Hoopeston Area 6, Armstrong-Potomac 1
Hoopeston Area 101 021 1 — 6 7 0
A-P 100 000 0 — 1 4 5
WP — Kendal Walder. LP — Isaiah Robles (0-3). Two or more hits — HA: Aiden Berg AP: Dustin Nixon. 2B — HA: Connor Cline 2, Berg. RBIs — HA: Cline 3, Berg, Geno Wagoner AP: Lane Esteppe.
Records — Armstrong-Potomac 1-11 overall, 1-7 in Vermilion Valley Conference.
Hoopeston Area 12
Hoopeston Area 270 002 1 — 12 11 1
A-P 130 812 x — 15 12 4
WP — Morgan Zindars (6-4). LP — Carissa Vaughn (2-3). Two or more hits — HA: Aaliyah Colunga, Jhance Marshall, Kaelynn Longfellow AP: Johanna Bruens 4, Megan Porter 3, Zindars. 2B — HA: Vaughn AP: Zindars 2. HR — HA: Colunga, Madie Cline. RBIs — HA: Cline 3, Colunga 2, Brittney Myers 2 AP: Courtney Hilleary 3, Ashley Gayheart 2, Zindars 2, Porter 2, Bruens, Makenzie Vinson, Megan Cain.
Records — Hoopeston Area 4-8 overall, 1-4 in Vermilion Valley Conference, Armstrong-Potomac 6-5, 4-4.
At Covington, Ind.
Covington 17, Turkey Run 2
Turkey Run 000 11 — 2 5 3
Covington 422 9x — 17 13 1
WP — Regan Foster (3-1). LP — Ward. Two or more hits — C: Aliah Larsen 3, Kendra Wallace 3, Mallory Ponder. 2B — TR: Goddard C: Larsen 2. HR — C: Ponder, Lainey Holt. RBIs — TR: Aubrey, Blacketer C: Holt 3, Ponder 3, Larsen 2, Foster, Wallace, Holmes, Goley.
Records — Covington 4-3 overall.
Results from April 18
At Lincoln Lanes
Senior Citizen League
Series: Stan Harvey 604
Game: Stan Harvey 244
Series: John Ramsey 574
Game: Ernie Harvey 230
Series: Ed Reed 519
Game: Bill McDaniel 222
Series: Joe Blagg 537
Game: Greg Miller 195
Series: Shirley Lamm 444
Game: Dorothy Hessler 155
Series: Laura Baird 472
Game: Clara Copsy 182
Series: Sue Broderick 458
Game: Jan Frank 163
Series: Sue Strong 518
Game: Judy Arnett 174
Actual Series: Smiley Faces 2,352
Actual Game: Smiley Faces 815
Handicap Series: Yard Stor 2,363
Handicap Game: Yard Stor 814
- Stars advance to boys final DANVILLE — The 42nd Annual Dustbowl action continued Thursday at David S. Palmer Arena with the High School Boys basketball division in full swing as four games were played and all eight teams participated. In game one of the winner’s bracket of sem
- Baseball community to honor Atwood DANVILLE — Whether it was working on the field or running a tournament, there wasn’t anything that Frank Atwood wouldn’t do for the game of baseball.His love for the game created numerous opportunities for the youth of the Danville area as Atwood ser
- Dans get a split of doubleheader with Cavemen HANNIBAL, Mo. — The Danville Dans won the first game of a doubleheader with the Hannibal Cavemen 3-1 on Thursday before losing the second game 5-3 to get a split.In the first game, Corbin Olmstead pitched seven innings with eight strikeouts to get th
- Danville Post 210 Speakers fall to Rantoul CHARLESTON — Playing five games in five days finally took its toll on the Danville Post 210 Speakers.Rantoul’s Tanner McLain delivered a game-winning, two-out single to left to give his team a 6-5 victory over Danville in an elimination game of the F
- Juniors continue to play at Danville Tennis Open DANVILLE — The juniors were still on the court in the Greater Danville Tennis Open on Wednesday as three division titles were given out.Rachael Lewis won the girls 18 and under singles title with a 6-0, 6-0 win over Lauren Ellis, while the team of Er
- Thurston gets first win DANVILLE — Getting those Ws is the goal of every pitcher.Danville’s Chase Thurston has been seeking his first collegiate victory all year. The former Danville High standout finally got it on Tuesday night when the Danville Dans defeated the Springfie
- Shooting Stars sprint past MB Squad DANVILLE —Tuesday’s action from the Dustbowl at the David S. Palmer Arena featured two games in the Girls High School Division with two local teams — MB Squad and Shooting Stars — squaring off in round-robin play to advance to Sunday’s championship.
- Pitching boosts Speakers CHARLESTON — The Danville Post 210 Speakers’ pitching is coming along at the right time.With strong performances from Austin Millholland and Dalton Strawser, the Speakers defeated Piatt County 5-1 to move on in the Fourth Division Tournament.“The sto
- Speakers stay alive TILTON — Danville Post 210 baseball got their revenge Sunday afternoon and did it in style. After losing to Shelby County in the Fourth Division Tournament opener on Saturday, Danville had to win two games on Sunday if they wanted to advance and keep
- Youth gets served at VCS Fan Appreciation Night OAKWOOD — The Vermilion County Speedway Fan Appreciation Night was more a spotlight for the youth on and off the track.While kids in the stands had bike races and decided the order for racers in certain feature races, there was a bunch of kids going
- More Sports Headlines