Position: right-handed pitcher
College: St. Petersburg College
Weight: 195 pounds
Hometown: Land O’Lakes, Fla.
Family: mother, Robin McNickle; father, Russ McNickle; and sister, Jordan McNickle.
Host family: Tim and Mary Ellen Bunton
Major: sports management
2013 statistics: was 1-2 with 1 save and a 2.31 ERA, while recording 23 strikeouts in 39 innings
Best baseball moment: signing my National Letter of Intent to play baseball next year at South Carolina.
Best non-baseball moments: dunking a basketball for the first time.
Other interests: board games and drinking Mountain Dew.
Favorite pro team: Pittsburgh Pirates
Favorite athlete: Danville Dans’ teammate Zach Gordon
Favorite color: pink
Favorite food: cookies
Favorite actor: Will Ferrell
Favorite actress: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite movie: Toy Story
Favorite TV show: Intentional Talk
Favorite cartoon: SpongeBob Square Pants
Favorite book: The Cat in the Hat
Favorite musicial group: Destiny’s Child
Mode of transportation: Nissan Xterra or a pogo stick.
First job: never had a job
Vacation spot: Santa’s Workshop.
Motto: “If you’re not having fun, you’re not doing it right.’’
Quincy vs. Danville
When — 6:30 p.m.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults and $3 for school-age children.
Promotion No. 1 — It’s Cards-Cubs night at Danville Stadium. Anyone wearing Cardinals, Cubs or any Major League Baseball team apparel will get into the game for just $2.
Promotion No. 2 — Danville Dans Kids’ Club night, sponsored by Pediatric Providers of Danville. Members of the kids’ club get free admission, they get to participate in the pre-game “High Five” tunnel and one member will be a guest public address announcer.
Probable starting pitchers — Quincy Gems: LHP Brady Arenson (0-0, 2.70 ERA); Danville Dans: RHP Blake Stevens (2-0, 2.11 ERA).
- Woodrow, Mustangs take sectional title VEEDERSBURG, Ind. -- During the pregame warm-ups of Saturday's Class 2A Sectional 38 championship, the host Fountain Central pep band played The White Stripes' 2003 hit, "Seven Nation Army." In the song's opening line, singer Jack White exclaims: "I
- Danville's Leverenz beats out the rest in Charger invite CHAMPAIGN -- In an battle of two of the best long-distance runners in the area, Danville's Johnny Leverenz was the one that beat out the rest in the Class A 1,600 meter run in Saturday's Charger Invitational. Leverenz ran a time of 4 minutes, 16.57 s
- Saturday's Local Sports Scores
- Ice is set to go away from ponds and lakes On a trip down to Marshall this past Thursday I was noticing some smaller ponds just beginning to lose their ice along the edges. With the warm weather predicted for today and early this week, I expect the ice to begin to slowly disappear from our a
- Parkland powers past DACC in Region 24 tourney MATTOON -- Size and depth are two very important elements to a good basketball team. The Parkland College women's basketball team had the advantage in both of those areas in Saturday's NJCAA Division II Region 24 Tournament semifinal contest against
- Mustangs advance to sectional final VEEDERSBURG, Ind. - Fountain Central had a strong start, got a big lead and fought off a tenacious Seeger boys' basketball team to advance to the championship game of 2A Sectional 38 with a 67-45 win. The Mustangs jumped out to a quick 9-2 lead then
- Falcons fall to Rox CAYUGA, Ind. -- In a physical IHSAA 1A Boys Basketball Sectional semifinal, the North Vermillion boys basketball team lost to Wabash River Conference rival Rockville 61-53 on Friday at North Vermillion High School. Rockville came out with an aggressi
- Jaguars lose in playoffs LINCOLN -- The Danville Area Community College men's basketball team's season ended on Friday with a 80-77 loss to Lincoln College in the Region 24 playoffs. DACC coach DaJuan Gouard said the game represented the theme of the season. "We were up by e
- Illini hope for strong ending IOWA CITY -- The Illinois men's basketball team got themselves back into postseason consideration with three straight wins thanks to a suffocating defense. But the Michigan Wolverines, the outright champions of the Big Ten Conference, sliced through
- Friday's Local Scores At Normal Community IHSA Class 4A Regional Championship Normal Community 71, Danville 42 Normal Community (71) -- Grant Donath 1-4 0-1 2, Zac Thompson 3-6 0-0 9, Alex Peacock 12-16 1-1 25, Duane Farrington 4-5 2-2 12, Tyler Seibring 7-11 7-7 23, Davi
- More Sports Headlines