-- 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Nov. 15
-- Noon to 8 p.m. Nov. 16, Family Day, free for children; also Veterans Day with veterans admitted for free.
-- 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Nov. 17.
-- 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Nov. 18.
-- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Nov. 19.
Place: David S. Palmer Arena, 100 W. Main Street, Danville
General admission: adults, $5; seniors (55-plus), $3; children (ages 3 -12 years), $2; children (under age 2), free.
Junior Parade of Trees: The Junior Parade of Trees will be on display at the Village Mall. The trees, decorated by students from schools across Vermilion County, will be on display through Nov. 13 in the carpeted area near Elder-Beerman. The trees will be moved to the David S. Palmer Arena for display during the Festival of Trees, where visitors will be able to offer silent bids on their favorite tree. The tree winning the Best of Show award will win a new computer and printer for the school. This year is the biggest yet, with almost 40 trees.
Be a volunteer: The 2008 Festival of Trees – Believe, along with Provena United Samaritans Medical Center Foundation, seeks volunteers. To sign up or for questions, call the 2008 volunteer line at 304-5190. Leave a message and the volunteer chairperson Mary McMillan will contact you.
Special event tickets: Don’t miss out on a chance to see one of these great events at the festival while supporting local charities. Call the David S. Palmer Arena ticket office at 1-877-77-CLICK or go online at www.palmerarena.com http://www.palmerarena.com/ to see what tickets remain. Prices range from $7.50 to $30 depending on the event. For more information call 442-6586.
-- 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Nov. 15
- Local News
- Ice cream social set
- Meal to help fire chief
- No Headline Provided Illinois lottery (Friday) Pick Three-Midday: Pick Three-Evening: Pick Four Midday: Pick Four-Evening: Lucky Day (day): Lucky Day (eve): Lotto Jackpot: Indiana lottery (Friday) Daily Three-Midday: Daily Three-Evening: Daily Four-Midday: Daily Four-Ev
- Police, Fire Reports
- Grant enhances library garden DANVILLE — This summer, more children will have the opportunity to experience wildlife in the Children’s Wonder Garden at the Danville Public Library.This is thanks to a $1,213 grant from the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois. The
- Pet event to benefit area shelter HOOPESTON — Here’s your chance to help homeless animals while having a good time.
- 'Oz' event supports literacy, Danville Library Foundation DANVILLE — The Danville Library Foundation announces its From Page to Stage: Vol. IV “Oz.”This year, the event will take audience members to “Oz” with two special celebrations. There will be the “Oz” concert and Emerald Ball and concert preview.At 3
- Library sends to others: 'Greetings from Danville' DANVILLE – Library officials are asking children and adults to be a part of two library programs that ask them to send greetings to other towns named Danville around the country and “How do you Library?”Through Aug. 15, Danville residents can tell ot
- East Main Street study continues DANVILLE — With the East Main Street construction finished, local representatives continue to meet to discuss the future of one of the main corridors in the city.A stakeholders group, including representatives from Danville Area Community College, th
- Varying subsidies worry consumers MIAMI — Linda Close was grateful to learn she qualified for a sizable subsidy to help pay for her health insurance under the new federal law. But in the process of signing up for a plan, Close said her HealthCare.gov account showed several different
- More Local News Headlines