CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. —
Matthew W. Strader, beloved husband, father and brother, passed away Monday, Jan. 21, 2013, in Chambersburg, Pa., after struggling briefly with a rare condition, Amyloidosis.
He was the son of John and Patricia Strader, deceased.
Matt was born in Danville and graduated from Danville High School in 1978. He went on to attend Mississippi State University at Starksville, with a specialty in turf management.
During his career as a golf course superintendent, he worked at Edgemont Country Club in Ridley Park, Pa., Melrose Country Club in Melrose, Pa., Huntington Valley Country Club in Huntington Valley, Pa., Penn National Country Club in Fayetteville, Pa., and Hidden Creek Country Club in Reston, Va.
Matt is survived by his wife, Kimberley Strader; and their four sons, Jeremy Drake of Gainesville, Fla., Joshua Drake of Berkley, Calif., Christopher Strader of Chambersburg, Pa., and David Strader of Chambersburg, Pa. Matt has 10 surviving siblings including his twin, Steve (Debbie) Strader, of Danville, Michael (Brenda) Strader of Decatur, Judith (Jerry) Glatz of Las Vegas, Nev., Cody Miller of Danville, George (Terry) Strader of Davenport, Iowa, Kevin (Vicki March) Strader of Brooklyn, N.Y., Paul (Lou) Strader of Santa Ana, Calif., Jeff (Janet) Strader of St. Louis, Mo., Andrew (Mary) Strader of Mission Viejo, Calif., and Melissa (Brian) Ronto of Danville.
He will be sadly missed by all, including several nieces, nephews and great friends.
The family requests that any remembrances be given in care of the Matthew W. Strader Memorial c/o Susquehanna Bank, 801 Norland Ave., Chambersburg, PA 17201.
An open house in tribute to Matt’s life will be 2-6 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27, at Main Street Bar & Grill in Danville.
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. —
- Georgia Kathleen "Kathy" Tucker Georgia Kathleen “Kathy” Tucker, 70, of Alvin, Ill., passed away at 9:53 p.m. Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Presence Covenant Medical Center, Urbana.She was born April 21, 1944, in Oroville, Calif., a daughter of George S. and Jeana (Wolford) Meyer.Kathy
- Kathryn "Kay" Morris Kathryn “Kay” Morris of Zionsville, Ind., died July 27, 2014, surrounded by her children at her home after a short, yet courageous battle with cancer. She had a kind, loving spirit and will be missed dearly by her family members and friends.Born in 1
- Paula A. 'Penny' Smith Paula A. “Penny” Smith, 67, of Westville, passed away at 8:21 a.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at Pleasant Meadows Senior Living, Chrisman.She was born April 1, 1947, the daughter of Leon and Ann (Balskus) LaSage, both deceased.She was united in marriage
- Sandra 'Rita Jean' Chrzanoski Sandra “Rita Jean” Chrzanoski, 62, of Danville, passed away at 7:10 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana. Sandra was born on July 4, 1952, in Danville to Harold and Mary (Zimmerman) Nicholson Sr. She was married to Raymo
- Laurie A. Lowe Laurie A. Lowe, 52, of Danville, lost her battle with life on Friday, July 25, 2014, at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center, Danville.Per her wishes, Laurie will be cremated and a memorial service is planned for 1 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Pape F
- Sally Joan Knight Sally Joan Knight, 81, of Danville, passed away Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at Gardenview Manor. Per her wishes, Sally will be cremated and no public services will be held.Sally was born on Feb. 19, 1933, in Danville, to Ralph and Marian (Eaglen) Jones.S
- Talmadge Ray "Wimpy" McDaniel COVINGTON, Ind. — Talmadge Ray “Wimpy” McDaniel, 83, of Covington, Ind., died at 3:17 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his home with his wife and children by his side.He was born in Winthrop, Ind. on Dec. 5, 1930, the son of Carl and Victoria (Carron
- Vera E. Pickett Vera E. Pickett, of Veedersburg, Ind., passed away on her 80th birthday, Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center in Danville.Mrs. Pickett was born July 27, 1934, in Sumiton, Ala., the daughter of Olin and Pearley (Robbins)
- Donna K. Orlea Donna K. Orlea, 66, of Danville, passed away at 3:24 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center in Danville.Donna was born Jan. 7, 1948, the daughter of Carl and Audrey Irene (Hanson) Ganley.Donna will be missed by her d
- BOBBY LEX THOMAS LADOGA, Ind. — Bobby Lex Thomas, 66, passed away at 3:55 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his residence in Ladoga, Ind.Thomas was born May 20, 1948, in Williamsport, Ind., the son of Orie Lex Thomas and Margie (Milburg) Etchison.He married Vicki L. B
- More Obituaries Headlines