- A $15,000 contract with Donald Archer of Oakwood to act as a professional land acquisition specialist to acquire right-of-way and easements for the Bowman Avenue project. The next phase focuses on the section from Crestview to Winter Avenue.
The city has had appraisals and right-of-way plats prepared for 16 properties. The city is engaging a land acquisition specialist due to the project requiring federal land acquisition procedures.
- Using $260,000 in Motor Fuel Tax funds as the city’s share of the proposed shared-use path along Fairchild and Jackson streets to connect the Fairchild overpass and Lincoln Park shared-use paths.
The city has been awarded $1.3 million in Illinois Transportation Enhancement funds for the shared-use path.
- A $10,519 contract with Knight and Associates Surveying of Paris to perform surveying work for the proposed Danville High School shared-use path.
- The sale of a 1992 Gillig Phantom bus for the scrap value price of not less than $2,000. The city will offer the spare parts for the bus to other Illinois transit providers and sell them for the highest bid. This is the last bus of its type in the fleet, so spare parts will no longer be needed.
- Disposal of equipment and vehicles for sale or scrap. The equipment includes a 1998 International Harvester Vactor truck, 1992 grader, 1981 John Deere end loader, 2005 windrow turner and 2003 transporter/winch sewer televising equipment. They will be advertised on eBay and/or trade equipment magazines.
- Purchasing an emergency diesel generator for the public works facility on Voorhees Street. The sole bid was submitted by Cummins Crosspoint, LLC of Normal for $79,180.
- A $77,473 contract with Advanced Wayne Cain & Sons Roofing of Urbana for a new roof at Harrison Park Clubhouse.
- Entering into a five-year agreement with Comcast to provide telephone and Internet services for the city. The cost to the city is $4,558 per month.