C.A.R.A — Citizens for Animal Rescue and Adoption — is the local no-kill animal shelter in Tilton.
Every Sunday, as a volunteer, I take care of many of their cats. I’d like to introduce readers to some of the cats looking for a home.
Spot and Splat are two cats that have been together since birth. They love to play with other cats and sleep in a box. Celia, a tabby cat, gets along with other cats, but prefers to sit in a window or sleep on paper.
Willie, a long-haired, orange cat, is an easy going cat that gets along well with other cats. He’s also very neat. Angela is a friendly calico toward people, but would be better as an only cat.
If you like playful cats, Ryan, an orange cat, would be perfect for you. He loves to play with toys, but likes to be held, too. If you prefer a quiet cat, Black Diamond is the right cat for you. He gets along with other cats and loves kittens.
Lily and Willie, a tabby and white brother and sister, need to be adopted together. Once they were separated, and Lily was so depressed she got sick and wouldn’t eat. They get along well with other cats.
These are only a few cats C.A.R.A. has up for adoption. C.A.R.A. gets its cats and dogs spayed and neutered before they go home.
With so many sweet cats — and dogs — C.A.R.A. could always use volunteers and/or donations even if you can’t adopt.
- Letters to the Editor
- We need an explanation Editor:In a prior letter I mistakenly said that in the last 30 years (correctly 20 years) health costs have grown only 0.8 percent, year over year, compared to 1.0 percent average since Obamacare became law: Obamacare effects are simply part of a lon
- No Headline Provided Money isn’t everythingEditor:Billionaire Bruce Rauner wants to be our governor here in Illinois. To me that would be like a millionaire running to be the mayor of Danville. He feels like his money is the only qualification that he needs.Here is a man
- No Headline Provided Keep pot out of townEditor:I was confused by the article in a recent Commercial-News about medical cannabis. It first states that strong support for this by local law enforcement. Then a little further down it states that Public Safety Director Larry
- Upset at discarded decorations Editor:I don’t know what is going on down at Georgetown Cemetery, but I find it pretty appalling. For the second year in a row, the arrangement that was placed on my grandparents’ grave has been stolen.Then on July 25, I go out to the cemetery to my
- No Headline Provided Help Make-A-WishEditor:It’s wonderful to make a child’s wish come true. As volunteer wish granters for Make-A-Wish Illinois, we have opportunities to do just that for children with life-threatening illnesses. The children we serve are between the age
- Cruelty to dog inexcusable Cruelty to dog inexcusableEditor:To the low-life who took a beautiful, young, blue and white pit bull-boxer mix, put her in a box, taped it shut and left her to die, I hope karma becomes your best friend.Some low-life did this during the weekend of J
- Hearts & darts Here are a few of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• The family of Teresa Denhart Ramey of Crawfordsville, Ind., — Bob, Rachel and Kendal Ramey; Bob and Mary Elaine Denhart; Betty Smith; and Allen and Julia Denhart and family
- End the excuses End the excusesEditor:Due to our real estate tax bills being late again, parents have to enroll their children in school while trying to pay that bill. According to the news, the cost of school supplies is up this year. So which is to be paid first?O
- Beware of political speak Beware of political speakEditor:When a politician says that his or her policy is working, I want to know, “What is the policy?” and, “What is the cause and effect reasoning leading to a conclusion that the policy is working?” Of course, I never get a
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines