CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. —
Matthew W. Strader, beloved husband, father and brother, passed away Monday, Jan. 21, 2013, in Chambersburg, Pa., after struggling briefly with a rare condition, Amyloidosis.
He was the son of John and Patricia Strader, deceased.
Matt was born in Danville and graduated from Danville High School in 1978. He went on to attend Mississippi State University at Starksville, with a specialty in turf management.
During his career as a golf course superintendent, he worked at Edgemont Country Club in Ridley Park, Pa., Melrose Country Club in Melrose, Pa., Huntington Valley Country Club in Huntington Valley, Pa., Penn National Country Club in Fayetteville, Pa., and Hidden Creek Country Club in Reston, Va.
Matt is survived by his wife, Kimberley Strader; and their four sons, Jeremy Drake of Gainesville, Fla., Joshua Drake of Berkley, Calif., Christopher Strader of Chambersburg, Pa., and David Strader of Chambersburg, Pa. Matt has 10 surviving siblings including his twin, Steve (Debbie) Strader, of Danville, Michael (Brenda) Strader of Decatur, Judith (Jerry) Glatz of Las Vegas, Nev., Cody Miller of Danville, George (Terry) Strader of Davenport, Iowa, Kevin (Vicki March) Strader of Brooklyn, N.Y., Paul (Lou) Strader of Santa Ana, Calif., Jeff (Janet) Strader of St. Louis, Mo., Andrew (Mary) Strader of Mission Viejo, Calif., and Melissa (Brian) Ronto of Danville.
He will be sadly missed by all, including several nieces, nephews and great friends.
The family requests that any remembrances be given in care of the Matthew W. Strader Memorial c/o Susquehanna Bank, 801 Norland Ave., Chambersburg, PA 17201.
An open house in tribute to Matt’s life will be 2-6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, at Main Street Bar & Grill in Danville.
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. —
- Wilma Mae (Dixon) Gilbert ST. JOSEPH — Wilma Mae (Dixon) Gilbert, age 98, of St. Joseph, and formerly of Scottland, Ill., went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013, at Heartland Manor Care in Champaign.
- Randall J. Stone OAKWOOD — Randall J. Stone, 62, of Oakwood, passed away at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana.
Margaret 'Peggy' E. Lanham Haught
Margaret "Peggy" E. Lanham Haught, 95, of Danville, formerly of Potomac, passed away at 9:35 p.m., Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at Colonial Manor Nursing Home.
Donald 'Shorty' Duncan
“Shorty” Duncan, 95, of Tilton, passed away on Dec. 6, 2013, at Colonial Manor Nursing Home in Danville.
- Robert 'Bob' Maurice Thomas Robert “Bob” Maurice Thomas, 77, of Rossville, passed away at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013, at Presence Covenant Hospital in Champaign.
- Henry J. Schaeffhold WESTVILLE — Henry J. Schaeffhold, 95, of Westville, passed away at 2:50 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at the Gardenview Nursing Home in Danville.
- Donald G. Lucas DANVILLE — Donald G. Lucas, age 84, formerly of Danville, Ill., passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, in Knoxville, Tenn.
- Lois A Perry GEORGETOWN -- Lois A. Perry, 94, of Georgetown, passed away at 2:03 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at Pleasant Meadows Christian Village in Chrisman. She was born Jan. 30, 1919, in Tuscola, the daughter of Harry J. and Frances Schoppe Seip. She married
- Christy Jo Williamson Christy Jo Williamson, 56, of Danville, passed away at 4:26 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at her home.
- LOIS L. HOSKINS INDIANOLA - Lois L. Hoskins, 80, of Indianola, passed away at 8:45 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at her home. Lois was born on Dec. 6, 1933, in Catlin, the daughter of Harry "Red" and Jennie M. (Buckellew) Anderson. She married James Hoskins on Jan. 18,
- More Obituaries Headlines