Girl Scouts of Central Illinois will soon be selling Girl Scout Cookies. I repeat, soon.
The girls are not taking orders or selling cookies until Feb. 1.
Your granddaughter, friend’s daughter or other relative may contact you by e-mail to alert you to the fact she will soon be selling cookies.
The first line of the Girl Scout promise begins, “On my honor.” We trust the girls, leaders and parents to honor that by not selling ahead of the beginning date.
When parents take an order card to work, bowling or other event before the beginning date, what kind of message are they giving their daughter?
This is not just a money-making program for girls. It is part of the Girl Scout program. They learn goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills and business ethics.
If you are asked to buy cookies before the sale starts tell that person no, that you are respecting all Girl Scouts in Girl Scouts of Central Illinois.
You will still get an opportunity to buy your favorite and the price will be the same.
- Letters to the Editor
- Running with a real purpose Running with a real purposeI have a story that I like to share.For many years I been struggling with a purpose for life. I know there is a reason why were here on earth. And I know there’s more than just existing. There is something I can do for some
- Parking woes at civic center Editor:I enjoy going to the David S. Palmer Civic Center and really enjoy the Dashers games and I’m looking forward to the Riverhawks basketball team.Last fall, the city removed the three handicapped parking spaces on the south side of the center. I
- Looking forward to bright futures Editor:For the past few weeks I read the great accomplishments of valedictorians from Paxton, Danville, Urbana and Champaign.As a retired science teacher and businessman, I am proud of their achievements and the parents and teachers who contributed t
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines