CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. —
Matthew W. Strader, beloved husband, father and brother, passed away Monday, Jan. 21, 2013, in Chambersburg, Pa., after struggling briefly with a rare condition, Amyloidosis.
He was the son of John and Patricia Strader, deceased.
Matt was born in Danville and graduated from Danville High School in 1978. He went on to attend Mississippi State University at Starksville, with a specialty in turf management.
During his career as a golf course superintendent, he worked at Edgemont Country Club in Ridley Park, Pa., Melrose Country Club in Melrose, Pa., Huntington Valley Country Club in Huntington Valley, Pa., Penn National Country Club in Fayetteville, Pa., and Hidden Creek Country Club in Reston, Va.
Matt is survived by his wife, Kimberley Strader; and their four sons, Jeremy Drake of Gainesville, Fla., Joshua Drake of Berkley, Calif., Christopher Strader of Chambersburg, Pa., and David Strader of Chambersburg, Pa. Matt has 10 surviving siblings including his twin, Steve (Debbie) Strader, of Danville, Michael (Brenda) Strader of Decatur, Judith (Jerry) Glatz of Las Vegas, Nev., Cody Miller of Danville, George (Terry) Strader of Davenport, Iowa, Kevin (Vicki March) Strader of Brooklyn, N.Y., Paul (Lou) Strader of Santa Ana, Calif., Jeff (Janet) Strader of St. Louis, Mo., Andrew (Mary) Strader of Mission Viejo, Calif., and Melissa (Brian) Ronto of Danville.
He will be sadly missed by all, including several nieces, nephews and great friends.
The family requests that any remembrances be given in care of the Matthew W. Strader Memorial c/o Susquehanna Bank, 801 Norland Ave., Chambersburg, PA 17201.
An open house in tribute to Matt’s life will be 2-6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, at Main Street Bar & Grill in Danville.
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. —
- Betty Donovan TILTON — Betty Donovan, 88, of Tilton, died on March 10, 2014, at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center in Danville.
- Betty Lou Corey LONGVIEW, Texas — Betty Lou Corey, 90, of Longview, Texas, died at 3:15 a.m. Monday, March 11, 2014, at Good Shepherd Hospital, Longview.
- Marvin Cole Marvin Cole, 88, of Danville, passed away on March 10, 2014.
- Bruce 'Big Bruce' Lee Eldridge ROSSVILLE — Bruce “Big Bruce” Lee Eldridge, 40, of Rossville, passed away at 9:24 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014.
- Mary Anne Arnholt Mary Anne Arnholt, 79, of Danville, passed away on Sunday, March 9, 2014, at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana.
- Ora Davis WESTVILLE -- Ora Davis, 88, of Westville, passed away at 8:42 a.m. Monday, March 10, 2014, at Colonial Manor, Danville. She was born April 8, 1925, in Mattoon, Ill., the daughter of James Franklin and Elsie May (Eldridge) Martin. Ora married Jay M. D
- Hubert Leroy Jordan DANVILLE — Hubert Leroy Jordan, 64, of Danville, passed away Sunday, March 9, 2014, at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center in Danville.
- Darrell Lee Reynolds WEST LEBANON, Ind. — Darrell Lee Reynolds, age 81, of West Lebanon, Ind., died at 8:27 a.m. on Sunday, March 9, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Richard B. Martin DANVILLE — Richard B. Martin, 71, of Danville, passed away at 9:58 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, in the emergency room at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center in Danville.
- Mary Ann (Smith) Astell WEST LEBANON, Ind. — Mary Ann (Smith) Astell, age 91, of West Lebanon, Ind., died at 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Williamsport Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.
- More Obituaries Headlines