- Heard a report about the popularity of the college’s drama program, which started 10 years ago. This spring, the drama students will perform “Stage Door.”
- Approved transferring money from the working cash fund to the education fund and operation and maintenance fund.
“It allows us to transfer, as needed, from the working cash funds to make up for deficits, primarily because of not receiving funds from the state,” Jacobs said.
- Approved the proposed 2013-14 and 2014-15 academic calendars.
- Considered the fiscal year 2013 supplemental capital equipment list.
Jacobs said half of the $1 million in general obligation bonds that were sold last month to purchase new technology and equipment campuswide will be spent this year. About $200,000 will be used to purchase new computers, and another $300,000 will be used to purchase instructional equipment, including new sound systems for the Mary Miller Center and Bremer Theater.
- Accepted the retirement of Janet Westberg, director of health information technology.