WILLIAMSPORT, Ind. —
Recently one of your regular liberal contributors wrote that Rush Limbaugh should be dumped and Fox News silenced. Let me say, Mr. Liberal, the same First Amendment that allows you to voice your opinion also gives that right to conservatives.
You call Rush a liar, so let’s look at President Obama. He said that Obamacare would make health care better and cheaper — a lie. He said no new taxes for the lower and middle class — a lie.
He said, "40 percent of firearms are sold without background checks — a lie. He said, "I won’t take your guns" — a lie. How about Bengazi — lies and more lies.
The letter claims Rush is uneducated. I tell you, I know a lot of educated idiots.
I don’t know how you liberals get off thinking that yours is the only opinion or that you are always right. Obama also is a hipocrite. He won the election on the platform of taking from the rich and giving to the poor. Then he, being one of the top 1 percent, paid 18 percent taxes.
How long do you think the working people can support the whole country? We are headed for disaster as a nation.
WILLIAMSPORT, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Wall is a good judge Wall is a good judge Editor: I ask that you vote for Judge Karen Wall in the Democrat primary election. In 2010, I and the other Circuit Court Judges selected Karen from more than 20 applicants, to serve as an associate judge for Vermilion County. In
- Don't raise taxes again Don't raise taxes again Editor: Here we go again. Danville now wants to charge you if you use the fire department, $150 for the truck and $50 per hour for the firefighters. I wonder if the mayor and aldermen ever look in a mirror and say, "Yep, we mi
- Wall a top-rank judge Wall a top-rank judge Editor: As a former circuit court judge, state's attorney and defense attorney, I have come to know and thereby have been able to evaluate most attorneys in Vermilion County. Judge Karen Wall is, by far, in the top ranks. Judge
- Wall a candidate with integrity Editor: We, as a people in this modern society, are overwhelmed with information, be it important or trivial; for many it takes up their lives in ways some of us cannot even imagine. Facebook and Twitter surround us with the joy and angst of anyone w
- Keep Wall on the bench Keep Wall on the bench Editor: I believe voters have a great choice in the March 18 Democratic primary for resident Circuit Court Judge. Judge Karen Wall is the only candidate of the three Democrats who has judicial experience and the only Democrat r
- Turner a good choice Turner a good choice Editor: It is with much respect for this candidate that I recommend Chad Turner, who is running for the Vermilion County Board's District 5 seat. I have known Chad, professionally and personally, for the last 14 years. Chad is a
- Gambling won't help city Gambling won't help city Editor: Why, if the national average for a city our size is 34 firefighters, do we have to have 51 when we can't afford them? I do not believe the average person realizes that $78 a year could be coming next year through the
- Try a different way to learn Try a different way to learn Editor: I was pleased to read the Freeport Journal Standard supported my view, that increasing the words spoken to poverty infants might eventually lift them from poverty. Finding ways to accomplish this is not the only c
- Support Dillard-Tracy ticket It seems that one Republican candidate for the nomination for governor in the March 18th primary election has spent millions of dollars on TV ads to try and buy his way to the nomination in November.
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines