Can anyone tell me what the Republicans are trying to accomplish with the filibusters?
I seriously don’t get it. Are they mad because an African-American was elected president of the United States twice? Are they mad because we didn’t elect an individual who claimed privately that 47 percent of the population wasn’t worth his time?
No offense to the Republicans, but you can’t really be mad when that was the best you had to offer.
Even Karl Rove, with his billions of dollars, couldn’t get this bunch elected.
The Republicans are clearly sore about the election.
I hoped for better, but it’s obvious the Republicans are going to make this two very long years.
So, I need to know, is there anything on the table that the Republicans are willing to support? It’s clear that they going to reject every one of President Obama’s appointees.
It’s clear they are going to hold up the funding for health care reform. They have thrown the nation into a sequester. I don’t understand why, but they are going to filibuster a gun control law. Are the Republicans aware that the Sandy Hook shooter took less than five minutes to fire off 151 bullets using four 30-round magazines? The last bullet, number 152, came from the shooter’s pistol and it was used to take his life.
Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I really hope the Republicans get it together for the sake of the American people. I hope the Republicans start acting like adults.
- Letters to the Editor
- Help CASA help children Help CASA help children To most of us, society's problems such as poverty, abuse and violence seem overwhelming. What can we do to end these cycles that trap generations of people? We are tempted to turn away because it feels like trying to stop a wi
- Give instead of take Editor: I hear a lot of black churches talking about things in the name of Jesus Christ, but I don't see them giving in the name of Jesus Christ. Jesus was not about money. With some of these pastors, give them 30 pieces of silver and they will sell
- Give Obama credit Give Obama credit Editor: The idea of everyone respecting you from a positive position is not possible. As for President Obama, if he raises a hand to help the poor they call him either a socialist or a racist in so much as they equate poor to being
- Calling wrong right Calling wrong right Editor: On Nov. 21, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn not only signed a bill legalizing homosexual marriage, but he stated that it was his unfinished business to help other states achieve that goal. I am not surprised he signed the bill at
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, t
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Kelly Truex, principal at Danville's Garfield Elementary School, sends hearts "to Walmart for its generous donation. All students at Garfield will benefit from the extra suppl
- Down memory lane Down memory lane Editor: The recent article on Germantown took me down memory lane. My husband and I were married in 1946 and bought a house on Norman Street in Germantown. Everything that was written about came back to me -- several stores, the fire
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently: Board members of Habitat for Humanity of Danville send hearts "to Kem Wiggins for the mural she painted in the service of helping to restore the city-donated firehouse to its
- Obamacare rollout is a premature fiasco Obamacare rollout a fiasco Editor: Let's not be fooled by flacks pushing lame excuses and shifting blame for the fiasco that hit America Oct. 1, the Obamacare rollout. The fault isn't information technology contractors or whatever. It's the whole big
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines