PARKER, Colo. —
Joseph Chris Ronto, loving husband of Melanie (Hatton), Parker, Colo., and son of Sue and the late Joseph Ronto, of Danville, passed away at the age of 60 on Dec. 8, 2012, of cardiac arrest after a long illness.
Beloved brother of Susan (Ronnie) Warrick of Williamsport, Ind., Brian (Melissa) Ronto and Curtis (Julie) Ronto, of Danville, Craig Ronto of Las Vegas, Nev., Carol Adkisson of Indianapolis, Cheryl (Bill) Miller of Parker, Colo., brother-in-law of Natalie (Dale) Karn of Carlsbad, Calif., and loving uncle of all his nieces and nephews. He is greatly missed.
Growing up in Danville, Chris played summer baseball from Little League through Pony League on teams coached by his father. He attended Danville High School and participated in tennis, graduating in 1970. He then attended Danville Junior College before entering the Army National Guard.
He was employed by Berry Bearing in Danville and managed his own store for Berry Bearing in Champaign/Urbana before moving to Denver, Colo., in 1977. He continued working in the bearing industry until 2003. During his career, he received recognition through numerous awards for his service and expertise in his field. Unfortunately, he was forced to retire early due to a crippling form of arthritis and later contracted the debilitating West Nile Virus.
Chris and Melanie were married in April of 1993 at the Turtle Bay Hilton on the north shore of Oahu, Hawaii. They’ve had two golden retrievers, Silka, their “only child,” and then Annie, whom they have spoiled for five years. In Chris’ words, “Silka saved my life, and Annie kept me going.”
Chris enjoyed sports and was an avid sports fan of the Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears and the Colorado Rockies. He loved cars (especially Corvettes), fishing, gardening, listening to the music of The Eagles, and was an amazing chef, for which Chris would proudly agree.
Chris was preceded in death by his father, Joseph, and his precious golden retriever Silka.
Go to www.habic.cahs.colostate.edu regarding contributions in his memory. Chris so loved dogs that he wanted other people’s lives to be touched and enriched by dogs as was his with Silka and Annie.
Chris’ Book of Memories online tribute can be found at www.pfh-co.com.
PARKER, Colo. —
- Melvin Dee 'Butch' Hathaway Jr. Melvin Dee “Butch” Hathaway, 68, of Brandenton, Fla., passed away of a heart attack Saturday, July 26, 2014. Born in 1945 in Danville, Butch was one of five children born to Melvin Dee Hathaway Sr. and Margaret (Jones) Hathaway, both of whom preceded
- Norma J. Beauvois Norma J. Beauvois, 68, of Oakwood, passed away Tuesday July 29, 2014, at home.Norma was born April 3, 1946, the daughter of Jack and Esther Boyd.Norma will be sadly missed by her husband, Robert Beauvois; son, John Beauvois of Farmer City; her daught
- Floyd Russell Lomax Sr. TILTON — Floyd Russell Lomax Sr., 64, passed away at his home in Tilton on July 30, 2014. Floyd was met at the gates of heaven by his wife, brothers, parents and grandson to welcome him into heaven.Floyd was born the son of Paul and Beverley (Brannin
- Georgia Kathleen "Kathy" Tucker Georgia Kathleen “Kathy” Tucker, 70, of Alvin, Ill., passed away at 9:53 p.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Presence Covenant Medical Center, Urbana.She was born April 21, 1944, in Oroville, Calif., a daughter of George S. and Jeana (Wolford) Meyer.Kathy
Kathryn "Kay" Morris
Kathryn “Kay” Morris of Zionsville, Ind., died July 27, 2014, surrounded by her children at her home after a short, yet courageous battle with cancer. She had a kind, loving spirit and will be missed dearly by her family members and friends.Born in 1
Paula A. 'Penny' Smith
Paula A. “Penny” Smith, 67, of Westville, passed away at 8:21 a.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at Pleasant Meadows Senior Living, Chrisman.She was born April 1, 1947, the daughter of Leon and Ann (Balskus) LaSage, both deceased.She was united in marriage
- Sandra 'Rita Jean' Chrzanoski Sandra “Rita Jean” Chrzanoski, 62, of Danville, passed away at 7:10 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana. Sandra was born on July 4, 1952, in Danville to Harold and Mary (Zimmerman) Nicholson Sr. She was married to Raymo
- Laurie A. Lowe Laurie A. Lowe, 52, of Danville, lost her battle with life on Friday, July 25, 2014, at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center, Danville.Per her wishes, Laurie will be cremated and a memorial service is planned for 1 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Pape F
- Sally Joan Knight Sally Joan Knight, 81, of Danville, passed away Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at Gardenview Manor. Per her wishes, Sally will be cremated and no public services will be held.Sally was born on Feb. 19, 1933, in Danville, to Ralph and Marian (Eaglen) Jones.S
- Talmadge Ray "Wimpy" McDaniel COVINGTON, Ind. — Talmadge Ray “Wimpy” McDaniel, 83, of Covington, Ind., died at 3:17 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home with his wife and children by his side.He was born in Winthrop, Ind. on Dec. 5, 1930, the son of Carl and Victoria (Carron
- More Obituaries Headlines