DANVILLE — The Body and Soul Cafe will host a free meal from 6-7 p.m. Monday at Danville First Assembly Of God, 428 N. Walnut St. Doors will open at 5:45 p.m. Enter on the west side of building through the gym.
- Local News
- Seminar for seniors addresses scams
- Police, Fire Reports
One person dead in Hoopeston shooting
Hoopeston police are investigating a fatal shooting downtown late Sunday night.
- Library does “spring cleaning”
- NJCAA tourney volunteers needed
- Evidence of missing Malaysian plane found KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Vietnamese air force planes on Saturday spotted two large oil slicks close to where a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 went missing earlier in the day, the first sign that the aircraft carrying 239 people had crashed. The air fo
- Instructor gets sentenced to 90 years EAST ST. LOUIS -- A martial arts instructor from southwestern Illinois has been sentenced to 90 years in prison for sexually abusing three young students. The (Belleville) News-Democrat reports 20-year-old Christopher M. Horton of Highland was sente
District 118 to look at uniform plan, staff cuts
DANVILLE — A draft of Danville District 118’s student uniform standard of dress code will be presented Wednesday to school board members for their review.
- Russia moves more soldiers across the border into Ukraine SEVASTOPOL, Ukraine -- Dozens of military trucks transporting heavily armed soldiers rumbled over Crimea's rutted roads Saturday as Russia reinforced its armed presence on the disputed peninsula in the Black Sea. Moscow's foreign minister ruled out a
- Police Reports Incidents reported to police include: Danville Thursday: Property damage in the 1700 block of East Fairchild Street. Theft in the 200 block of Delaware Avenue. Friday: Burglary reported at Walmart Supercenter, 4101 N. Vermilion St. A man arrested for
- More Local News Headlines