My friend said the there are too many people and too few jobs, and that is why crimes are happening.
There are too few jobs for the young at entry level. Also note that not every worker is right for college, nor a skilled trade.
These are the same type of jobs where most of the workforce started. You could make a fair wage and get some benefits. The pay is not enough to get rich, but you could make a simple living. It could possibly work into a move for a skilled job or start you toward a college education while still working.
Where have all these jobs gone? Look at the label on most things you by. They say, “Made In China.” We, the people of this country, have let our lawmakers make it easy to send these jobs outside of our country. Now we no longer have the lower skill-level jobs. Also, we do not have these workers paying taxes or Social Security. Our state and nation are hurting badly. The lack of jobs has hurt every inch of our nation, but we still don’t move to stop it.
Wake up, America. Tariffs need to be in place. Tax the incoming goods. Make the playing field level so the next group of workers have a job to go to and not turn to crime.
- Letters to the Editor
- Dress code helps students focus Why is there so much fuss over uniforms in school?
- Support Wall on March 18 Editor: On Dec. 14 my friend and her father were on the hunt for a cat/kitten as a Christmas gift for her mother.
- Vote for Wall for judge Vote for Wall for judge Editor: I think Vermilion County voters should know there is truly only one qualified candidate for the position of circuit judge. Her name is Judge Karen Wall. She has received the highest rating of all candidates in an Illin
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines