VANDALIA, Mo. —
Joyce N. Hesse, 77, of Vandalia, Mo., passed away Sunday, June 23, 2013, at Boone Hospital Center of Columbia, Mo.
Services will begin at 11 a.m. Friday, June 28, at First Presbyterian Church in Vandalia, Mo., with the Rev. Randall Cone officiating.
Joyce was born July 25, 1935, in Hutchinson, Kan., to Eldon E. and Leona M. Newlin Fast.
She married Theodore “Ted” A. Hesse on April 16, 1953, in Hutchinson, Kan., and he survives.
Joyce graduated from Hutchison High School in Hutchinson, Kan. She lived most of her life in Vandalia, Mo.
She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Vandalia, Eastern Star and Monday Study Club. She loved to flower garden, but her family was most important.
Survivors include her husband, Ted, of Vandalia, Mo.; a son, Mark A. Hesse and wife, Deborah, of Danville; three daughters, Deborah Barry and husband, Timothy, of Somers, Conn., Lona Oostdyk and husband, Garrett, of Mahomet, and Jean Ann Greene and husband Matt, of Springdale, Ark.; two sisters, Jean E. May and husband, Bob, of Topeka, Kan., and Joan M. Tolar and husband, Robert, of Hutchinson, Kan.; 12 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Memorials may be given to Cancer Research Center, 3501 Berrywood Dr., Columbia, MO 65201, or First Presbyterian Church in Vandalia, Mo.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.parkerfuneralservice.com.
VANDALIA, Mo. —
- lois haines Lois Haines, 86, of Danville, passed away on April 16, 2014. She was born Sept. 8, 1927, in Chicago, the daughter of Raymond and Tora (Almgrahm) Johnson. She married Robert Haines Sr. on May 14, 1949, in Chrystal Lake. She is survived by her husband
- Eugene Kirk Douglas Eugene Kirk Douglas, 86, of rural Kingman, passed away at 4:48 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at St. Elizabeth East Hospital in Lafayette, Ind. Mr. Douglas was born Sept. 14, 1927, in Stone Bluff, Ind., the son of Everett H. and Cecil (Butts) Douglas
- faith larue emery Faith LaRue Emery, 50, of Danville, passed away at 12:11 p.m. Monday, April 14, 2014, at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center in Danville. Per her wishes Faith will be cremated and no public services will be held. Faith was born May 10, 1963, t
- Garlin M. Gossar DANVILLE — Garlin M. Gossar, 59, of Danville, passed away on April 17, 2014. He was born Jan. 19, 1955, in Danville, the son of Garlin and Vernice (Dalton) Gossar.
- Freda M. Smith DANVILLE — Freda M. Smith, 88, of Danville, passed this life at 7:41 a.m. Sunday, April 13, 2014, at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center.
- James 'Jimmy' Frazier Jr. WESTVILLE — James “Jimmy” Frazier Jr., 18, of Westville, passed away at 5:27 p.m. on Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Presence Mercy Medical Center, Aurora.
- Mary Juanita Cintella WESTVILLE — Mary Juanita Cintella, 98, of Westville, passed away at 11:15 p.m. April 16, 2014, at North Logan Health Care, Danville.
- Martha Boucier-Henry Martha Boucier-Henry, 80, of Danville, went to be with her Lord on April 15, 2014.
- William C. 'Bill' Church CATLIN — William C. “Bill” Church, 87, a lifelong Catlin resident and farmer, passed away peacefully at 3:55 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, in the emergency room at Carle Hospital, Urbana.
Mildred Bowers, 87, of Oakwood, passed away April 9, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines