COVINGTON, Ind. —
The federal government has brought us Fast and Furious, Benghazi, investigations of our press (AP & Rosen) National Labor Relation Board appointees that were ruled un-constitutional, a health care system that is going to lower premiums and if you like your doctor we keep our doctor. (While premiums have soared and one out three doctors are retiring because of it.)
Also, we’ve seen a refusal to prosecute Black Panthers for voter intimidation, whispers to Russian premiers, bowing to Saudi Kings, enormous handouts to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, an attorney general who openly states his desire to brainwash children but doesn’t know a thing about anything when asked by the oversight committee, a State Department that covers up ambassadors hiring of prostitutes, an IRS that targets people based on their political beliefs and a director of national intelligence that tells us he lies to Congress in the “least untruthful manner.”
The president, Mike Rogers, Peter King, Diane Feinstein and others have the audacity to ask America to trust them? Why?
Max W. Morgan
COVINGTON, Ind. —
- Letters to the Editor
- Workcamp organizers say thanks Wow! When we first considered bringing Group Workcamps to Danville, we did not hesitate because we know how Danville responds to events that are important to the community ... and boy, did you respond!The first day, we provided the campers with goodi
- Dump Durbin in 2014 Dump Durbin in 2014Editor:Dr. Natalie J. Goldring, of Georgetown University, on June 25, told lobbyists concerned with the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty issue the National Rifle Association (NRA) and others have spread lies about the effect of the treaty on
- Take a stand against violence Take a stand against violenceEditor:My son Kevin A. Jackson was killed three years ago on Valentine’s Day. He would have been 20 on July 22.I have to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem. Danville, it’s time for us to take a stan
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:• Missy Parson, Hope Garrett and Barbara Wright, event coordinators for for Relay for Life of Vermilion County, send hearts “to all who participated in the Relay for Life 2014
- No help for working poor Editor:Whatever happened to the old rule that so long as a person was paying on a bill, service of utilities couldn’t be cut off? For 18 years I have had a perfect payment record. I now have nothing, am paying every penny I do earn at three intermitt
- Hearts & darts Here are some of the good things readers noticed around the area recently:Suse Townsley, of Danville, sends hearts to the staff at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center. “I was taken to the hospital on June 22 through June 24 and stayed in the ne
Church cancels popular event
Church cancels popular eventAfter 22 years of hosting the popular St. Anthony’s Salad Luncheon, the ladies of the church group have reluctantly been forced to cancel this year’s luncheon because the Vermilion County Health Department insists all dona
- No Headline Provided I read an interesting article about CEO salaries for S&P 500 companies.
- Use Lincoln's inspiration Editor:Usually July 4, our country’s birthday, is ushered in with parades, flags and pride.However, with news of a war we never won, loss of respect by our allies, a president whose trust among our people is gradually fading and who is depleting our
- Submit Your Letter!
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines