If you already own an iPad, or if you’re thinking about buying one, sign up for the Danville Public Library’s iPad tutorial class.
It will be conducted 6–8 p.m. Monday in the second floor conference room.
Class is limited to five, so call the Children’s Department at 477-5225 to reserve a seat.
Presenter Marcie Morgan has extensive experience with the technology. She’ll give participants a demonstration on setup, usage, tips and tricks, and how to add library materials to your device. She’ll have a couple of iPads for you to try out if you don’t have one. The program is free.
- Local News
- Learn about photos
- DEATH NOTICES These obituaries were received by 7 p.m. Tuesday: DANVILLE
- Police, Fire Reports
Covington appreciates volunteer work
City council members heard thanks Monday from street superintendent Rick Smith to Jared Brothers and the Stringtown Church of God youth group. The youth group has been helping the city street department for several summers with various odd jobs.
- Fire Reports Firefighters responded to the following calls: Friday, 11:18-11:42 a.m. — A broken sprinkler head at 75 Walz Creek.Friday, 12:23-12:38 p.m. — A natural gas leak at 13 S. Kansas St.Friday, 1:18-1:30 p.m. — A trash can on fire at 21 N. Vermilion S
- Police Reports Incidents reported to police include:DanvilleTuesday:Criminal trespassing in the 1600 block of Redden Court.Wednesday:Theft in the 1300 block of Lape.Thursday:Theft in the 600 block of South Bowman Avenue.Friday:Illegal consumption in the 100 block
- Afghan vet earns Medal of Honor WASHINGTON — Bleeding from both legs and his arm, Ryan Pitts kept firing at about 200 Taliban fighters in June 2008, even holding onto his grenades an extra moment to ensure the enemy couldn’t heave them back.On Monday, President Barack Obama draped
- Musical takes serious tone For those who are inspired by classic tales such as “The Little Mermaid” and “My Love, My Love,” DLO Musical Theater’s summer youth musical is a must see.About 30 cast members ages 8 and up will perform “Once On this Island Jr.” at 7 p.m. Friday and
- Vermilion County Museum Society honors longtime quilter WESTVILLE – Victorena Stanis, 90, of Westville could tell a story behind every quilt she’s made over the years, starting in 1935. She knows where the fabric came from, and how she came up with designs.
- Fire destroys barn used for storing hay SIDELL — A fire Saturday night destroyed a hay barn at Crosswinds Equine Rescue, 8182 E 200 North Road, near Sidell, but owner Mike Cross is thankful that no person or horse was injured in the blaze.Four fire departments — Sidell, Indianola, Allerton
- More Local News Headlines