C.A.R.A — Citizens for Animal Rescue and Adoption — is the local no-kill animal shelter in Tilton.
Every Sunday, as a volunteer, I take care of many of their cats. I’d like to introduce readers to some of the cats looking for a home.
Spot and Splat are two cats that have been together since birth. They love to play with other cats and sleep in a box. Celia, a tabby cat, gets along with other cats, but prefers to sit in a window or sleep on paper.
Willie, a long-haired, orange cat, is an easy going cat that gets along well with other cats. He’s also very neat. Angela is a friendly calico toward people, but would be better as an only cat.
If you like playful cats, Ryan, an orange cat, would be perfect for you. He loves to play with toys, but likes to be held, too. If you prefer a quiet cat, Black Diamond is the right cat for you. He gets along with other cats and loves kittens.
Lily and Willie, a tabby and white brother and sister, need to be adopted together. Once they were separated, and Lily was so depressed she got sick and wouldn’t eat. They get along well with other cats.
These are only a few cats C.A.R.A. has up for adoption. C.A.R.A. gets its cats and dogs spayed and neutered before they go home.
With so many sweet cats — and dogs — C.A.R.A. could always use volunteers and/or donations even if you can’t adopt.
- Letters to the Editor
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Try a different way to learn Try a different way to learn Editor: I was pleased to read the Freeport Journal Standard supported my view, that increasing the words spoken to poverty infants might eventually lift them from poverty. Finding ways to accomplish this is not the only c
- Support Dillard-Tracy ticket It seems that one Republican candidate for the nomination for governor in the March 18th primary election has spent millions of dollars on TV ads to try and buy his way to the nomination in November.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines