Noble Street Charter/Johnson) 65, Chicago (Noble Street Char
- Patriots take over late in fourth quarter, defeating Falcons 48-40 Patriots take over late in fourth quarter, defeating Falcons 48-40 BY GREG FLINT email@example.com
- Westville boys basketball wins in opener WESTVILLE — The Westville boys basketball team started the season Tuesday with a 65-51 win over Notre Dame De La Sallette. Jeffery Thompson had 22 points for the Tigers while Kyle Brazas had 13 points, Jordan Romo had 11 and Austin Millholland added
- Jaguars continue to fight DACC rallies, but falls to Lincoln Trail Jaguars continue to fight BY AARON PATTERSON firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Sports Headlines