With Christmas coming, people often forget about the animals in animal shelters. The cats and dogs would appreciate gifts, too.
CARA — Citizens for Animal Rescue and Adoption — is a no-kill animal shelter in Tilton that would gladly accept any donations. Something CARA needs is bedding. They always run short of bedding, even with the washer and dryer running nonstop. If there isn’t enough bedding, then a cat might have to sleep on their cold cage bottom. They don’t need fancy “cat beds.” Towels and old blankets make great bedding for cats.
Some other things CARA could use are cat toys, and brushes and combs for dogs and cats. They have plenty of dog toys, but hardly any for cats. Scratch pads, scratching posts, and cat tubes are all things cats love. They also need paper towels to make cleaning cages easier.
CARA needs bowls, food, boxes and non-clumping cat litter donations. Boxes are used for litter boxes and bed boxes that the cats love to sleep in. The cats and dogs need bowls for their food and water. CARA uses non-clumping cat litter, which is expensive because of all their cats. But most important, the animals need food. Some cats require special diets or special cat litter.
Even if you don’t have the time to go through your things or buy things for CARA you could donate money. While you’re at it, look around at the dogs and cats and bring home a new friend.
- Letters to the Editor
- We need an explanation Editor:In a prior letter I mistakenly said that in the last 30 years (correctly 20 years) health costs have grown only 0.8 percent, year over year, compared to 1.0 percent average since Obamacare became law: Obamacare effects are simply part of a lon
- No Headline Provided Money isn’t everythingEditor:Billionaire Bruce Rauner wants to be our governor here in Illinois. To me that would be like a millionaire running to be the mayor of Danville. He feels like his money is the only qualification that he needs.Here is a man
- No Headline Provided Keep pot out of townEditor:I was confused by the article in a recent Commercial-News about medical cannabis. It first states that strong support for this by local law enforcement. Then a little further down it states that Public Safety Director Larry
- Upset at discarded decorations Editor:I don’t know what is going on down at Georgetown Cemetery, but I find it pretty appalling. For the second year in a row, the arrangement that was placed on my grandparents’ grave has been stolen.Then on July 25, I go out to the cemetery to my
- No Headline Provided Help Make-A-WishEditor:It’s wonderful to make a child’s wish come true. As volunteer wish granters for Make-A-Wish Illinois, we have opportunities to do just that for children with life-threatening illnesses. The children we serve are between the age
- Cruelty to dog inexcusable Cruelty to dog inexcusableEditor:To the low-life who took a beautiful, young, blue and white pit bull-boxer mix, put her in a box, taped it shut and left her to die, I hope karma becomes your best friend.Some low-life did this during the weekend of J
- Hearts & darts Here are a few of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• The family of Teresa Denhart Ramey of Crawfordsville, Ind., — Bob, Rachel and Kendal Ramey; Bob and Mary Elaine Denhart; Betty Smith; and Allen and Julia Denhart and family
- End the excuses End the excusesEditor:Due to our real estate tax bills being late again, parents have to enroll their children in school while trying to pay that bill. According to the news, the cost of school supplies is up this year. So which is to be paid first?O
- Beware of political speak Beware of political speakEditor:When a politician says that his or her policy is working, I want to know, “What is the policy?” and, “What is the cause and effect reasoning leading to a conclusion that the policy is working?” Of course, I never get a
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines