College: Heartland Community College/Illinois State
Weight: 210 pounds
Family: father: Craig Klein; mother, Colleen Klein; brother, Chase Klein
Host family: Kevin and Amy Howard
2013 statistics: batted .227 with 1 home run and 27 RBIs. Klein also had 19 stolen bases and scored 30 runs for the Hawks.
Best baseball moment: reaching the NJCAA Division II World Series the past two years at Heartland.
Best non-baseball moment: my dad beating cancer.
Other interests: basketball, fishing and boating
Favorite pro team: St. Louis Cardinals
Favorite athlete: LeBron James
Favorite color: orange
Favorite food: meatloaf
Favorite actor: Gerard Butler
Favorite actress: Blake Lively
Favorite movie: Sandlot
Favorite cartoon: Tom & Jerry
Favorite TV show: Two and a Half Men with Charlie Sheen.
Favorite musician: Brantley Gilbert
Favorite book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Mode of transportation: Chevrolet Malibu
First job: concrete worker
Vacation spot: Hawaii
Motto: “Work hard. Play harder.’’
Terre Haute vs. Danville
When — 6:30 p.m.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults, $3 for school-age children
Promotion — It’s the annual “At Bat for the Cure.” Fans are encouraged to “Paint the Park Pink” by wearing pink to the game in support of breast cancer awareness. Presence United Samaritans Medical Center Foundation volunteers will be selling commemorative pink balloons for release in a tribute ceremony prior to the game. Proceeds from the sale benefit the New Horizon Breast Cancer Support Group
Special event — Presence USMC, McLane and Iroquois Federal will be sponsoring a fireworks program after the game.
Probable starting pitchers — Terre Haute: TBD; Danville: LHP Troy Conyers (2-0, 0.00 ERA).
— Chad Dare/Commercial-News
- Total team effort reigns supreme Balanced Ironmen attack takes down Vikings, Smith Total team effort reigns supreme BY CHAD DARE email@example.com
- Trojans go to the inside to defeat Mustangs Trojans go to the inside to defeat Mustangs BY AARON PATTERSON firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tigers step things up on defense FITHIAN -- As the second half started Westville Tigers steps up the pressure defense against the Oakwood Comets and went on a 11-0 run to extend the lead to 19 points over a three and a half minute span to clinch a 57-42 win on Friday. "I feel that
- Blue Devils pull ahead to get win over Sages BISMARCK -- The Bismarck-Henning boys basketball team took over Friday's game with Monticello with a 15-5 second quarter and would go on to win 63-53. Andy Bott had 27 points for the Blue Devils, while Chase Swinford and Dylan Allen each had 11 point
- Friday's Sports Scores PREP BOYS BASKETBALL At Normal Normal Community 64, Danville 49 Danville (49) -- Victor Askew 0-0 0-0 0, Colin Bailey 3-5 0-0 9, Denzel Smith 8-14 4-4 22, Kylen Butler 4-15 0-0 9, Jarhed Watson 4-8 0-0 9, Anthony Thomas 0-0 0-2 0, Aubrey Duncan 0-0 0
- Hilltoppers turn to defense BISMARCK -- Schlarman Academy girls basketball coach Keith Peoples didn't like what he was seeing on Thursday night against Bismarck-Henning. So, Peoples took his first timeout just 53 seconds into the second quarter with the Hilltoppers trailing the
- Patriots try to wrestle early kinks out in first match WEST LEBANON, Ind. - Early-season matches in wrestling are much like those in other sports where the outcome is secondary to learning what works and what needs work. Seeger hosted Covington and the Patriots had seven pins, one major decision and one
- Gritton steps down as Danville baseball coach DANVILLE -- For 12 years, Gary Gritton could handle the time put in leading the Danville High School baseball team and being a history teacher. But on Thursday, Gritton chose teaching for good and resigned as Danville's baseball coach. "The big thing
- Early season challenge COVINGTON, Ind. -- Just two weeks into the boys basketball season and the Wabash River Conference already has a pivotal matchup this Friday night. The Fountain Central Mustangs (1-0) will travel to Covington to face the 1-0 Trojans in not only a big
- Nelson Jr. rolls a perfect game in McHarry's League Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and you are not wobbling too much on the approach. Let's get right to this week's league reports. Saturday Night's McHarry's League had some great scores this past week. Many with 50 or more pins over their a
- More Sports Headlines