Can anyone tell me what the Republicans are trying to accomplish with the filibusters?
I seriously don’t get it. Are they mad because an African-American was elected president of the United States twice? Are they mad because we didn’t elect an individual who claimed privately that 47 percent of the population wasn’t worth his time?
No offense to the Republicans, but you can’t really be mad when that was the best you had to offer.
Even Karl Rove, with his billions of dollars, couldn’t get this bunch elected.
The Republicans are clearly sore about the election.
I hoped for better, but it’s obvious the Republicans are going to make this two very long years.
So, I need to know, is there anything on the table that the Republicans are willing to support? It’s clear that they going to reject every one of President Obama’s appointees.
It’s clear they are going to hold up the funding for health care reform. They have thrown the nation into a sequester. I don’t understand why, but they are going to filibuster a gun control law. Are the Republicans aware that the Sandy Hook shooter took less than five minutes to fire off 151 bullets using four 30-round magazines? The last bullet, number 152, came from the shooter’s pistol and it was used to take his life.
Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I really hope the Republicans get it together for the sake of the American people. I hope the Republicans start acting like adults.
- Letters to the Editor
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Try a different way to learn Try a different way to learn Editor: I was pleased to read the Freeport Journal Standard supported my view, that increasing the words spoken to poverty infants might eventually lift them from poverty. Finding ways to accomplish this is not the only c
- Support Dillard-Tracy ticket It seems that one Republican candidate for the nomination for governor in the March 18th primary election has spent millions of dollars on TV ads to try and buy his way to the nomination in November.
- Enough is enough Editor: Whatever happened to the pay as you go and pay for what you use form of a payment? The current Danville City Council has some members who do not listen to the voters who elected them. They can only listen to the cry of the money-hungry monste
- Use different marriage licenses Editor: Politicians need guidance. Give incumbent opponents a chance.
- Support locally owned businesses Support locally owned businesses Editor: Pet World has been in Danville as the local pet store for 37 years. We have seen the economy go up and down. We have always tried to stock the best products, and the best pets and fish that we could get. We al
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines