Position: right-handed pitcher
College: St. Petersburg College
Weight: 195 pounds
Hometown: Land O’Lakes, Fla.
Family: mother, Robin McNickle; father, Russ McNickle; and sister, Jordan McNickle.
Host family: Tim and Mary Ellen Bunton
Major: sports management
2013 statistics: was 1-2 with 1 save and a 2.31 ERA, while recording 23 strikeouts in 39 innings
Best baseball moment: signing my National Letter of Intent to play baseball next year at South Carolina.
Best non-baseball moments: dunking a basketball for the first time.
Other interests: board games and drinking Mountain Dew.
Favorite pro team: Pittsburgh Pirates
Favorite athlete: Danville Dans’ teammate Zach Gordon
Favorite color: pink
Favorite food: cookies
Favorite actor: Will Ferrell
Favorite actress: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite movie: Toy Story
Favorite TV show: Intentional Talk
Favorite cartoon: SpongeBob Square Pants
Favorite book: The Cat in the Hat
Favorite musicial group: Destiny’s Child
Mode of transportation: Nissan Xterra or a pogo stick.
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: Santa’s Workshop.
Motto: “If you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right.’’
Quincy vs. Danville
When — 6:30 p.m.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults and $3 for school-age children.
Promotion No. 1 — It’s Cards-Cubs night at Danville Stadium. Anyone wearing Cardinals, Cubs or any Major League Baseball team apparel will get into the game for just $2.
Promotion No. 2 — Danville Dans Kids’ Club night, sponsored by Pediatric Providers of Danville. Members of the kids’ club get free admission, they get to participate in the pre-game “High Five” tunnel and one member will be a guest public address announcer.
Probable starting pitchers — Quincy Gems: LHP Brady Arenson (0-0, 2.70 ERA); Danville Dans: RHP Blake Stevens (2-0, 2.11 ERA).
- Going the extra mile BISMARCK — Bismarck-Henning coach Mark Dodd has really enjoyed the last few years.Not just because of the two straight Vermilion Valley Conference titles and a almost three-year unbeaten run in regular season action, but because of working with playe
- LOCAL ROUNDUP: Trojans defeat Chargers in volleyball opener CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. — It took all five sets but the Covington Lady Trojans opened the year with a hard-fought 24-26, 25-22, 25-21, 19-25, 16-14 victory over the North Montgomery Chargers in prep volleyball action on Tuesday night.Brooke Ahrens led t
- Patriots make changes WEST LEBANON, Ind. – Success for the Seeger Patriot football team this season will depend on two things.They will rely on technique and teamwork to reach their goals.“We’ve got a little bit of size, a little bit of speed and a few guys with a lot of
- B-H's Warren claims Urbana Kick-Off Classic URBANA — Bismarck-Henning’s David Warren kicked off his senior season in style, winning the Urbana Kick-Off Classic at the Urbana Country Club.Warren shot a 4-over 76 to earn a one-stroke victory over Champaign Centennial’s Isaac Overman (77), while
- Trying to fill big holes CAYUGA, Ind. — Brayden Woodard and his senior teammates on the 2013 North Vermillion football team left their mark on the Wabash River Conference.The Falcons won back-to-back undefeated league titles and they enter this season with a 15-game winning
- New names, same goals VEEDERSBURG, Ind. — While the names might change, the goals and expectations for the Fountain Central football team remain the same.The Mustangs, who went 11-2 last year with a sectional championship, are looking to replace 60 percent of their offens
- Trojans' experience could be key COVINGTON, Ind. – The Covington football team enters this season on a positive note. The Trojans lost only five seniors to graduation, so team hopes to build on its many returning players.“We’re a year old and stronger,” said Covington head coach Tra
- Voles set to host Jamboree DANVILLE — For the eighth year, the Vermilion Voles Vintage Base Ball club will invite other clubs in the Midwest to Kennekuk County Park on Saturday for the “Uncle Joe” Cannon Base Ball Jamboree.The event will feature four teams with the Voles, the
- No Headline Provided HELP WANTEDThe Danville Commercial-News is seeking sports-minded individuals to cover local sporting events this school year. An individual should have their own transportation, and be able to work nights and weekends.Anyone interested in the opportu
- Young Vikings get started DANVILLE — For the second year in a row, high school football teams in Illinois have had to make a change in their preseason practice schedules.A year ago, the IHSA developed a new policy when it came to acclimatization period of early-season practic
- More Sports Headlines