The GOP needs fixing before we can win again.
I would like to know what the Republican National Committee and state party are going to do to clean their own houses. In the RNC, many rules were added at the heavy hand of Ben Ginsberg. This is the same man who represented Mitt Romney in 2008 and 2012 who was later appointed by President Obama as co-chair of his Commission on Election Administration. How should Republicans feel to know that the RNC has taking actions recommended by a man rewarded by the Obama administration with a cushy appointment?
On the state level, all efforts to return party leadership to direct-election by the voters were suppressed. This means all party leadership is chosen by party insiders only. As a grassroots advocate for the Republican Party, I am deeply concerned about the impact that the events of 2012 will have on future party participation. How are we going to defeat the statist agenda when we ourselves operate within a house divided?
If you are a Republican who recognizes the failed direction our party is taking I implore you to get involved. It’s no longer adequate to maintain the status quo by simply voting Republican in an election when many of these Republicans are part of the problem. You need to get involved at the party level, tell leadership when you disagree, insist that they change their actions or step down from their position so someone else who will make the changes can lead.
- Letters to the Editor
- Support Wall on March 18 Editor: On Dec. 14 my friend and her father were on the hunt for a cat/kitten as a Christmas gift for her mother.
- Vote for Wall for judge Vote for Wall for judge Editor: I think Vermilion County voters should know there is truly only one qualified candidate for the position of circuit judge. Her name is Judge Karen Wall. She has received the highest rating of all candidates in an Illin
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines