I will retire from the Danville Area Community College Board of Trustees in April after 12 years. For the last six years, I have had the pleasure of serving with Dr. Ron Serfoss. Ron is a candidate for re-election to the board on April 9.
Ron has been a conscientious and thoughtful board member. His first concern has been a quality education for all students and good jobs upon completion of their chosen field of study. Further, he is constantly watchful of the financial condition and assets of DACC.
Ron is a longtime and active resident of our community. He has been a positive influence on the DACC board. I heartily recommend him for another term of responsible leadership as a DACC trustee.
John P. O’Rourke
- Local News
- Third suspect arrested in home invasion DANVILLE -- Another suspect has been arrested in connection with a home invasion at a rural residence in October. Joshua Pundt, 34, of Hoopeston, was taken into custody Thursday afternoon on charges of home invasion, home invasion with a firearm, arm
- NACCO employee hits 55-year mark DANVILLE -- While others might become burned out by their jobs, Don Jones of Danville has enjoyed his job for more than a half-century, going strong year after year after year. Jones, a janitor of NACCO in Danville, will reach his 55th year of servic
- School board to vote on tax levy DANVILLE -- Danville School District 118 board members will vote Wednesday to adopt a tax levy proposal in which the district would collect no new dollars. Of the four options presented to them in October, board members selected Option 2, which propo
- Death notices The following obituaries were received by 7 p.m. Friday: DANVILLE KEYS, Billie Ruth, 60, of Danville, died at 2:04 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana. Services: noon Monday, Dec. 9, at New Life Church of Faith, 1419 N
- District 118 plans parental outreach program DANVILLE -- Carl Cannon, the youth outreach worker who spoke at Danville High and South View Middle schools on Friday, will return to Danville next month to speak during the kickoff of Parent University. Parent University is a free program designed b
- Rules and laws Students told 'life is about choices' Rules and laws "I'm an example of not where I'm from. I'm an example of what you make of your life." BY CAROL ROEHM email@example.com
- Police Report Incidents reported to police include: Danville Tuesday: Trespassing in the 1300 block of East Voorhees Street. Wednesday: $32 in fuel stolen at Murphy's Oil, 4105 N. Vermilion St. Assault and property damage in the first block of Quincy Street. Tres
- Fire Calls Firefighters responded to the following calls: Thursday, 11:07-11:25 a.m. -- A medical call in the first block of South Stewart Street. Thursday, 1:04-1:13 p.m. -- A medical call at Bowman Avenue and Griggs Street. Thursday, 3:52-4:26 p.m. -- An ille
- Man stabbed trying to break up fight DANVILLE -- A man who attempted to break up a fight along North Bowman Avenue suffered a stab wound as a result. Danville police responded to the incident scene just before 2 p.m. Thursday in front of the Danville Rescue Mission, 834 N. Bowman Ave. S
- Children invited to party
- More Local News Headlines