I am a mother of a 2½- year-old son, who is the light of my life. My son attends Little Lambs Daycare and Preschool, located at the Oakwood Nazarene Church.
So many times you hear the negative, instead of the positive, concerning day care for children. I wanted to let Vermilion County residents know how much my child has benefited from attending Little Lambs. I was a new mother at 37, and he is, and will be my only child.
I didn’t know anything about Little Lambs, and I had been searching for a daycare center for my son. The director of the center gave me a tour, and took a lot of time going over everything a parent needs to know to assure them they truly care and take every precaution to keep your child safe. The play areas for all ages of children are simply awesome. The secure entry into the building and cameras go beyond what I have seen while searching for daycare center.
My son has learned so much from their teaching skills and structured environment. I just thought it would be beneficial to let other parents know my experience because in the times we live in, you need to know your child is safe and getting the best care possible. Little Lambs started as strangers to us, but now they are like family.
- Letters to the Editor
- Looking forward to bright futures Editor:For the past few weeks I read the great accomplishments of valedictorians from Paxton, Danville, Urbana and Champaign.As a retired science teacher and businessman, I am proud of their achievements and the parents and teachers who contributed t
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines