A prayer for America: Let us join together to pray to the God of our Founding Fathers, Divine Providence, the Creator of all that is, the one God.
We pray for your guidance, toward a path that honors and upholds the heritage and promise of America.
We pray for wisdom, for courage and strength and tolerance, and for a charitable heart, that we may rise to the challenges that lie ahead.
We beseech you to be with those to whom we entrust leadership, that they may act righteously.
We pray they may be temperate and prudent in their stewardship of our domestic affairs, and that in our foreign affairs they may find the wisdom to lead us toward a more peaceful world.
Almighty God, we give thanks for your manifold blessings on America and on each of us, in ways seen and unseen.
We pray we may act always in ways pleasing to you.
We pray that you continue to watch over this blessed land, keeping it and us in your merciful and loving care. For thine is all glory, now and forever. Amen.
- Letters to the Editor
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines