Hoopeston Area 6, Armstrong-Potomac 1
Hoopeston Area 101 021 1 — 6 7 0
A-P 100 000 0 — 1 4 5
WP — Kendal Walder. LP — Isaiah Robles (0-3). Two or more hits — HA: Aiden Berg AP: Dustin Nixon. 2B — HA: Connor Cline 2, Berg. RBIs — HA: Cline 3, Berg, Geno Wagoner AP: Lane Esteppe.
Records — Armstrong-Potomac 1-11 overall, 1-7 in Vermilion Valley Conference.
Hoopeston Area 12
Hoopeston Area 270 002 1 — 12 11 1
A-P 130 812 x — 15 12 4
WP — Morgan Zindars (6-4). LP — Carissa Vaughn (2-3). Two or more hits — HA: Aaliyah Colunga, Jhance Marshall, Kaelynn Longfellow AP: Johanna Bruens 4, Megan Porter 3, Zindars. 2B — HA: Vaughn AP: Zindars 2. HR — HA: Colunga, Madie Cline. RBIs — HA: Cline 3, Colunga 2, Brittney Myers 2 AP: Courtney Hilleary 3, Ashley Gayheart 2, Zindars 2, Porter 2, Bruens, Makenzie Vinson, Megan Cain.
Records — Hoopeston Area 4-8 overall, 1-4 in Vermilion Valley Conference, Armstrong-Potomac 6-5, 4-4.
At Covington, Ind.
Covington 17, Turkey Run 2
Turkey Run 000 11 — 2 5 3
Covington 422 9x — 17 13 1
WP — Regan Foster (3-1). LP — Ward. Two or more hits — C: Aliah Larsen 3, Kendra Wallace 3, Mallory Ponder. 2B — TR: Goddard C: Larsen 2. HR — C: Ponder, Lainey Holt. RBIs — TR: Aubrey, Blacketer C: Holt 3, Ponder 3, Larsen 2, Foster, Wallace, Holmes, Goley.
Records — Covington 4-3 overall.
Results from April 18
At Lincoln Lanes
Senior Citizen League
Series: Stan Harvey 604
Game: Stan Harvey 244
Series: John Ramsey 574
Game: Ernie Harvey 230
Series: Ed Reed 519
Game: Bill McDaniel 222
Series: Joe Blagg 537
Game: Greg Miller 195
Series: Shirley Lamm 444
Game: Dorothy Hessler 155
Series: Laura Baird 472
Game: Clara Copsy 182
Series: Sue Broderick 458
Game: Jan Frank 163
Series: Sue Strong 518
Game: Judy Arnett 174
Actual Series: Smiley Faces 2,352
Actual Game: Smiley Faces 815
Handicap Series: Yard Stor 2,363
Handicap Game: Yard Stor 814
- Hilltoppers turn to defense BISMARCK -- Schlarman Academy girls basketball coach Keith Peoples didn't like what he was seeing on Thursday night against Bismarck-Henning. So, Peoples took his first timeout just 53 seconds into the second quarter with the Hilltoppers trailing the
- Patriots try to wrestle early kinks out in first match WEST LEBANON, Ind. - Early-season matches in wrestling are much like those in other sports where the outcome is secondary to learning what works and what needs work. Seeger hosted Covington and the Patriots had seven pins, one major decision and one
- Gritton steps down as Danville baseball coach DANVILLE -- For 12 years, Gary Gritton could handle the time put in leading the Danville High School baseball team and being a history teacher. But on Thursday, Gritton chose teaching for good and resigned as Danville's baseball coach. "The big thing
- Early season challenge COVINGTON, Ind. -- Just two weeks into the boys basketball season and the Wabash River Conference already has a pivotal matchup this Friday night. The Fountain Central Mustangs (1-0) will travel to Covington to face the 1-0 Trojans in not only a big
- Nelson Jr. rolls a perfect game in McHarry's League Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and you are not wobbling too much on the approach. Let's get right to this week's league reports. Saturday Night's McHarry's League had some great scores this past week. Many with 50 or more pins over their a
- March earns all-conference honors at Akron AKRON, Ohio -- Former Danville High standout Justin March was one of seven Akron Zips named to the 2013 All-Mid-American Conference team on Wednesday. March, the 2009 Commercial-News Football Player of the Year, was second on his team in tackles with
- No Headline Provided local PREP BOYS BASKETBALL Illinois Prep Boys Basketball Wednesday's scores Brooks Academy 57, Dunbar 51 Carterville 63, Riverview Gardens, Mo. 34 Chicago (Austin) 54, Lake View 45 Chicago (Noble Street Charter/Johnson) 65, Chicago (Noble Street Char
- Patriots take over late in fourth quarter, defeating Falcons 48-40 Patriots take over late in fourth quarter, defeating Falcons 48-40 BY GREG FLINT email@example.com
- Westville boys basketball wins in opener WESTVILLE — The Westville boys basketball team started the season Tuesday with a 65-51 win over Notre Dame De La Sallette. Jeffery Thompson had 22 points for the Tigers while Kyle Brazas had 13 points, Jordan Romo had 11 and Austin Millholland added
- Jaguars continue to fight DACC rallies, but falls to Lincoln Trail Jaguars continue to fight BY AARON PATTERSON firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Sports Headlines