COVINGTON, Ind. —
Joe Donnelly of Indiana is demonstrating all that is bad about politics.
First, as a congressman, he votes the party-line for Obamacare without even knowing the contents of the bill.
Now, as a senator, he makes fruitless noise to have Obamacare taxes on Indiana produced-medical equipment repealed; of course, to protect his state-wide electability.
Associated Press reports Terre Haute, Ind., has less than $41,000 in reserves and is borrowing to pay its bills. Too bad they cannot reclaim the $6.1 million that is the annual Terre Haute share of the $30 billion budget of the Department of Energy.
What has Terre Haute gained from the 120,000 direct or contracted employees of the DOE? Well, in 2011, they did receive a $700,000 grant for traffic lights.
After 25 years, has the DOE found ways to make drilling and transporting oil safer?
Lowered the cost of electricity, heat or gasoline? And, at an average annual cost of $266 per household, what is the DOE costing your community?
Only when we return government to its basic function of protection of life, liberty and private property will we end the disgusting practices of politicians and needless government agencies.
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Failing to recognize limits Editor:The June 27, Commercial-News contained three articles, among others, that prompt this note to the entire community.The first article, Page 3A: “Danville’s unemployment rate tops state rankings.”The second article, Page 4A: “Illinois cities dea
- Help fight human trafficking Editor:On June 20, Secretary of State John Kerry released the 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report, which ranks 188 countries on their efforts to combat human trafficking, including the United States.Human trafficking is modern day slavery and it occur
- We appreciate so little Editor:When I read a recent editorial on maintaining the parks, I just had to write.Years ago, we held our annual reunion at Douglas Park every year. It was a wonderful park when we first started meeting there and back in the late ‘50s they still had
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Members of the Bismarck-Henning Music Boosters send hearts “to all of our generous friends who sponsored signs and donated items to our mini-golf tournament. Without such givi
- U.S. leaders breaking the law U.S. leaders breaking the lawDear Editor:I am wondering how many Americans are going to care about the disregard for our system of government President Obama exercised when he released five terrorists back into freedom. These released terrorists were
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines