The government is watching each of us closely and records everything we do over communication lines and has the ability to record us through our phones or any other device with a microphone or camera.
I have heard some say, “I’ve done nothing wrong! What do I care?”
We should all care. Did the tea party groups do something wrong? What happens when you choose to take a stand against the government or a corporation that is close to the government? Perhaps they’ll have a recording of you saying something that you regret, but isn’t necessarily wrong or illegal. Maybe they’ll have a recording of an intimate moment that may embarrass you or your partner.
Have we traded our liberty for security, or given our liberty with no return? They didn’t stop Nadal Hassan, the Times Square bomber, or the Boston Marathon bombers.
What have we gotten in exchange for government tyranny?
- Letters to the Editor
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Failing to recognize limits Editor:The June 27, Commercial-News contained three articles, among others, that prompt this note to the entire community.The first article, Page 3A: “Danville’s unemployment rate tops state rankings.”The second article, Page 4A: “Illinois cities dea
- Help fight human trafficking Editor:On June 20, Secretary of State John Kerry released the 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report, which ranks 188 countries on their efforts to combat human trafficking, including the United States.Human trafficking is modern day slavery and it occur
- We appreciate so little Editor:When I read a recent editorial on maintaining the parks, I just had to write.Years ago, we held our annual reunion at Douglas Park every year. It was a wonderful park when we first started meeting there and back in the late ‘50s they still had
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Members of the Bismarck-Henning Music Boosters send hearts “to all of our generous friends who sponsored signs and donated items to our mini-golf tournament. Without such givi
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines