Hoopeston Area 6, Armstrong-Potomac 1
Hoopeston Area 101 021 1 — 6 7 0
A-P 100 000 0 — 1 4 5
WP — Kendal Walder. LP — Isaiah Robles (0-3). Two or more hits — HA: Aiden Berg AP: Dustin Nixon. 2B — HA: Connor Cline 2, Berg. RBIs — HA: Cline 3, Berg, Geno Wagoner AP: Lane Esteppe.
Records — Armstrong-Potomac 1-11 overall, 1-7 in Vermilion Valley Conference.
Hoopeston Area 12
Hoopeston Area 270 002 1 — 12 11 1
A-P 130 812 x — 15 12 4
WP — Morgan Zindars (6-4). LP — Carissa Vaughn (2-3). Two or more hits — HA: Aaliyah Colunga, Jhance Marshall, Kaelynn Longfellow AP: Johanna Bruens 4, Megan Porter 3, Zindars. 2B — HA: Vaughn AP: Zindars 2. HR — HA: Colunga, Madie Cline. RBIs — HA: Cline 3, Colunga 2, Brittney Myers 2 AP: Courtney Hilleary 3, Ashley Gayheart 2, Zindars 2, Porter 2, Bruens, Makenzie Vinson, Megan Cain.
Records — Hoopeston Area 4-8 overall, 1-4 in Vermilion Valley Conference, Armstrong-Potomac 6-5, 4-4.
At Covington, Ind.
Covington 17, Turkey Run 2
Turkey Run 000 11 — 2 5 3
Covington 422 9x — 17 13 1
WP — Regan Foster (3-1). LP — Ward. Two or more hits — C: Aliah Larsen 3, Kendra Wallace 3, Mallory Ponder. 2B — TR: Goddard C: Larsen 2. HR — C: Ponder, Lainey Holt. RBIs — TR: Aubrey, Blacketer C: Holt 3, Ponder 3, Larsen 2, Foster, Wallace, Holmes, Goley.
Records — Covington 4-3 overall.
Results from April 18
At Lincoln Lanes
Senior Citizen League
Series: Stan Harvey 604
Game: Stan Harvey 244
Series: John Ramsey 574
Game: Ernie Harvey 230
Series: Ed Reed 519
Game: Bill McDaniel 222
Series: Joe Blagg 537
Game: Greg Miller 195
Series: Shirley Lamm 444
Game: Dorothy Hessler 155
Series: Laura Baird 472
Game: Clara Copsy 182
Series: Sue Broderick 458
Game: Jan Frank 163
Series: Sue Strong 518
Game: Judy Arnett 174
Actual Series: Smiley Faces 2,352
Actual Game: Smiley Faces 815
Handicap Series: Yard Stor 2,363
Handicap Game: Yard Stor 814
- Better late than never for Bott BISMARCK -- Marshall golf coach Matt Grobe completely surprised Bismarck-Henning standout Andy Bott with an e-mail earlier this year. Bott, who is a three-time all-stater for the Blue Devils, was preparing to attend Illinois Wesleyan in the fall. "Ou
- Nourie, Tigers beat Comets 20-4 in five inning game MUNCIE -- On a very windy day which made playing softball tough for both teams, Westville defeated Oakwood in five innings 20-4 with some good offensive production and a solid pitching performance from Stefanie Nourie. Nourie got her first win of the
- Falcons make quick work of Pats WEST LEBANON, Ind. - North Vermillion sent 11 batters to the plate in the top of the first inning and scored seven runs en route to a 13-1 win over the homestanding Seeger Patriots. The visiting Falcons got five hits including doubles by Jordan West
- Salt Fork's Learnard pitches perfect game JAMAICA -- Salt Fork's Ross Learnard finally got back on the mound on Wednesday for the first time in a week and he did not disappoint, pitching a perfect game as the Salt Fork baseball team beat Schlarman Academy in five innings. "He had his breakin
- Patriots smash Falcons CAYUGA, Ind. - Seeger took an early lead, extended it and then kept North Vermillion at bay as the Patriots defeated the host Falcons 14-3 in five innings. The visitors scored one run in the top of the first inning and, after North Vermillion went do
Trojans get past Ramblers
STAFF REPORT email@example.com ATTICA, Ind. -- Regan Foster hit a home run and drove in three runs as the Covington softball team defeated Attica 8-5 on Tuesday in Wabash River Conference action. Andi Taylor had three hi
- Tuesday's Local Scores |PREP SOFTBALL At Attica, Ind. Covington 8, Attica 5 Covington 120 004 1 — 8 10 4 Attica 001 100 3 — 5 8 2 WP — Ali Holmes. LP — Torrie Ward. Two or more hits — C: Andi Taylor 3 A: Alexis Burris
- DACC splits with Parkland DANVILLE -- To quote Bull Durham, "this is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Despite eminent threats in the forecast, it didn't rain on Sunday at
- Danville standout Smith signs with Wabash Valley DANVILLE -- A year ago, Mike Carpenter left Danville Area Community College to take the head coaching position at Wabash Valley College. On Monday afternoon, Carpenter returned to Vermilion County and this time, he secured the services of Danville Hi
- No Headline Provided Local COLLEGE BASEBALL At Danville Stadium, Danville Game 1 Parkland College 5, Danville Area Community College 3 Parkland 100 310 0 -- 5 9 0 Danville Area 000 300 0 -- 3 7 1 WP -- Bryce Pennington. LP -- Zach Anderson. Two or more hits -- Parkland:
- More Sports Headlines