COVINGTON, Ind. —
Joe Donnelly of Indiana is demonstrating all that is bad about politics.
First, as a congressman, he votes the party-line for Obamacare without even knowing the contents of the bill.
Now, as a senator, he makes fruitless noise to have Obamacare taxes on Indiana produced-medical equipment repealed; of course, to protect his state-wide electability.
Associated Press reports Terre Haute, Ind., has less than $41,000 in reserves and is borrowing to pay its bills. Too bad they cannot reclaim the $6.1 million that is the annual Terre Haute share of the $30 billion budget of the Department of Energy.
What has Terre Haute gained from the 120,000 direct or contracted employees of the DOE? Well, in 2011, they did receive a $700,000 grant for traffic lights.
After 25 years, has the DOE found ways to make drilling and transporting oil safer?
Lowered the cost of electricity, heat or gasoline? And, at an average annual cost of $266 per household, what is the DOE costing your community?
Only when we return government to its basic function of protection of life, liberty and private property will we end the disgusting practices of politicians and needless government agencies.
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines