I support Tom O’Shaughnessy for recorder of deeds. I have known Tom in a professional capacity for the past 13 years.
Mr. O’Shaughnessy served as legal council for the village of Catlin during my eight-year tenure as mayor. He is knowledgeable, efficient, thorough and always willing to do whatever is needed to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Often we needed something now, and Tom was always willing to put in any extra time to fulfill our needs. At that time he had children at home, was a volunteer coach and served as president of the Catlin School Board. He is a master at multi-tasking.
As he is no longer involved in many of those activities, there is no doubt he can handle the job as well as continue a portion of his law practice. Tom is never one to shirk a responsibility. His personality and character would never allow him to do anything but his best. Please join me in voting for Tom O’Shaughnessy for Vermilion County Recorder.
- Letters to the Editor
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Try a different way to learn Try a different way to learn Editor: I was pleased to read the Freeport Journal Standard supported my view, that increasing the words spoken to poverty infants might eventually lift them from poverty. Finding ways to accomplish this is not the only c
- Support Dillard-Tracy ticket It seems that one Republican candidate for the nomination for governor in the March 18th primary election has spent millions of dollars on TV ads to try and buy his way to the nomination in November.
- Enough is enough Editor: Whatever happened to the pay as you go and pay for what you use form of a payment? The current Danville City Council has some members who do not listen to the voters who elected them. They can only listen to the cry of the money-hungry monste
- Use different marriage licenses Editor: Politicians need guidance. Give incumbent opponents a chance.
- Support locally owned businesses Support locally owned businesses Editor: Pet World has been in Danville as the local pet store for 37 years. We have seen the economy go up and down. We have always tried to stock the best products, and the best pets and fish that we could get. We al
- Guns don't settle differences Editor: I read about all the random shootings in Danville.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines