I support Tom O’Shaughnessy for recorder of deeds. I have known Tom in a professional capacity for the past 13 years.
Mr. O’Shaughnessy served as legal council for the village of Catlin during my eight-year tenure as mayor. He is knowledgeable, efficient, thorough and always willing to do whatever is needed to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Often we needed something now, and Tom was always willing to put in any extra time to fulfill our needs. At that time he had children at home, was a volunteer coach and served as president of the Catlin School Board. He is a master at multi-tasking.
As he is no longer involved in many of those activities, there is no doubt he can handle the job as well as continue a portion of his law practice. Tom is never one to shirk a responsibility. His personality and character would never allow him to do anything but his best. Please join me in voting for Tom O’Shaughnessy for Vermilion County Recorder.
- Letters to the Editor
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Failing to recognize limits Editor:The June 27, Commercial-News contained three articles, among others, that prompt this note to the entire community.The first article, Page 3A: “Danville’s unemployment rate tops state rankings.”The second article, Page 4A: “Illinois cities dea
- Help fight human trafficking Editor:On June 20, Secretary of State John Kerry released the 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report, which ranks 188 countries on their efforts to combat human trafficking, including the United States.Human trafficking is modern day slavery and it occur
- We appreciate so little Editor:When I read a recent editorial on maintaining the parks, I just had to write.Years ago, we held our annual reunion at Douglas Park every year. It was a wonderful park when we first started meeting there and back in the late ‘50s they still had
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Members of the Bismarck-Henning Music Boosters send hearts “to all of our generous friends who sponsored signs and donated items to our mini-golf tournament. Without such givi
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines