If you already own an iPad, or if you’re thinking about buying one, sign up for the Danville Public Library’s iPad tutorial class.
It will be conducted 6–8 p.m. Monday in the second floor conference room.
Class is limited to five, so call the Children’s Department at 477-5225 to reserve a seat.
Presenter Marcie Morgan has extensive experience with the technology. She’ll give participants a demonstration on setup, usage, tips and tricks, and how to add library materials to your device. She’ll have a couple of iPads for you to try out if you don’t have one. The program is free.
- Local News
- Ornament designs sought
- NAACP plans brunch
- Police, Fire Reports
- Fun Days this weekend
- Three face robbery charges DANVILLE — Three men were booked without bond Tuesday in connection with the robbery of a downtown jewelry store.Donovan Wheeler, 29, of the 300 block of Bradley Lane; John Billips Jr., 23, of the 200 block of East Roselawn Avenue; and Jabari O’Conno
- Georgetown Fair ready for annual run DANVILLE — One of the big fair attractions of the summer kicks off this weekend in Vermilion County.The annual Georgetown Fair begins Saturday and runs through Aug. 9.Don Hackler is president of the Georgetown Fair Board. Both he and the group of 24
- Jaycees select VA employee for award DANVILLE — Bryan Stewart, coordinator of the Veterans Transportation Program for the Veterans Affairs Illiana Health Care System, was selected as one of the Outstanding Young People of 2014 by the Junior Chamber International Senate with the Jaycees.
- Fire Calls Firefighters responded to the following calls:Tuesday, 11:23-11:32 a.m. — A medical call in the 200 block of West Voorhees Street.Tuesday, 1:30-1:45 p.m. — A natural gas leak at 107 S. Jefferson St.Tuesday, 1:41-1:59 p.m. — An accident on Interstate
- Police Report Incidents reported to police include:DanvilleMonday:Theft in the 100 block of North Logan Avenue.Tuesday:A man and woman arrested for domestic battery at Fairchild and Moore streets.Retail theft at Meijer, 3649 N. Vermilion St.Wednesday:A man arreste
- Group to help Mission
- More Local News Headlines