- Further research on ways to address the noise regulation beyond what is being conducted now.
- Continue to work with wind energy companies to address concerns on an ongoing basis.
- Install regular meetings of the Structural Safety Committee — which oversees the permit process for wind farms — with reports to the county board.
- Contract with an expert for periodic meetings with wind farm site manager and report to the county board.
- Research construction and post-construction inspections by a state authority.
Also at Tuesday’s board meeting:
- Board members will vote on an ordinance establishing a $1.5 million line of credit between the county’s general fund and the Public Safety Building Fund.
Vermilion County Auditor Linda Lucas Anstey told members of a joint county committee on Thursday that reimbursements from the Public Building Commission had begun to slow down, leaving the county at $400,000 in checking for those reimbursements.
The ordinance is proposed in case those reimbursements fall further behind. Under the current set up, the Public Building Commission runs the Juvenile Detention Center and the Public Safety Building. The county makes rent and lease payments to the Public Building Commission at the beginning of the fiscal year.
During the course of the year, the commission then makes monthly reimbursements for county expenses such as employee wages, food, laundry and other areas.
- Board members will vote on an amendment to the building and grounds general fund in the amount of $39,425.
Mark Cravens, superintendent of building and grounds, told Thursday’s joint committee the additional funds were necessary because the county is taking over all maintenance of the Vermilion County Courthouse from the Public Building Commission.
In the past, the commission has handled heavy maintenance issues while the county covered lighter maintenance, such as cleaning of the building. Funds to pay the commission were taken from leftovers from a courthouse renovation bond passed in the 1980s.
Money from that courthouse renovation bond, however, has run out as of earlier this year.