A prayer for America: Let us join together to pray to the God of our Founding Fathers, Divine Providence, the Creator of all that is, the one God.
We pray for your guidance, toward a path that honors and upholds the heritage and promise of America.
We pray for wisdom, for courage and strength and tolerance, and for a charitable heart, that we may rise to the challenges that lie ahead.
We beseech you to be with those to whom we entrust leadership, that they may act righteously.
We pray they may be temperate and prudent in their stewardship of our domestic affairs, and that in our foreign affairs they may find the wisdom to lead us toward a more peaceful world.
Almighty God, we give thanks for your manifold blessings on America and on each of us, in ways seen and unseen.
We pray we may act always in ways pleasing to you.
We pray that you continue to watch over this blessed land, keeping it and us in your merciful and loving care. For thine is all glory, now and forever. Amen.
- Letters to the Editor
- Turn your world around Turn your world around This is an open invitation to all those people who are caught up in the mixed-up, less-than-perfect world we live in. This is to all of those who live with their minds set on all of the things they don't like, don't have and se
- Help homeless veterans Editor: I recently read an article about homeless veterans. I remember when Danville Area Community College and Department of Veterans Affairs' campuses was a soldiers' home. There were no homeless veterans then. The veterans who lived there mowed th
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines