WILLIAMSPORT, Ind. —
Recently one of your regular liberal contributors wrote that Rush Limbaugh should be dumped and Fox News silenced. Let me say, Mr. Liberal, the same First Amendment that allows you to voice your opinion also gives that right to conservatives.
You call Rush a liar, so let’s look at President Obama. He said that Obamacare would make health care better and cheaper — a lie. He said no new taxes for the lower and middle class — a lie.
He said, "40 percent of firearms are sold without background checks — a lie. He said, "I won’t take your guns" — a lie. How about Bengazi — lies and more lies.
The letter claims Rush is uneducated. I tell you, I know a lot of educated idiots.
I don’t know how you liberals get off thinking that yours is the only opinion or that you are always right. Obama also is a hipocrite. He won the election on the platform of taking from the rich and giving to the poor. Then he, being one of the top 1 percent, paid 18 percent taxes.
How long do you think the working people can support the whole country? We are headed for disaster as a nation.
WILLIAMSPORT, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines