A prayer for America: Let us join together to pray to the God of our Founding Fathers, Divine Providence, the Creator of all that is, the one God.
We pray for your guidance, toward a path that honors and upholds the heritage and promise of America.
We pray for wisdom, for courage and strength and tolerance, and for a charitable heart, that we may rise to the challenges that lie ahead.
We beseech you to be with those to whom we entrust leadership, that they may act righteously.
We pray they may be temperate and prudent in their stewardship of our domestic affairs, and that in our foreign affairs they may find the wisdom to lead us toward a more peaceful world.
Almighty God, we give thanks for your manifold blessings on America and on each of us, in ways seen and unseen.
We pray we may act always in ways pleasing to you.
We pray that you continue to watch over this blessed land, keeping it and us in your merciful and loving care. For thine is all glory, now and forever. Amen.
- Letters to the Editor
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Mark Ottarski of Danville sends hearts to some helpful people.“On a recent fishing trip to Lake Mingo with my wife and 5-year-old granddaughter, my boat became hung up on a sub
- We need an explanation Editor:In a prior letter I mistakenly said that in the last 30 years (correctly 20 years) health costs have grown only 0.8 percent, year over year, compared to 1.0 percent average since Obamacare became law: Obamacare effects are simply part of a lon
- No Headline Provided Money isn’t everythingEditor:Billionaire Bruce Rauner wants to be our governor here in Illinois. To me that would be like a millionaire running to be the mayor of Danville. He feels like his money is the only qualification that he needs.Here is a man
- No Headline Provided Keep pot out of townEditor:I was confused by the article in a recent Commercial-News about medical cannabis. It first states that strong support for this by local law enforcement. Then a little further down it states that Public Safety Director Larry
- Upset at discarded decorations Editor:I don’t know what is going on down at Georgetown Cemetery, but I find it pretty appalling. For the second year in a row, the arrangement that was placed on my grandparents’ grave has been stolen.Then on July 25, I go out to the cemetery to my
- No Headline Provided Help Make-A-WishEditor:It’s wonderful to make a child’s wish come true. As volunteer wish granters for Make-A-Wish Illinois, we have opportunities to do just that for children with life-threatening illnesses. The children we serve are between the age
- Cruelty to dog inexcusable Cruelty to dog inexcusableEditor:To the low-life who took a beautiful, young, blue and white pit bull-boxer mix, put her in a box, taped it shut and left her to die, I hope karma becomes your best friend.Some low-life did this during the weekend of J
- Hearts & darts Here are a few of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• The family of Teresa Denhart Ramey of Crawfordsville, Ind., — Bob, Rachel and Kendal Ramey; Bob and Mary Elaine Denhart; Betty Smith; and Allen and Julia Denhart and family
- End the excuses End the excusesEditor:Due to our real estate tax bills being late again, parents have to enroll their children in school while trying to pay that bill. According to the news, the cost of school supplies is up this year. So which is to be paid first?O
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines