If you already own an iPad, or if you’re thinking about buying one, sign up for the Danville Public Library’s iPad tutorial class.
It will be conducted 6–8 p.m. Monday in the second floor conference room.
Class is limited to five, so call the Children’s Department at 477-5225 to reserve a seat.
Presenter Marcie Morgan has extensive experience with the technology. She’ll give participants a demonstration on setup, usage, tips and tricks, and how to add library materials to your device. She’ll have a couple of iPads for you to try out if you don’t have one. The program is free.
- Local News
- Spring soccer registration open
- Holiday Hills group to meet
- Police, Fire Reports
Covington school board considers financial options on projects
Covington school board members discussed capital improvements Monday with Curt Pletcher of Umbaugh & Associates of Indianapolis and John Barbee with Envoy of Indianapolis.
- Fire Calls Firefighters responded to the following calls: Saturday, 7:05-7:18 a.m. -- A medical call in the 1100 block of Martin Street. Saturday, 3:36-3:51 p.m. -- An alarm malfunction at 1208 Harmon St. Saturday, 11:33-11:54 p.m. -- A medical call in the 1000
- Police investigate shooting death HOOPESTON -- Hoopeston police continue to investigate a fatal shooting Sunday evening in the city's downtown area. Officers responded to a report of shots fired just minutes after 9 p.m. Sunday at the Downtown Motel, 200 E. Main St., Hoopeston. There
- DACC seeks new student trustee DANVILLE -- Danville Area Community College seeks a student to represent the student body for the next school year on the college's board of trustees. Any student interested in serving on the board of trustees has until March 21 to pick up and file h
- Internet Masters class caters to needs of seniors DANVILLE — After an older woman sent an e-mail to her daughter in California, she was ecstatic when she received a reply.
- Play to tackle race, family issues DANVILLE -- The Danville Public School Foundation will present a free public performance of "Incognito," a one-man play starring Michael Sidney Fosberg. The performance will begin at 6 p.m. Monday, in Dick Van Dyke Auditorium of Danville High School.
- Identity confirmed on man killed in fire DANVILLE -- Remains found at the scene of a rural Homer house fire in January were identified as the homeowner. Vermilion County Coroner Peggy Johnson issued a press release Monday confirming the remains were those of Jeffrey Ward, 60. He lived at th
- More Local News Headlines