DANVILLE —Police had a report of shots fired, but no victims with injuries, at 1:17 a.m. today in the 1600 block of Clyman Lane.
Here’s a look at recent law enforcement calls:
Theft of medication in the unit block of Crystal Drive.
Domestic battery in the 900 block of Koehn Drive.
Two residential burglaries reported in the 100 block of Woodlawn Street in Home Gardens.
Retail theft of $51.18 in merchandise from Big Lots, 20 N. Gilbert St.
Male arrested in connection with retail theft at Priceless Foods, 501 W. Fairchild St.
Criminal damage to property at Central Illinois Bank, 2490 N. Vermilion St.
Graffiti spray-painted on a business garage at Jarling’s Custard Cup, 2507 N. Vermilion St.
Graffiti spray-painted on an outside freezer at Wendy’s, 2501 N. Vermilion St.
Graffiti spray-painted on the building at Dairy Queen, 2711 N. Vermilion St.
Theft of a 2005 Yamaha Raven motorcycle from the 700 block of Chandler St.
A male and female were arrested in connection with domestic battery/resisting arrest/criminal damage to property/criminal trespass in the 1600 block of Beechwood Drive.
Burglary to a vehicle in rural Westville.
Damage to a yard in the 8000 block of Camp Drake Road in Fairmount.
Accidents involving tickets or injuries include:
Sunday, 12:43 a.m. — At Main and Franklin streets involving April L. Grayson, 20, of the 500 block of Harmon Street. She was ticketed for driving with a suspended or revoked license and failure to reduce speed.
Saturday, 3:08 p.m. — At Seminary and Collett streets involving Barbara J. Hill, 48, of the 900 block of Harmon Street, and a Danville Mass Transit bus driven by Robert L. McNeil, 55, of Danville. Hill was in fair condition today at Provena United Samaritans Medical Center. Her passenger, Shelly Lillard, was listed in fair condition at Provena Covenant Medical Center. A bus passenger, Luann Moore, was treated at Provena USMC and released. The accident report indicated Hill passed out and the two vehicles collided.
Saturday, 6:02 p.m. — At 1800 E. Road and 2400 N. Road involving Lucas H. Miller, 18, of rural Danville. He reportedly was treated and released at Provena USMC.
Saturday, 7:14 p.m. — On 2650 N. Road involving Emily J. Halls, 17, of Bismarck. She was listed in critical condition today at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana.
Firefighters responded to the following calls:
Sunday, 6:55-9:07 a.m. — Medical call in the 1200 block of East Seminary Street.
Sunday, 3:47-4:23 p.m. — Medical call in the 2400 block of North Jackson Street.
Sunday, 5:22-5:29 p.m. — Auto accident at Voorhees and Griffin streets.
Sunday, 9:16-9:30 p.m. — Investigation in the 800 block of Skyline Drive.
- Local News
- Police, Fire Reports
One person dead in Hoopeston shooting
Hoopeston police are investigating a fatal shooting downtown late Sunday night.
- Library does “spring cleaning”
- NJCAA tourney volunteers needed
- Evidence of missing Malaysian plane found KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Vietnamese air force planes on Saturday spotted two large oil slicks close to where a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 went missing earlier in the day, the first sign that the aircraft carrying 239 people had crashed. The air fo
- Instructor gets sentenced to 90 years EAST ST. LOUIS -- A martial arts instructor from southwestern Illinois has been sentenced to 90 years in prison for sexually abusing three young students. The (Belleville) News-Democrat reports 20-year-old Christopher M. Horton of Highland was sente
District 118 to look at uniform plan, staff cuts
DANVILLE — A draft of Danville District 118’s student uniform standard of dress code will be presented Wednesday to school board members for their review.
- Russia moves more soldiers across the border into Ukraine SEVASTOPOL, Ukraine -- Dozens of military trucks transporting heavily armed soldiers rumbled over Crimea's rutted roads Saturday as Russia reinforced its armed presence on the disputed peninsula in the Black Sea. Moscow's foreign minister ruled out a
- Police Reports Incidents reported to police include: Danville Thursday: Property damage in the 1700 block of East Fairchild Street. Theft in the 200 block of Delaware Avenue. Friday: Burglary reported at Walmart Supercenter, 4101 N. Vermilion St. A man arrested for
- Fire Calls Firefighters responded to the following calls: Friday, 10:15 a.m.-2:45 p.m. -- A maintenance shop fire at Automation International, 1020 Bahls St. Friday, 2:29-2:50 p.m. -- A mattress fire at 238 Delaware Ave. Saturday, 1:24-1:42 a.m. -- A natural ga
- More Local News Headlines