CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. —
Matthew W. Strader, beloved husband, father and brother, passed away Monday, Jan. 21, 2013, in Chambersburg, Pa., after struggling briefly with a rare condition, Amyloidosis.
He was the son of John and Patricia Strader, deceased.
Matt was born in Danville and graduated from Danville High School in 1978. He went on to attend Mississippi State University at Starksville, with a specialty in turf management.
During his career as a golf course superintendent, he worked at Edgemont Country Club in Ridley Park, Pa., Melrose Country Club in Melrose, Pa., Huntington Valley Country Club in Huntington Valley, Pa., Penn National Country Club in Fayetteville, Pa., and Hidden Creek Country Club in Reston, Va.
Matt is survived by his wife, Kimberley Strader; and their four sons, Jeremy Drake of Gainesville, Fla., Joshua Drake of Berkley, Calif., Christopher Strader of Chambersburg, Pa., and David Strader of Chambersburg, Pa. Matt has 10 surviving siblings including his twin, Steve (Debbie) Strader, of Danville, Michael (Brenda) Strader of Decatur, Judith (Jerry) Glatz of Las Vegas, Nev., Cody Miller of Danville, George (Terry) Strader of Davenport, Iowa, Kevin (Vicki March) Strader of Brooklyn, N.Y., Paul (Lou) Strader of Santa Ana, Calif., Jeff (Janet) Strader of St. Louis, Mo., Andrew (Mary) Strader of Mission Viejo, Calif., and Melissa (Brian) Ronto of Danville.
He will be sadly missed by all, including several nieces, nephews and great friends.
The family requests that any remembrances be given in care of the Matthew W. Strader Memorial c/o Susquehanna Bank, 801 Norland Ave., Chambersburg, PA 17201.
An open house in tribute to Matt’s life will be 2-6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, at Main Street Bar & Grill in Danville.
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. —
- William C. 'Bill' Church CATLIN — William C. “Bill” Church, 87, a lifelong Catlin resident and farmer, passed away peacefully at 3:55 a.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, in the emergency room at Carle Hospital, Urbana.
- Mildred Bowers DANVILLE — Mildred Bowers, 87, of Oakwood, passed away April 9, 2014.
- Charles R. 'Chuck' Todd DANVILLE -- Charles R. "Chuck" Todd, 62, of Danville, passed away at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at Presence Medical Center in Danville. He was born April 7, 1952, in Urbana, to Charles R. and Marion E. Koontz Todd Sr. He married Teresa Huddleson
- Virginia Hicks DANVILLE — Virginia Hicks, 95, of Oakwood, passed away on April 15, 2014.
- Wendall 'Barney' Wise DANVILLE — Wendall “Barney” Wise, 91, of Danville, passed away on April 14, 2014.
- Helen Corene Haywood Mother Helen Corene (Butler) Haywood, 95, of Danville, went home to be with her Lord and Savior at 3 a.m. on April 9, 2014.
- Sarah Virginia Hope Shutes Barnett TILTON -- Sarah Virginia Hope Shutes Barnett, 92, of Tilton, passed away at 4:33 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at I.U. Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Virginia was born Sept. 22, 1921, in Montezuma, Ind., the daughter of Lelia Edith Watts and Fra
- Merret B. Sanders CATLIN -- Merret B. Sanders, 90, of Catlin passed away Sunday, April 13, 2014, at Presence Covenant Medical Center, Urbana. He was born June 25, 1923, in Keenes, Ill., to Ray and Zelma Sanders. He married Frances R. Logan on June 12, 1949, in rural L
- David (Digger) O'Dell David (Digger) O'Dell passed away at home on Friday, April 11, 2014, at the age of 60. Born May 15, 1953, David lived in Danville, Ill., until moving to Covington, La., in 2004. He was an employee of Covington Super Wal-Mart, and formerly employed by
- Lea Tinder DANVILLE -- Lea Tinder, 71, of Alvin, passed away Monday, April 14, 2014. She was born Nov. 3, 1942, in Danville, the daughter of Albert and Peg Rusk Lyons. She married Gerald Lee Reese on April 21, 1959, in Danville. He has since preceded her in dea
- More Obituaries Headlines