Position: right-handed pitcher
College: University of Pennsylvania
Weight: 205 pounds
Family: father, Steve Holtz; mother, Wendy Holtz; brother, Zack Holtz; brother, Jordan Holtz; brother, Trent Holtz; and sister, Chloe Holtz.
Host family: Andrea and Paul Calamari.
2013 statistics: was 1-0 with a 2.08 ERA in 26 innings with 13 strikes and just seven walks.
Best baseball moment: hitting three home runs in a high school game for Aurora Christian.
Best non-baseball moment: winning the IHSA Class 3A State Football Championship in my senior year at Aurora Christian
Other interests: Golf, music and movies.
Favorite pro team: Chicago Cubs
Favorite athlete: Josh Hamilton
Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: chicken parmesan
Favorite actor: Denzel Washington
Favorite actress: Jessica Alba
Favorite movie: Cinderella Man
Favorite TV show: Family Guy
Favorite musicial group: Jack Johnson
Mode of transportation: Chevy Cobalt
First job: teacher’s assistant in a special needs class.
Vacation spot: La Jolla, Calif.
Motto: “Go big or go home.’’
Terre Haute vs. Danville
When — 6:30 p.m.
Where — Danville Stadium
Ticket prices — $6 for adults, $3 for school-age children
Promotion — It’s a triple-play Wednesday at Danville Stadium. For $9, an individual gets admission to the game, a hot dog and a drink.
Probable starting pitchers — Terre Haute: LHP Kyle Zimmerman (1-0, 0.00 ERA); Danville: RHP Evan Dunn (0-0, 0.00 ERA).
- Mustangs advance to sectional final VEEDERSBURG, Ind. - Fountain Central had a strong start, got a big lead and fought off a tenacious Seeger boys' basketball team to advance to the championship game of 2A Sectional 38 with a 67-45 win. The Mustangs jumped out to a quick 9-2 lead then
- Falcons fall to Rox CAYUGA, Ind. -- In a physical IHSAA 1A Boys Basketball Sectional semifinal, the North Vermillion boys basketball team lost to Wabash River Conference rival Rockville 61-53 on Friday at North Vermillion High School. Rockville came out with an aggressi
- Jaguars lose in playoffs LINCOLN -- The Danville Area Community College men's basketball team's season ended on Friday with a 80-77 loss to Lincoln College in the Region 24 playoffs. DACC coach DaJuan Gouard said the game represented the theme of the season. "We were up by e
- Illini hope for strong ending IOWA CITY -- The Illinois men's basketball team got themselves back into postseason consideration with three straight wins thanks to a suffocating defense. But the Michigan Wolverines, the outright champions of the Big Ten Conference, sliced through
- Friday's Local Scores At Normal Community IHSA Class 4A Regional Championship Normal Community 71, Danville 42 Normal Community (71) -- Grant Donath 1-4 0-1 2, Zac Thompson 3-6 0-0 9, Alex Peacock 12-16 1-1 25, Duane Farrington 4-5 2-2 12, Tyler Seibring 7-11 7-7 23, Davi
- Ironmen squash Vikings' dreams NORMAL -- The worst fears for Danville boys basketball coach Ted Houpt came true on Friday night. The Vikings, trying to win their first regional title since 2001, ran into a wall -- the Normal Community Ironmen wall of defense. Junior forwards Alex
- Vikings try to reverse history NORMAL -- Philosopher George Santayana had a famous quote, "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'' And while that is true for the most part, there are numerous examples during this time of the year, "March Madness" where the
- OUTDOORS COLUMN: Licenses are now available Outdoor enthusiasts are reminded that Illinois' new license year begins April 1. Illinois fishing, hunting and sportsman combination licenses for 2014 are available from DNR Direct license and permit vendors, online through the IDNR web site www.dnr
- Local Calendar TODAY Prep Boys Basketball IHSAA Class 2A Fountain Central Sectional 38: Seeger vs. Fountain Central, 5 p.m. IHSAA Class A North Vermillion Sectional 53: Rockville vs. North Vermillion, 5 p.m. IHSAA Class 2A Fountain Central Sectional 38: Clinton Cen
- No Headline Provided MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL Big Ten Glance Conf. Overall W L W L Michigan 14 3 22 7 Wisconsin 12 5 25 5 Michigan State 12 5 23 7 Nebraska 10 7 18 11 Iowa 9 8 20 10 Ohio State 9 8 22 8 Minnesota 7 10 18 12 Indiana 7 10 17 13 Illinois 6 11 17 13 Penn
- More Sports Headlines