VANDALIA, Mo. —
Joyce N. Hesse, 77, of Vandalia, Mo., passed away Sunday, June 23, 2013, at Boone Hospital Center of Columbia, Mo.
Services will begin at 11 a.m. Friday, June 28, at First Presbyterian Church in Vandalia, Mo., with the Rev. Randall Cone officiating.
Joyce was born July 25, 1935, in Hutchinson, Kan., to Eldon E. and Leona M. Newlin Fast.
She married Theodore “Ted” A. Hesse on April 16, 1953, in Hutchinson, Kan., and he survives.
Joyce graduated from Hutchison High School in Hutchinson, Kan. She lived most of her life in Vandalia, Mo.
She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Vandalia, Eastern Star and Monday Study Club. She loved to flower garden, but her family was most important.
Survivors include her husband, Ted, of Vandalia, Mo.; a son, Mark A. Hesse and wife, Deborah, of Danville; three daughters, Deborah Barry and husband, Timothy, of Somers, Conn., Lona Oostdyk and husband, Garrett, of Mahomet, and Jean Ann Greene and husband Matt, of Springdale, Ark.; two sisters, Jean E. May and husband, Bob, of Topeka, Kan., and Joan M. Tolar and husband, Robert, of Hutchinson, Kan.; 12 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Memorials may be given to Cancer Research Center, 3501 Berrywood Dr., Columbia, MO 65201, or First Presbyterian Church in Vandalia, Mo.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.parkerfuneralservice.com.
VANDALIA, Mo. —
- LOIS L. HOSKINS INDIANOLA - Lois L. Hoskins, 80, of Indianola, passed away at 8:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at her home. Lois was born on Dec. 6, 1933, in Catlin, the daughter of Harry "Red" and Jennie M. (Buckellew) Anderson. She married James Hoskins on Jan. 18,
- Sheila Cornelius Sheila Cornelius, 66, of Covington, Ind., passed away at 6:25 a.m. EST Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at The Waters of Covington. She was born on April 4, 1947, in Danville, Ill., the daughter of Walter and Louisa (McMasters) Swim. She will be deeply misse
- Ruby Irene Miller Ruby Irene Miller, 90, of Hoopeston, passed away at 12:55 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013 at Heritage Health Therapy and Senior Care in Hoopeston. She was born Oct. 1, 1923, in Beaumont, Ky., the daughter of Claude M. and Anna (Pennington) Shaw. Ruby mar
- Betty Jean (Elam) Boyd Betty Jean (Elam) Boyd, 83, of Tilton, passed away at 7:21 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at her home.
- David H. Teegarden Sr. David H. Teegarden Sr., 72, of Rossville, passed away at 12:04 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana. David was born Feb. 22, 1941, in Rossville, the son of Hubert Martin and Mary (Barragree) Teegarden. He married Beverl
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Ashley Orlea White of Danville sends hearts "to Sunset Memorial Gardens for giving us a safe place to walk and to all who donated and participated in making the Miscarriage an
- Maxine Williams Maxine Williams, 89, of Hoopeston, passed away at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at her home at Autumn Fields Adult Community in Hoopeston. She was born June 3, 1924, near Hoopeston, the daughter of Roy T. and Ruth (Crain) Lee. She married Russell W
- Kenneth Rudd WESTVILLE -- Kenneth Rudd, 78, of Westville, passed away at 9:50 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana. He was born June 13, 1935, in Catlin, the son of Pearl Webster. Survivors include three sons, Danny (Ann) Rudd of Wes
- Kenneth Nolan Kenneth Nolan, 64, of Westville, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana. He was born June 28, 1949, in Williamsport, Ind., the son of William Grant and Betty Lou (Kinny) Nolan. Kenneth married Louise Bean on Dec. 30
- Russell Shaw Jr. Russell Shaw Jr., 79, of Florida and originally from the Westville area, passed away peacefully Monday, Dec. 2, 2013. He was born Sept. 13, 1934, to Russell and Gertrude Shaw, both deceased. Russ was a Chartered Life Underwriter and Financial Plannin
- More Obituaries Headlines