WINCHESTER, Calif —
Vermilion County needs Mike Marron. Honor, courage and commitment are values integral to being a great leader.
Honor — Doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
Courage — In the face of question and adversity, stick to what you believe is right and morally just. Additionally, have the courage to be humble and seek advice.
Commitment — This value comes from the conviction that the cause you serve is greater than yourself. This conviction provides the stamina to be honorable and courageous under any circumstances.
I was fortunate to serve with many exceptional leaders during my 21 years of duty as a Navy Seabee. As a senior chief, it was my responsibility to develop and mentor young leaders. I have seen talented and experienced individuals fail miserably because their actions were not founded on the principles of honor courage and commitment. Conversely, I witnessed young men and women embrace these basic values and succeed as leaders.
I believe it is important my vote goes to leaders who are firmly grounded with these values. The citizens of Vermilion County are lucky to have Mike Marron as a candidate for county board. I have known Mike for a long time and am confident the values of honor, courage and commitment are the basis from which Mike operates.
He is and always has been committed to serving his church, his family and his fellow citizens. We need young, well-grounded leaders with enthusiasm at every level of our government. Support Mike Marron.
WINCHESTER, Calif —
- Letters to the Editor
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Try a different way to learn Try a different way to learn Editor: I was pleased to read the Freeport Journal Standard supported my view, that increasing the words spoken to poverty infants might eventually lift them from poverty. Finding ways to accomplish this is not the only c
- Support Dillard-Tracy ticket It seems that one Republican candidate for the nomination for governor in the March 18th primary election has spent millions of dollars on TV ads to try and buy his way to the nomination in November.
- Enough is enough Editor: Whatever happened to the pay as you go and pay for what you use form of a payment? The current Danville City Council has some members who do not listen to the voters who elected them. They can only listen to the cry of the money-hungry monste
- Use different marriage licenses Editor: Politicians need guidance. Give incumbent opponents a chance.
- Support locally owned businesses Support locally owned businesses Editor: Pet World has been in Danville as the local pet store for 37 years. We have seen the economy go up and down. We have always tried to stock the best products, and the best pets and fish that we could get. We al
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines