The United States officially became a republic in 1776, 236 years ago. The number of people now getting free stuff outnumbers the people paying for the free stuff. We have only one chance to change that in 2012. Failure to change that spells the end of the United States as we know and love it.
The folks who are getting the free stuff don’t like the folks who are paying for the free stuff, because the folks who are paying for the free stuff can no longer afford to pay for both the free stuff and their own stuff.
And, the folks who are paying for the free stuff want the free stuff to stop, but the folks who are getting the free stuff want even more free stuff on top of the free stuff they are already getting.
Now the people who are forcing the people who pay for the free stuff have told the people who are receiving the free stuff that the people who are paying for the free stuff are being mean, prejudiced and racist.
So the people who are getting the free stuff have been convinced they need to hate the people who are paying for the free stuff by the people who are forcing some people to pay for their free stuff and giving them the free stuff in the first place.
It is frightening to realize that all great democracies have committed financial suicide somewhere between 200 and 250 years after being founded because some of the voters figured out they could vote themselves money from the treasury by electing people who promised to give them money from the treasury in exchange for electing them.
Election 2012 is coming; I will not tell you how to vote, but indeed, I beg you to exercise your privilege to voice your opinions in early November.
Are you registered to vote?
Do you need to arrange for transportation to the polling place?
Do you need to research the candidates which deserve your support?
There is still time.
Stand up as a patriot by doing all that you need to do to prepare to vote.
Keith Daniel Bouslog
- Letters to the Editor
- Running with a real purpose Running with a real purposeI have a story that I like to share.For many years I been struggling with a purpose for life. I know there is a reason why were here on earth. And I know there’s more than just existing. There is something I can do for some
- Parking woes at civic center Editor:I enjoy going to the David S. Palmer Civic Center and really enjoy the Dashers games and I’m looking forward to the Riverhawks basketball team.Last fall, the city removed the three handicapped parking spaces on the south side of the center. I
- Looking forward to bright futures Editor:For the past few weeks I read the great accomplishments of valedictorians from Paxton, Danville, Urbana and Champaign.As a retired science teacher and businessman, I am proud of their achievements and the parents and teachers who contributed t
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines