- Local News
- Informational tea set
- Volunteers needed for picnic
- N. Vermillion school registration begins
- Free cooking school offered
- Tharp wins national award Lt. Col. David Tharp, an Oakwood native, finds rewards in his work, not in awards.
- Illinois law a boost to ex-offenders seeking jobs CHICAGO — Ex-offenders in Illinois won’t have to disclose their criminal pasts until private employers first evaluate their job skills, under a new law signed Saturday by Gov. Pat Quinn.Some who attended the bill signing ceremony at St. Michael Missi
Books triumph over TV’s brain rot
When we started getting the The History Channel, I thought, “At last ... some new TV shows that I can learn something from! No more brain rot!”
Well, that’s over.
Games will kick off new campaign
In May we hosted a campaign workshop here for our volunteers and others from two other United Way agencies.
Soldier recounted life in 125th regiment
His name was Robert Rogers, but the men in his regiment called him Bob. Rogers had a writer’s eye, and he would make good use of it after the war.
Oregon Trail website includes kids’ activities
The Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Department of the Interior, has an interesting website at www.blm.gov/or/oregontrail/ortrail-map.php which includes an Oregon Trail Map showing other trails as well (Whitman Trail, 1836; Applegate Trail, 1846; Lewis & Clark Trail, 1804-1808; and Santa Fe Trail, 1822-1880).
- More Local News Headlines