- Swore in 21-year-old Megan Hiner to serve as the board’s newest student trustee. She is a shooting guard on the Lady Jaguars women’s basketball team.
- Awarded a contract to Johnson Controls of East Peoria for $41,300 to replace the compressor in the Lincoln Hall York chiller.
- Awarded a five-year lease to Advanced Digital Solutions of Mattoon for $6,479 for 27 copiers campuswide.
- Awarded a contract to McDowell Builders of Sidell for $56,533 to renovate the men’s and women’s restrooms located west of the gymnasium in the Mary Miller Center. The restrooms will be updated a bit to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Awarded a contract to A&R Mechanical of Urbana for $157,800 to replace the ventilation system in the anatomy and physiology lab in the Mary Miller Complex.
- Selected First Financial Bank to provide financial services for the college for the next five years, starting July 1.
- Approved creating a one-year certificate program for certified medical assistant.
Carle Medical Center and other local health care employers asked DACC to develop a program to train people not only to be an office worker but also to do the intake work on patients, such as recording a patient’s weight and blood pressure.
- Approved the retirement of Brenda Shanks, office assistant for Career and Employment Services. She has worked for the college for more than 30 years.