VANDALIA, Mo. —
Joyce N. Hesse, 77, of Vandalia, Mo., passed away Sunday, June 23, 2013, at Boone Hospital Center of Columbia, Mo.
Services will begin at 11 a.m. Friday, June 28, at First Presbyterian Church in Vandalia, Mo., with the Rev. Randall Cone officiating.
Joyce was born July 25, 1935, in Hutchinson, Kan., to Eldon E. and Leona M. Newlin Fast.
She married Theodore “Ted” A. Hesse on April 16, 1953, in Hutchinson, Kan., and he survives.
Joyce graduated from Hutchison High School in Hutchinson, Kan. She lived most of her life in Vandalia, Mo.
She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Vandalia, Eastern Star and Monday Study Club. She loved to flower garden, but her family was most important.
Survivors include her husband, Ted, of Vandalia, Mo.; a son, Mark A. Hesse and wife, Deborah, of Danville; three daughters, Deborah Barry and husband, Timothy, of Somers, Conn., Lona Oostdyk and husband, Garrett, of Mahomet, and Jean Ann Greene and husband Matt, of Springdale, Ark.; two sisters, Jean E. May and husband, Bob, of Topeka, Kan., and Joan M. Tolar and husband, Robert, of Hutchinson, Kan.; 12 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Memorials may be given to Cancer Research Center, 3501 Berrywood Dr., Columbia, MO 65201, or First Presbyterian Church in Vandalia, Mo.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.parkerfuneralservice.com.
VANDALIA, Mo. —
- Bruce 'Big Bruce' Lee Eldridge ROSSVILLE — Bruce “Big Bruce” Lee Eldridge, 40, of Rossville, passed away at 9:24 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014.
- Mary Anne Arnholt Mary Anne Arnholt, 79, of Danville, passed away on Sunday, March 9, 2014, at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana.
- Ora Davis WESTVILLE -- Ora Davis, 88, of Westville, passed away at 8:42 a.m. Monday, March 10, 2014, at Colonial Manor, Danville. She was born April 8, 1925, in Mattoon, Ill., the daughter of James Franklin and Elsie May (Eldridge) Martin. Ora married Jay M. D
- Hubert Leroy Jordan DANVILLE — Hubert Leroy Jordan, 64, of Danville, passed away Sunday, March 9, 2014, at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center in Danville.
- Darrell Lee Reynolds WEST LEBANON, Ind. — Darrell Lee Reynolds, age 81, of West Lebanon, Ind., died at 8:27 a.m. on Sunday, March 9, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Richard B. Martin DANVILLE — Richard B. Martin, 71, of Danville, passed away at 9:58 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, in the emergency room at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center in Danville.
- Dorothy Ashby Dorothy Ashby, 96, of Danville, passed away at 11:08 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Presence United Samaritans medical Center, Danville. She was born Dec. 31, 1917, in St. Petersburg, Fla., the daughter of Ernest and Lucy (Redden) Green. She marrie
- Mary Ann (Smith) Astell WEST LEBANON, Ind. — Mary Ann (Smith) Astell, age 91, of West Lebanon, Ind., died at 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Williamsport Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.
- Terra Dillon Terra Dillon, 47, of Danville left this life at 5:25 p.m. on Thursday, March 6, 2014, at her residence. Terra was born Jan. 8, 1967, in Lafayette, Ind. She was the daughter of Terry and Tomma McBride Craycraft. Terra married Lance Dillon on Aug. 27,
- Joyce M. Adams Joyce M. Adams, 73, of Danville, passed away on March 7, 2014. She was born July 9, 1940, in Danville, the daughter of John C. and Irene Chastain Crowell. She is survived by her sons, Wade (Mary) Adams and Lincoln (Paige) Adams; her sisters, Betty (G
- More Obituaries Headlines