Hoopeston Area 6, Armstrong-Potomac 1
Hoopeston Area 101 021 1 — 6 7 0
A-P 100 000 0 — 1 4 5
WP — Kendal Walder. LP — Isaiah Robles (0-3). Two or more hits — HA: Aiden Berg AP: Dustin Nixon. 2B — HA: Connor Cline 2, Berg. RBIs — HA: Cline 3, Berg, Geno Wagoner AP: Lane Esteppe.
Records — Armstrong-Potomac 1-11 overall, 1-7 in Vermilion Valley Conference.
Hoopeston Area 12
Hoopeston Area 270 002 1 — 12 11 1
A-P 130 812 x — 15 12 4
WP — Morgan Zindars (6-4). LP — Carissa Vaughn (2-3). Two or more hits — HA: Aaliyah Colunga, Jhance Marshall, Kaelynn Longfellow AP: Johanna Bruens 4, Megan Porter 3, Zindars. 2B — HA: Vaughn AP: Zindars 2. HR — HA: Colunga, Madie Cline. RBIs — HA: Cline 3, Colunga 2, Brittney Myers 2 AP: Courtney Hilleary 3, Ashley Gayheart 2, Zindars 2, Porter 2, Bruens, Makenzie Vinson, Megan Cain.
Records — Hoopeston Area 4-8 overall, 1-4 in Vermilion Valley Conference, Armstrong-Potomac 6-5, 4-4.
At Covington, Ind.
Covington 17, Turkey Run 2
Turkey Run 000 11 — 2 5 3
Covington 422 9x — 17 13 1
WP — Regan Foster (3-1). LP — Ward. Two or more hits — C: Aliah Larsen 3, Kendra Wallace 3, Mallory Ponder. 2B — TR: Goddard C: Larsen 2. HR — C: Ponder, Lainey Holt. RBIs — TR: Aubrey, Blacketer C: Holt 3, Ponder 3, Larsen 2, Foster, Wallace, Holmes, Goley.
Records — Covington 4-3 overall.
Results from April 18
At Lincoln Lanes
Senior Citizen League
Series: Stan Harvey 604
Game: Stan Harvey 244
Series: John Ramsey 574
Game: Ernie Harvey 230
Series: Ed Reed 519
Game: Bill McDaniel 222
Series: Joe Blagg 537
Game: Greg Miller 195
Series: Shirley Lamm 444
Game: Dorothy Hessler 155
Series: Laura Baird 472
Game: Clara Copsy 182
Series: Sue Broderick 458
Game: Jan Frank 163
Series: Sue Strong 518
Game: Judy Arnett 174
Actual Series: Smiley Faces 2,352
Actual Game: Smiley Faces 815
Handicap Series: Yard Stor 2,363
Handicap Game: Yard Stor 814
- Woodrow, Mustangs take sectional title VEEDERSBURG, Ind. -- During the pregame warm-ups of Saturday's Class 2A Sectional 38 championship, the host Fountain Central pep band played The White Stripes' 2003 hit, "Seven Nation Army." In the song's opening line, singer Jack White exclaims: "I
- Danville's Leverenz beats out the rest in Charger invite CHAMPAIGN -- In an battle of two of the best long-distance runners in the area, Danville's Johnny Leverenz was the one that beat out the rest in the Class A 1,600 meter run in Saturday's Charger Invitational. Leverenz ran a time of 4 minutes, 16.57 s
- Saturday's Local Sports Scores
- Ice is set to go away from ponds and lakes On a trip down to Marshall this past Thursday I was noticing some smaller ponds just beginning to lose their ice along the edges. With the warm weather predicted for today and early this week, I expect the ice to begin to slowly disappear from our a
- Parkland powers past DACC in Region 24 tourney MATTOON -- Size and depth are two very important elements to a good basketball team. The Parkland College women's basketball team had the advantage in both of those areas in Saturday's NJCAA Division II Region 24 Tournament semifinal contest against
- Mustangs advance to sectional final VEEDERSBURG, Ind. - Fountain Central had a strong start, got a big lead and fought off a tenacious Seeger boys' basketball team to advance to the championship game of 2A Sectional 38 with a 67-45 win. The Mustangs jumped out to a quick 9-2 lead then
- Falcons fall to Rox CAYUGA, Ind. -- In a physical IHSAA 1A Boys Basketball Sectional semifinal, the North Vermillion boys basketball team lost to Wabash River Conference rival Rockville 61-53 on Friday at North Vermillion High School. Rockville came out with an aggressi
- Jaguars lose in playoffs LINCOLN -- The Danville Area Community College men's basketball team's season ended on Friday with a 80-77 loss to Lincoln College in the Region 24 playoffs. DACC coach DaJuan Gouard said the game represented the theme of the season. "We were up by e
- Illini hope for strong ending IOWA CITY -- The Illinois men's basketball team got themselves back into postseason consideration with three straight wins thanks to a suffocating defense. But the Michigan Wolverines, the outright champions of the Big Ten Conference, sliced through
- Friday's Local Scores At Normal Community IHSA Class 4A Regional Championship Normal Community 71, Danville 42 Normal Community (71) -- Grant Donath 1-4 0-1 2, Zac Thompson 3-6 0-0 9, Alex Peacock 12-16 1-1 25, Duane Farrington 4-5 2-2 12, Tyler Seibring 7-11 7-7 23, Davi
- More Sports Headlines