Position: left-handed pitcher
College: North Central College
Weight: 172 pounds
Family: father, Jim Rashid; mother, Jan Rashid; brother, J.D. Rashid; brother, Joe Rashid; and sister, Jill Rashid.
Host family: Brad and Laura Irle
Major: physical education
2013 statistics: was 5-2 with a 3.93 ERA. He also had one complete game to go along with 28 strikeouts and just 11 walks in 55 innings.
Best baseball moment: making the Prospect League Championship last year while playing with the Dubois County Bombers.
Best non-baseball moment: wearing dreadlocks last summer.
Other interests: basketball, video games
Favorite pro team: Chicago Cubs
Favorite athlete: Matt Garza
Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: tacos
Favorite actor: Mark Wahlberg
Favorite actress: Megan Good.
Favorite movie: The Other Guys
Favorite TV show: SportsCenter
Favorite cartoon: Family Guy
Favorite musical group: Travis Porter
Mode of transportation: Nissan Sentra
First job: a host at Bakers Square
Vacation spot: Hawaii
Motto: “All day, every day.’’
Springfield vs. Danville
When — 6 p.m. (doubleheader)
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $2
Promotions — Two-buck Tuesday. Everything from admission to hot dogs to beverages are $2.
Probable starting pitchers — Springfield: Game 1, TBD and Game 2, TBD; Danville: Game 1, RHP Corbin Olmstead (1-1, 3.76 ERA) and Game 2, LHP Jacob Hall (0-0, 9.00 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
Position: left-handed pitcher
- Mustangs advance to sectional final VEEDERSBURG, Ind. - Fountain Central had a strong start, got a big lead and fought off a tenacious Seeger boys' basketball team to advance to the championship game of 2A Sectional 38 with a 67-45 win. The Mustangs jumped out to a quick 9-2 lead then
- Falcons fall to Rox CAYUGA, Ind. -- In a physical IHSAA 1A Boys Basketball Sectional semifinal, the North Vermillion boys basketball team lost to Wabash River Conference rival Rockville 61-53 on Friday at North Vermillion High School. Rockville came out with an aggressi
- Jaguars lose in playoffs LINCOLN -- The Danville Area Community College men's basketball team's season ended on Friday with a 80-77 loss to Lincoln College in the Region 24 playoffs. DACC coach DaJuan Gouard said the game represented the theme of the season. "We were up by e
- Illini hope for strong ending IOWA CITY -- The Illinois men's basketball team got themselves back into postseason consideration with three straight wins thanks to a suffocating defense. But the Michigan Wolverines, the outright champions of the Big Ten Conference, sliced through
- Friday's Local Scores At Normal Community IHSA Class 4A Regional Championship Normal Community 71, Danville 42 Normal Community (71) -- Grant Donath 1-4 0-1 2, Zac Thompson 3-6 0-0 9, Alex Peacock 12-16 1-1 25, Duane Farrington 4-5 2-2 12, Tyler Seibring 7-11 7-7 23, Davi
- Ironmen squash Vikings' dreams NORMAL -- The worst fears for Danville boys basketball coach Ted Houpt came true on Friday night. The Vikings, trying to win their first regional title since 2001, ran into a wall -- the Normal Community Ironmen wall of defense. Junior forwards Alex
- Vikings try to reverse history NORMAL -- Philosopher George Santayana had a famous quote, "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'' And while that is true for the most part, there are numerous examples during this time of the year, "March Madness" where the
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Licenses are now available Outdoor enthusiasts are reminded that Illinois' new license year begins April 1. Illinois fishing, hunting and sportsman combination licenses for 2014 are available from DNR Direct license and permit vendors, online through the IDNR web site www.dnr
- Local Calendar TODAY Prep Boys Basketball IHSAA Class 2A Fountain Central Sectional 38: Seeger vs. Fountain Central, 5 p.m. IHSAA Class A North Vermillion Sectional 53: Rockville vs. North Vermillion, 5 p.m. IHSAA Class 2A Fountain Central Sectional 38: Clinton Cen
- No Headline Provided MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL Big Ten Glance Conf. Overall W L W L Michigan 14 3 22 7 Wisconsin 12 5 25 5 Michigan State 12 5 23 7 Nebraska 10 7 18 11 Iowa 9 8 20 10 Ohio State 9 8 22 8 Minnesota 7 10 18 12 Indiana 7 10 17 13 Illinois 6 11 17 13 Penn
- More Sports Headlines