WILLIAMSPORT, Ind. —
Recently one of your regular liberal contributors wrote that Rush Limbaugh should be dumped and Fox News silenced. Let me say, Mr. Liberal, the same First Amendment that allows you to voice your opinion also gives that right to conservatives.
You call Rush a liar, so let’s look at President Obama. He said that Obamacare would make health care better and cheaper — a lie. He said no new taxes for the lower and middle class — a lie.
He said, "40 percent of firearms are sold without background checks — a lie. He said, "I won’t take your guns" — a lie. How about Bengazi — lies and more lies.
The letter claims Rush is uneducated. I tell you, I know a lot of educated idiots.
I don’t know how you liberals get off thinking that yours is the only opinion or that you are always right. Obama also is a hipocrite. He won the election on the platform of taking from the rich and giving to the poor. Then he, being one of the top 1 percent, paid 18 percent taxes.
How long do you think the working people can support the whole country? We are headed for disaster as a nation.
WILLIAMSPORT, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- No Headline Provided Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Failing to recognize limits Editor:The June 27, Commercial-News contained three articles, among others, that prompt this note to the entire community.The first article, Page 3A: “Danville’s unemployment rate tops state rankings.”The second article, Page 4A: “Illinois cities dea
- Help fight human trafficking Editor:On June 20, Secretary of State John Kerry released the 2014 Trafficking in Persons Report, which ranks 188 countries on their efforts to combat human trafficking, including the United States.Human trafficking is modern day slavery and it occur
- We appreciate so little Editor:When I read a recent editorial on maintaining the parks, I just had to write.Years ago, we held our annual reunion at Douglas Park every year. It was a wonderful park when we first started meeting there and back in the late ‘50s they still had
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Members of the Bismarck-Henning Music Boosters send hearts “to all of our generous friends who sponsored signs and donated items to our mini-golf tournament. Without such givi
- U.S. leaders breaking the law U.S. leaders breaking the lawDear Editor:I am wondering how many Americans are going to care about the disregard for our system of government President Obama exercised when he released five terrorists back into freedom. These released terrorists were
- 'Gun-free' signs are an invitation Editor: I would like to address something that concerns me deeply.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines