Position: right-handed pitcher
College: St. Petersburg College
Weight: 195 pounds
Hometown: Land O’Lakes, Fla.
Family: mother, Robin McNickle; father, Russ McNickle; and sister, Jordan McNickle.
Host family: Tim and Mary Ellen Bunton
Major: sports management
2013 statistics: was 1-2 with 1 save and a 2.31 ERA, while recording 23 strikeouts in 39 innings
Best baseball moment: signing my National Letter of Intent to play baseball next year at South Carolina.
Best non-baseball moments: dunking a basketball for the first time.
Other interests: board games and drinking Mountain Dew.
Favorite pro team: Pittsburgh Pirates
Favorite athlete: Danville Dans’ teammate Zach Gordon
Favorite color: pink
Favorite food: cookies
Favorite actor: Will Ferrell
Favorite actress: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite movie: Toy Story
Favorite TV show: Intentional Talk
Favorite cartoon: SpongeBob Square Pants
Favorite book: The Cat in the Hat
Favorite musicial group: Destiny’s Child
Mode of transportation: Nissan Xterra or a pogo stick.
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: Santa’s Workshop.
Motto: “If you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right.’’
Quincy vs. Danville
When — 6:30 p.m.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults and $3 for school-age children.
Promotion No. 1 — It’s Cards-Cubs night at Danville Stadium. Anyone wearing Cardinals, Cubs or any Major League Baseball team apparel will get into the game for just $2.
Promotion No. 2 — Danville Dans Kids’ Club night, sponsored by Pediatric Providers of Danville. Members of the kids’ club get free admission, they get to participate in the pre-game “High Five” tunnel and one member will be a guest public address announcer.
Probable starting pitchers — Quincy Gems: LHP Brady Arenson (0-0, 2.70 ERA); Danville Dans: RHP Blake Stevens (2-0, 2.11 ERA).
- Vikings try to reverse history NORMAL -- Philosopher George Santayana had a famous quote, "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'' And while that is true for the most part, there are numerous examples during this time of the year, "March Madness" where the
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Licenses are now available Outdoor enthusiasts are reminded that Illinois' new license year begins April 1. Illinois fishing, hunting and sportsman combination licenses for 2014 are available from DNR Direct license and permit vendors, online through the IDNR web site www.dnr
- Local Calendar TODAY Prep Boys Basketball IHSAA Class 2A Fountain Central Sectional 38: Seeger vs. Fountain Central, 5 p.m. IHSAA Class A North Vermillion Sectional 53: Rockville vs. North Vermillion, 5 p.m. IHSAA Class 2A Fountain Central Sectional 38: Clinton Cen
- No Headline Provided MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL Big Ten Glance Conf. Overall W L W L Michigan 14 3 22 7 Wisconsin 12 5 25 5 Michigan State 12 5 23 7 Nebraska 10 7 18 11 Iowa 9 8 20 10 Ohio State 9 8 22 8 Minnesota 7 10 18 12 Indiana 7 10 17 13 Illinois 6 11 17 13 Penn
- No Headline Provided At Indianapolis Big Ten Tournament Iowa 81, Illinois 62 Illinois (62) -- Taylor Gleason 0-5 0-0 0, Ashley McConnell 2-6 1-2 7, Ivory Crawford 5-16 5-8 15, Jacqui Grant 4-9 0-0 10, Amber Moore 10-23 2-2 26, Sarah Hartwell 0-2 0-0 0, Taylor Tuck 0-2 0-
- No Headline Provided ------ LOCAL BOWLING Results from March 5 At Lincoln Lanes Tuesday Nite Go-Getters Men Class A Series: Tony Dompe 591 Game: Greg Miller 211 Class B Series: Kevin Powell 441 Game: Mike Camarata 166 Women Class A Series: Sue Strong 550 Game: Lisa Moudy
- Lady Jaguars survive, advance DANVILLE -- How a team plays is not as important as the result in a postseason tournament. That's what Danville Area Community College women's basketball coach Kyle Bent basically said after his Lady Jaguars advanced in the NJCAA Division II Region 2
- Smith carries Vikings past Boilers NORMAL -- The thing that typically separates really good players from exceptional players is what happens in the postseason. Players like Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are known for getting the job done when the games have meant the mo
Storm lose a heartbreaker
DANVILLE -- The Salt Fork boys basketball team fought to the wire against St. Anne in Tuesday's IHSA Class 1A sectional played at Mary Miller Gymnasium on the campus of Danville Area Community College but lost a heartbreaker 53-52.
- Michigan slams Illinois CHAMPAIGN-- It doesn't take much to see that Michigan is the class of the Big Ten Conference this season. The No. 12 ranked Wolverines shot a blistering 57 percent from the field, including 16-for-23 from 3-point range, en route to a convincing 84-53
- More Sports Headlines