DANVILLE — Schools, community centers and businesses have made plans to close on Monday due to the severe snow and temperatures hitting the area.*
School/daycare closings for Monday:
- Danville School District 118
- Danville Area Community College
- DACC Child Development Center and DACC Hoopeston office
- Catlin Community Unit School District 5
- Schlarman Academy, north and south campus — includes athletic games and practices
- MSD of Warren County, Ind.
- Hoopeston schools
- Rossville schools
- Bismarck schools
- North Vermillion, Ind., schools
Community organization/business closings for Monday:
- The Danville Post Office will not deliver mail today due to the mail not arriving from out of town. Carriers did deliver packages that were already on hand.
- Nacco Material Handling – Parts Distribution Center – 1st shift – Closed Monday
- VA Illiana Health Care System is closing all five Community Based Outpatient Clinics that are in Decatur, Mattoon, Peoria, Springfield and West Lafayette, Ind. Also, all outpatient clinics at the VA Danville campus will be closed. The hospital and urgent care is open and will remain open.
- Health Alliance offices in all Illinois and call Centers for these areas; for updated information, visit www.healthalliance.org.
- Carle and Carle Hoopeston Regional Health Center outpatient sites, including Convenient Care in Danville, Champaign and Mattoon and are closed; patients can call their physician’s office to reschedule appointments when Carle re-opens. Convenient Care at Urbana on Windsor, Hoopeston, Watseka are open; normal service at Champaign SurgiCenter will be available and Carle Foundation Hospital, including the emergency department, are operating as usual. Patients seeking immediate care should call 9-1-1. For updated information, visit carle.org or follow Carle on Facebook and Twitter.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Vermilion County
- Danville Mass Transit services canceled
- The Apothecary, the outpatient pharmacy at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center, will be closed Monday morning. It will open Monday afternoon pending road conditions.
- The gift shop at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center
- Helping Hands Medical Clinic; call the office Tuesday to reschedule.
- Danville Public Library
- Hoopeston Public Library
- CRIS Healthy-Aging Center and CRIS Rural Mass Transit will open to public at 10 a.m. on Monday to address emergency and essential services. Routine appointments are canceled. There will be no rural route meal delivery and the CRIS Breakfast Café will be closed Monday.
- Danville Family YMCA
- Full-Fill Industries, both shifts
- Kelly Services in Danville, Champaign and Rantoul will be closed Monday due to inclement weather. Kelly contractor employees are asked to listen to news and radio reports to ensure their locations of placement are open and operating as normal prior to reporting to their job site.
- Watchfire Signs
- ThyssenKrupp machining
- Vermilion County Health Department
- Presence United Samaritans Medical Center's Cancer Center
- Dr. Ismail Bobat’s office
*Some closings were reported by readers. For more reader-reported closings, visit the Commercial-News Facebook page.