I support Tom O’Shaughnessy for recorder of deeds. I have known Tom in a professional capacity for the past 13 years.
Mr. O’Shaughnessy served as legal council for the village of Catlin during my eight-year tenure as mayor. He is knowledgeable, efficient, thorough and always willing to do whatever is needed to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Often we needed something now, and Tom was always willing to put in any extra time to fulfill our needs. At that time he had children at home, was a volunteer coach and served as president of the Catlin School Board. He is a master at multi-tasking.
As he is no longer involved in many of those activities, there is no doubt he can handle the job as well as continue a portion of his law practice. Tom is never one to shirk a responsibility. His personality and character would never allow him to do anything but his best. Please join me in voting for Tom O’Shaughnessy for Vermilion County Recorder.
- Letters to the Editor
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Mark Ottarski of Danville sends hearts to some helpful people.“On a recent fishing trip to Lake Mingo with my wife and 5-year-old granddaughter, my boat became hung up on a sub
- We need an explanation Editor:In a prior letter I mistakenly said that in the last 30 years (correctly 20 years) health costs have grown only 0.8 percent, year over year, compared to 1.0 percent average since Obamacare became law: Obamacare effects are simply part of a lon
- No Headline Provided Money isn’t everythingEditor:Billionaire Bruce Rauner wants to be our governor here in Illinois. To me that would be like a millionaire running to be the mayor of Danville. He feels like his money is the only qualification that he needs.Here is a man
- No Headline Provided Keep pot out of townEditor:I was confused by the article in a recent Commercial-News about medical cannabis. It first states that strong support for this by local law enforcement. Then a little further down it states that Public Safety Director Larry
- Upset at discarded decorations Editor:I don’t know what is going on down at Georgetown Cemetery, but I find it pretty appalling. For the second year in a row, the arrangement that was placed on my grandparents’ grave has been stolen.Then on July 25, I go out to the cemetery to my
- No Headline Provided Help Make-A-WishEditor:It’s wonderful to make a child’s wish come true. As volunteer wish granters for Make-A-Wish Illinois, we have opportunities to do just that for children with life-threatening illnesses. The children we serve are between the age
- Cruelty to dog inexcusable Cruelty to dog inexcusableEditor:To the low-life who took a beautiful, young, blue and white pit bull-boxer mix, put her in a box, taped it shut and left her to die, I hope karma becomes your best friend.Some low-life did this during the weekend of J
- Hearts & darts Here are a few of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• The family of Teresa Denhart Ramey of Crawfordsville, Ind., — Bob, Rachel and Kendal Ramey; Bob and Mary Elaine Denhart; Betty Smith; and Allen and Julia Denhart and family
- End the excuses End the excusesEditor:Due to our real estate tax bills being late again, parents have to enroll their children in school while trying to pay that bill. According to the news, the cost of school supplies is up this year. So which is to be paid first?O
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines