PARKER, Colo. —
Joseph Chris Ronto, loving husband of Melanie (Hatton), Parker, Colo., and son of Sue and the late Joseph Ronto, of Danville, passed away at the age of 60 on Dec. 8, 2012, of cardiac arrest after a long illness.
Beloved brother of Susan (Ronnie) Warrick of Williamsport, Ind., Brian (Melissa) Ronto and Curtis (Julie) Ronto, of Danville, Craig Ronto of Las Vegas, Nev., Carol Adkisson of Indianapolis, Cheryl (Bill) Miller of Parker, Colo., brother-in-law of Natalie (Dale) Karn of Carlsbad, Calif., and loving uncle of all his nieces and nephews. He is greatly missed.
Growing up in Danville, Chris played summer baseball from Little League through Pony League on teams coached by his father. He attended Danville High School and participated in tennis, graduating in 1970. He then attended Danville Junior College before entering the Army National Guard.
He was employed by Berry Bearing in Danville and managed his own store for Berry Bearing in Champaign/Urbana before moving to Denver, Colo., in 1977. He continued working in the bearing industry until 2003. During his career, he received recognition through numerous awards for his service and expertise in his field. Unfortunately, he was forced to retire early due to a crippling form of arthritis and later contracted the debilitating West Nile Virus.
Chris and Melanie were married in April of 1993 at the Turtle Bay Hilton on the north shore of Oahu, Hawaii. They’ve had two golden retrievers, Silka, their “only child,” and then Annie, whom they have spoiled for five years. In Chris’ words, “Silka saved my life, and Annie kept me going.”
Chris enjoyed sports and was an avid sports fan of the Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears and the Colorado Rockies. He loved cars (especially Corvettes), fishing, gardening, listening to the music of The Eagles, and was an amazing chef, for which Chris would proudly agree.
Chris was preceded in death by his father, Joseph, and his precious golden retriever Silka.
Go to www.habic.cahs.colostate.edu regarding contributions in his memory. Chris so loved dogs that he wanted other people’s lives to be touched and enriched by dogs as was his with Silka and Annie.
Chris’ Book of Memories online tribute can be found at www.pfh-co.com.
PARKER, Colo. —
- Terra Dillon Terra Dillon, 47, of Danville left this life at 5:25 p.m. on Thursday, March 6, 2014, at her residence. Terra was born Jan. 8, 1967, in Lafayette, Ind. She was the daughter of Terry and Tomma McBride Craycraft. Terra married Lance Dillon on Aug. 27,
- Joyce M. Adams Joyce M. Adams, 73, of Danville, passed away on March 7, 2014. She was born July 9, 1940, in Danville, the daughter of John C. and Irene Chastain Crowell. She is survived by her sons, Wade (Mary) Adams and Lincoln (Paige) Adams; her sisters, Betty (G
- Anna E. Rademacher Funk Anna E. Rademacher Funk, 79, of Danville, passed away on March 6, 2014. She was born May 16, 1934, in Royal, the daughter of Harm and Martha Pollman Rademacher. She married Taylor Funk on April 15, 1956, at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Danville. She i
- Trinidad 'Trini' Garnica EVANSVILLE, Ind. — Trinidad “Trini” Garnica, 70, went home to heaven peacefully on Sunday, Feb. 23, 2014, at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Ind.
- Vera Toler DANVILLE -- Vera Toler, 93, of Danville passed away at 7:45 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center, Danville. She was born May 17, 1920, in Casey, Ill., the daughter of William Henry and LuLa Belle (Huffman) Beasle
Fern A. Baldwin
DANVILLE — Fern A. Baldwin, 87, of Catlin, died March 1, 2014.
- Lilian May Connelly Lilian May Connelly, 100, of Danville, left this life on March 3, 2014, at North Logan Healthcare Center in Danville.
- John Irby Sammons Jr. HALLS, Tenn. — John Irby Sammons Jr., age 66, of Halls, Tenn., died Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at Dyersburg Regional Hospital of Dyersburg, Tenn.
- Dorothy E. Dickelman DANVILLE — Dorothy E. Dickelman, 99, of Danville, passed away on March 4, 2014.
- Benjamin B. Thatcher HILLERY — Benjamin B. Thatcher, 88, of Hillery, passed away at 1 a.m. Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at Gardenview Manor in Danville.
- More Obituaries Headlines