GEORGETOWN — Georgetown-Ridge Farm High School FFA member Trent Finchum holds a boer goat so Pine Crest Elementary kindergarten students Matthew Dawson, left, and Mackenzie Williams could pet it during the FFA Barnyard Day Friday during National FFA Week.
- Local News
- CRIS diabetes program set
- Photographer’s work on view
Covington approves bleacher project at the city park
Kelli Pinkerton told city council members Monday the city park’s four youth sports clubs are willing to donate $250 each for new concrete pads and bleachers at the city park.
Georgetown council considers park improvements
Aldermen heard a request Monday from resident Linda Clarey about the possibility of constructing an announcement stand on the concession stand at the park for the Georgetown Youth Football League.
- Fire Calls |Firefighters responded to the following calls: Saturday, 11:05-11:43 a.m. — A natural gas leak at 7 Nicklas St. Saturday, 2:38-3:09 p.m. — A false alarm at Danville High School, 202 E. Fairchild St. Sunday, 1:36-1:49 a.m. — A medical call in the 1200
- Accident closes both lanes of I-74 OAKWOOD — A trailer carrying fireworks was among the vehicles involved in an accident Monday morning along Interstate 74.The accident was reported just before 10 a.m. Monday on Interstate 74 just west of the Oakwood exit in the westbound lanes.As a r
- Blackresignsfromcouncil DANVILLE — Danville City Council soon will have another member to fill Ward 7 Alderman Bill Black’s seat through the spring. Black, 72, resigned from the city council after taking a seat on the Danville Area Community College’s Board of Trustees.Blac
- City election petitions start next week DANVILLE — City elections still are at least six months away, but city candidates for the Feb. 24 municipal primary can start picking up election petitions Monday.Candidates for mayor, treasurer and aldermen can begin to pick up packets on Aug. 25 at
- Campaign encourages talks about life, death DANVILLE — To many people, the topic of death is taboo. They don’t want to think about or talk about it, even though it’s something that happens to everyone.
- Semi driver arrested after crash HOOPESTON — A semi driver was arrested Sunday after damaging several vehicles in an accident.Hoopeston police arrested Jeremy Coffey, 34, of Hoopeston, following an accident reported just after noon Sunday near the intersection of Sixth Street and Mc
- More Local News Headlines