I am amazed how many movie stars support our president. They support his policies, but don’t they realize the reason they are so rich is because people having money to go to their movies makes them rich? It is called capitalism.
There is nothing wrong with making money if it is done through hard work and wise investing. What is wrong is when people cheat, lie and steal. It’s not making money that is evil. It’s the love of money that’s evil.
All this government control, either by city or federal, about drinking 16 ounces of pop is nonsense. I don’t see anyone telling beer drinkers they can only have one beer. When I went to school from 1939-1951, I never saw a pop machine in our schools. The only pop I saw was when I was in high school and we sold pop at concession stands for our senior trip — and it was kept under lock and key until game time.
I know obesity is high in children, and I feel bad, but I don’t feel government should be dictating how much pop a person can drink. I say if the schools want this stopped, just don’t let the companies put machines in the schools.
I’m surprised someone hasn’t tried to stop drinking bottled water — after all, those plastic bottles do fill landfills.
Use common sense and let people have control over their eating. We don’t need government in everything!
- Letters to the Editor
- Support Wall on March 18 Editor: On Dec. 14 my friend and her father were on the hunt for a cat/kitten as a Christmas gift for her mother.
- Vote for Wall for judge Vote for Wall for judge Editor: I think Vermilion County voters should know there is truly only one qualified candidate for the position of circuit judge. Her name is Judge Karen Wall. She has received the highest rating of all candidates in an Illin
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines