Danville Area Community College board of trustees will review bids and award a contract Tuesday night for the installation of phones in all of the college’s classrooms.
“It’s an upgrade of the existing phone system, with an addition of 80 phones for the classrooms,” said Mike Cunningham, director of administrative services at DACC.
Cunningham said the new phone system will require those on campus to dial the last four digits of a DACC phone number rather than three digits as is currently done.
DACC employees also will be able to “set their work phone to ring to their cell phone” so they don’t miss any incoming calls, he said.
Midwest Communications Group of Danville was the low bidder for the installation of the new phone system and 80 additional classroom phones at a cost of $83,305.
The trustees also will:
- Recognize the DACC cross country team.
- Hear a report from the college’s student success center.
- Consider approving a bid to purchase computer equipment using technology bond money. The low bidder was Gov Connections in South Dakota with a bid of $163,116 to upgrade and replace 209 computers on campus.
- Consider approving a bid for scale computing storage cluster equipment.
The low bidder was Alliance Technology Group of Chicago with a bid of $25,496 to purchase the computer memory storage.
- Consider granting tenure to Chuck Shepard and Michael Shutes, who are both auto mechanics instructors.
The Danville Area Community College board of trustees will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the DACC board room, Vermilion Hall Room 302.