- Local News
- Nominations due soon
Hoopeston council re-signs with Allied Waste
City council members voted unanimously Tuesday to remain with Allied Waste/Republic Services for trash pick-up.
- Habitat seeking donations
- Police, Fire Reports
- Local actor wins national Superior Volunteer Award DANVILLE — Ever since he was in a play at Trinity Lutheran School, Ron McDaniel has been passionate about acting. Even when the stage curtain fell on the child’s head, the world of theater didn’t lose its magic.
- Police Report Incidents reported to police include: Danville Sunday: Theft in the 100 block of North Beard Street. Monday: A man arrested for criminal trespassing, theft and criminal damage to property in the 300 block of Bradley Lane. Theft in the first block of
- Fire Calls Firefighters responded to the following calls: Monday, 9:29-9:43 a.m. -- A medical call in the 1100 block of McKinley Street. Monday, 10:52-11 a.m. -- A medical call in the 100 block of Grace Street. Monday, 11:12 a.m.-12:54 p.m. -- A gas leak at 200
Bigs, Littles enjoy bowling early
Kala Hammer, case manager at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Vermilion County, spends a lot of time with her mentor matches to help them build strong, impactful relationships. On Feb. 24, she scheduled a bowling event for the community-based matches. "Th
- Mayor proposes EMS response fee DANVILLE - In place of a fire safety fee placed on garbage and sewer bills to help pay for fire department operating costs, Mayor Scott Eisenhauer now proposes an emergency medical services response fee for dispatch of the fire division for a medical
- Trial begins for former Kentucky resident DANVILLE -- Trial proceedings began this week for a man accused of a 2011 home invasion and murder attempt on an Alvin resident. Jury selection began Tuesday morning in the trial of Jason Irwin, 42, on one count of attempted murder, a Class X felony,
- More Local News Headlines