CAYUGA, Ind. —
North Vermillion School Board members awarded a contract to Thieneman Construction Inc. of Merrillville, Ind., for the wastewater treatment plant on the school campus.
Thieneman’s bid of $284,500 was the lowest of five bids for the project. Work is to be completed within four months.
In other business, board members:
- Selected Selective Insurance for the district’s insurance through Regions Insurance. The annual premium is $74.419. Only one bid was received.
- Accepted a contact from Innovative Communication Solutions of Terre Haute for $3,072 for maintenance of the phone system.
- Heard plans for school districts in Parke and Vermillion counties to build a new training facility in Montezuma.
- Will offer a geometry class online this summer for 11 weeks with Elizabeth Cleghorn as teacher.
- Accepted the resignation of Emily Pfister as speech and language pathologist.
- Hired Tina Hall as elementary art teacher; Janessa Williams, elementary music teacher; and Lorie Turchi, elementary physical education teacher, for the 2013-14 school year.
Fountain principal resigns
Southeast Fountain School Board members accepted the resignation of Fountain Central High School Principal Tony Coleman, effective at the end of the school year. He had been principal two years.
He is a former vice principal at the high school and the elementary school.